Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
They pushing Carol so hard, they got her boding dudes on their own cover
tumblr_of1qn9reFf1u496xso1_540.jpg
:scust:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
:heh: hey you ever seen the Reed vs Doom fight where they're fighting while time hopping?

:takedat: It's some of the coolest shyt ever. The issue reads as two issues in one.

:ohhh:One with them fighting that you can track in order via the clock in their panels

:russ: one where you read page by page(like a normal comic) from Ben Grimm's perspective and neither he nor you know what the hell is going on.

:blessed: It's one of my favorite comic issues of all time.

edit: it's THIS issue!

latest

:ohhh:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Their most recognizable character literally can't talk, has no charisma to him and is portrayed as completely reliant on other people carrying the dialogue while he looks on.

Their next most recognizable character is a generic wife queen with a laughable power set and even worse costume.

Their 3rd most recognizable character is an oversized teleporting mutt.

Inhumans were always going to have an uphill battle in the MCU because the royal family itself is largely boring, old fashioned and caucasian. They tried combating that by addin some 'versity to the supporting cast and makin Medusa replace Black Bolt as the face of the franchise... but nobody cares.

And even with all the race-bending they'd have to do in the MCU movie version (if they ever get around to that again) i just don't see the interest in them or it being worth the investment. They work better as a plot device for other characters.
On top of that on the ridiculously slow AOS ramp up they didnt even mention the top 5 Inhumans or the city if I'm not mistaken. After an entire season we still only have Terrigen crystals and Quake. Has the word Inhumans even been mentioned in the MCU? If the TV show is such a black sheep of the MCU why would they even introduce them there if they were serious about a franchise?

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
This is why I only buy trades.

$5 for 10 minutes worth of entertainment? :francis:
Yea i hear you. I don't get that many series' but Ms Marvel is something I consistently buy. I skimmed through it and it felt like it more pages than usual..turns out it was a preview for Red Widow towards the end of the book. :camby:

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
So today sees the finale of Nighthawk, and my LCS supposedly sold out Nighthawk #6 :wtf::shaq2:

How is that possible? Now I have to cop it online and wait.

But damn, this really is the end. I still think Marvel cancelled this far too quickly and easily. In retrospect it's like as soon as David Walker came to them with the script they couldn't wait to get it out there just to kill it fast as possible and get it over with like they were box checking. The sales couldn't be so bad they felt to cancel so quickly after 2 issues.

I thought there would never be another comic superhero like NH or the current run he had but it looks like BLACK and The Vigilante: Southland are looking to fill the famillar gaps NH put on. :ehh:

This is why I only buy trades.

$5 for 10 minutes worth of entertainment? :francis:

I only buy floppies and stick to a book on a monthly basis if I'm really hooked into it or if I don't want it to be cancelled. Otherwise I drop it or wait for a trade.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
So today sees the finale of Nighthawk, and my LCS supposedly sold out Nighthawk #6 :wtf::shaq2:

But damn, this really is the end. I still think Marvel cancelled this far too quickly and easily. In retrospect it's like as soon as David Walker came to them with the script they couldn't wait to get it out there just to kill it fast as possible and get it over with like they were box checking. The sales couldn't be so bad they felt to cancel so quickly after 2 issues.

I thought there would never be another comic superhero like NH or the current run he had but it looks like BLACK and The Vigilante: Southland are looking to fill the famillar gaps NH put on. :ehh:

I only buy floppies and stick to a book on a monthly basis if I'm really hooked into it or if I don't want it to be cancelled. Otherwise I drop it or wait for a trade.

They usually give issues 6-8 to see if doing well before cancellation. Nighthawk got the standard, no one was reading.

Daps

I read an article about Nighthawk's cancellation and the sales numbers they gave were bad. I didn't even know the book existed until I read the cancellation articles. I preordered the trade on Amazon.

David Walker also said that Power Man & Iron Fist isn't doing well.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I read an article about Nighthawk's cancellation and the sales numbers they gave were bad. I didn't even know the book existed until I read the cancellation articles. I preordered the trade on Amazon.

David Walker also said that Power Man & Iron Fist isn't doing well.

They were bad but Marvel didn't even pretend to try and market it. They pushed out an unknown book with a very obscure hero and with no hype at all. That's never gonna work no matter how compelling and fresh the plot is. They could have gone all out with advertisng the sensationalism of the plot. They knew it wasn't going to be a hit but they did it anyway for some odd reason and that's what's striking to me.

And I thought Power Man and Iron Fist had a big fanbase?