Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Man fukkkk all that other shyt, yall gotta read Spider-Man/Deadpool #12 Christmas Special :russ:

Deadpool got bars yall

*villain kicks black baby doll*
DP: Oh nooo! Not black baby jesus! :damn:
*DP catches doll*
DP: I got him! I saved black baby jesus :whew:
Spidey: You know, you can just call him baby jesus :what:
DP: I could, :jbhmm: but black baby jesus is way more fun to say and probably more historically accurate :hubie:

:mjlol:

Even Spideys in there referencing Ray J's i hit it first track for jokes lmao

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Civil War 2 was just as pointless as I assumed it would be. Glad I pirated every issue.

JL vs SS #2 kept it real and had the League basically handling the Squad until Superman let his innate simpishness allow Enchantress to get the drop on him which turned the tables on the League. Killer Frost fukked Supes up too.
Batman and Deadshot's verbal sparring was really good. And I am more and more intrigued about Max Lord and his crew of villains.

The whole time reading Uncanny Avengers #18a couple things were bothering me:
I kept thinking how strange it was that none of the other X-people seemed to give much of a damn that Red Skull is running around with Chuck's brain.
That nobody on this Unity Team thought maybe it would be a good idea to add an actual alpha level telepath to the team since they would have to deal with Skull...and Cable is a piss poor telepath and I have no idea what the fukk Synapse's powers are. There are former Avengers and X-Men that fit that bill that could have been added to this team since the last time they fought the Skull.
I have a very clear recollection of telepaths having a hell of a time just reading Quicksilver's mind let alone taking control of it because of some nonsense about his brain moving too fast or some other comic booky shyt so Quicksilver shouldn't have been the member of the team that Skull was able to turn into his slave.

Spiderman #11 was pure filler. I didn't need to see Miles' dad get tested by SHIELD. I honestly don't need Miles' dad being a spy. Couldn't dude just be an insurance salesman or something? I like Miles as an ordinary kid with super-powers. All of this SHIELD stuff just mucks up the works.

Hulk #1 was really good. I have always enjoyed She-Hulk when her being a lawyer was a major part of her comic. Not sure how much I am going to like her being all anguished about hulking up though. One of the best things about She-Hulk was the fact that she enjoyed being a Hulk/super-hero and now they seem to be turning her into "Bruce Banner with a vagina".

Supergirl: Being Super was really good. It is what I was hoping the Supergirl TV show would be like.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I keep hoping miles book will get better. Dude doesn't need all this overly emotional I'm traumatized bullshyt. He needs good villians. His OWN villians. How hard is it to bring back ultimate Kate bishop and make her a villian. How hard? Instead I'm getting stories on miles dad being a spy, being overly traumatized CW2, and spider Gwen. Why?

Hulk got me interested though. I don't like Cho as hulk. It's too fluffy. I don't really like it had to be jen but hey I will take it. The darker angrier tone should be the hulk book in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am still sorely disappointed in Coates' Black Panther and really need to tell my CBS to remove it from my pull list.

Rocket Racc00n #1 is built on a dumb and flimsy base...if Rocket wants to get off of Earth there are a million places he can go to get a space ship. Why they are making it like there are no stray space ships around and that Captain Marvel isn't letting aliens come to or leave Earth is just ridiculous.

I am liking Teen Titans and get that DC is trying to emulate the cartoon a bit with the members of the team but having grown ass Starfire on a squad with a bunch of children who have a chip on their shoulders because the adult heroes see them as kids and not legit heroes is stupid. They should have put Miss Martian or Terra on the Teen Totans and had Starfire on the Titans team.

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Does anyone use Comixology Unlimited? If so, how do you like it?

I had it for a little bit. Wasn't bad but I started a masters program so I didn't have time to really to take advantage of it and cancelled it. You don't get access to Marvel or DC and all the other comics are usually not the most current issue. For some titles, it almost seems like they want you to really just sample and buy books. For example, The Walking Dead only had maybe the first 5 issues available when I had it. Just enough to peak your interest but you not getting majority of the run. Other titles might have way more though. I would say for like the price of 2 comics a month its not bad though, more than likely you will find something new that you hadn't thought about looking at that's not apart of the major 2.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had it for a little bit. Wasn't bad but I started a masters program so I didn't have time to really to take advantage of it and cancelled it. You don't get access to Marvel or DC and all the other comics are usually not the most current issue. For some titles, it almost seems like they want you to really just sample and buy books. For example, The Walking Dead only had maybe the first 5 issues available when I had it. Just enough to peak your interest but you not getting majority of the run. Other titles might have way more though. I would say for like the price of 2 comics a month its not bad though, more than likely you will find something new that you hadn't thought about looking at that's not apart of the major 2.
Yeah, I know Marvel & DC aren't in it. At least Marvel has their own service though. I wish DC would do something similar.

There's a couple of books from publishers like Avatar and Dynamite that I want to try. I'll probably sign up soon. Not a fan of the Comixology app though.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Now I skimmed through this Infamous Iron Man bullshyt too and just read a page where Doom talks about how he always admired Iron Man. Goddamn, last week of '16 out here refueling every inch of my hatred for this hack Bendis. :snoop:
I refuse to entertain Bendis' bullshyt. As far as I am concerned Doom still thinks of Tony Stark as a loser who is far beneath Doom just like he did in the two arcs from Iron Man where Stark and Doom went to Camelot.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever

1568.gif

Bad Boy, baby

It won't stop

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Lmaoooo at Civil War's ending. This bytch arrests ppl for shyt they may or may not do, gets Hulk killed, unjustly arrests Miles, had dangerous spectacular battles all over the US causing property damage civilian injuries, put She Hulk in a coma, gets Rhodey killed, and for the grand finale: FIGHTS IRON MAN RIGHT OVER THE WHITE HOUSE, BASICALLY KILLS TONY......instead of going to jail or being fired, she's being asked to b president of the UNITED STATES!?

Plus we ain't gonna even talk about her being totally ignorant of the Red Skull, Cap being a Hydra agent, ALL UNDER HER WATCH.