Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta get back into Deadpool. I stopped fukking with Wade after that terrible run by Daniel Way and haven't really gone back since, but everything I see of the new stuff is legit funny.
Posehn/Duggan's run was lit. Haven't read anything since that run though

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
tumblr_oexw5253Mb1uiitobo1_540.jpg

tumblr_oexw5253Mb1uiitobo2_540.jpg
Eh, I'm all for dark humor but fukking around with suicide like this? :patrice:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Has anyone gone back to read the Age of Apocalypse in its entirety from the 90s?

How is the art? I want to re-read it but it had some questionable art.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What they did to patriot still pisses me off.

I'm not saying it's right but I actually still hold a grudge against Hulking and Wiccan just off of that shyt. Patriot was the leader of YA and his budding romance with Hawkeye/Kate Bishop was a nice on-going subplot... but they completely scrapped Patriot's development to put a focus on the gay couple as the prominent focus of the book.. which wouldn't have aggravated me as much if they didn't then completely shyt on Eli, dead his relationship with Kate unceremoniously, castrate him with "guilt" over Wanda, before then completely throwing him to the bushes by having him "quit" the team, with all his friends then just moving on without him. And he's been shelved ever since.

For a time I was irate. Haven't bought a book with any of those characters since.

I co sign all of this.

They did Patriot dirty in Children's Crusade. So much of that series is just the other characters going "You suck Eli". I wish somebody would do a series where we see Children's Crusade from Eli's perspective so we can see it was just Eli being shytted on by his liberal white "friends".

What made things worse is that I remember the writer of that last volume of Young Avengers lying to fans and saying he wanted to use Eli but couldn't because Marvel had "big plans" for the character moving forward...That shyt was nearly 5 years ago and nobody has seen nor mentioned Eli since then.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I co sign all of this.

They did Patriot dirty in Children's Crusade. So much of that series is just the other characters going "You suck Eli". I wish somebody would do a series where we see Children's Crusade from Eli's perspective so we can see it was just Eli being shytted on by his liberal white "friends".

What made things worse is that I remember the writer of that last volume of Young Avengers lying to fans and saying he wanted to use Eli but couldn't because Marvel had "big plans" for the character moving forward...That shyt was nearly 5 years ago and nobody has seen nor mentioned Eli since then.
I think he was telling the truth I think the falcap stuff is what started to change after they decided to do falcon in the movies and Bucky. Eli was briefly mentioned in the ya run with Loki that he was pretty much loafing around and being a bytch which pissed me off . I think with a black cap it's time for him to return during secret empire . He'd be a great addition to the champions or The ultimates or one of the 30 avengers books something. Just use the breh
Marvel is so ruled by thr movies it's sickening
Edit : wow was that YA really that long ago :to: damn I'm getting old fukk .

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think he was telling the truth I think the falcap stuff is what started to change after they decided to do falcon in the movies and Bucky. Eli was briefly mentioned in the ya run with Loki that he was pretty much loafing around and being a bytch which pissed me off . I think with a black cap it's time for him to return during secret empire . He'd be a great addition to the champions or The ultimates or one of the 30 avengers books something. Just use the breh
Marvel is so ruled by thr movies it's sickening
Edit : wow was that YA really that long ago :to: damn I'm getting old fukk .

I think he would be a great addition to the champions as well

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's not put him on the ultimates. Seeing him get punked by Ms America would make me drop that shyt with the quickness

Even though I hate his current Black Panther run, Eli would probably be a great fit in the new Crew series.

Though I could easily see him getting punked by some new character Coates decides to create