Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Even though I hate his current Black Panther run, Eli would probably be a great fit in the new Crew series.

Though I could easily see him getting punked by some new character Coates decides to create

I'd rather Ewing or remender handle Eli. Coates has his hands full with whatever the hell he's doing with panther.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Let's not put him on the ultimates. Seeing him get punked by Ms America would make me drop that shyt with the quickness
Marvel needs to resurrect the Young Avengers title only this time make it an official team of younger heroes under the same umbrella as The Avengers. Have Cap or somebody decide it is best to have a hand in shepherding the young heroes instead of letting them run around all wild like The Champions are.

Add Eli as team leader, move the new Wasp over to the YA team from the main Avengers. Toss in Moon Girl. Throw in whatever former Young Avengers or Avengers Academy who aren't on a team already or dead and you have another Avengers book that would have a ready made conflict with The Champions.
The crossovers write themselves.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It should be alright. David Walker is writing it and he seems to have a better handle on Luke than Bendis ever did.

It's just a damn shame that it took so long for them to do another Luke Cage ongoing. Since Luke came back in New Avengers Iron Fist has had TWO ongoing series. All they've been doing with Luke is put him in team books and giving him shytty ass mini series.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked JLA: Rebirth #1...I'm a sucker for stories where teams are being assembled and I like the mix of characters they have especially the way Lobo is basically the Guy Gardner of this team. I do have to wonder why Lobo is on the team if Batman's reason for even making this team is to give the people of Earth a League that is "human" and not made up of "gods". Aint shyt human about Lobo.

Kingpin #1 was much better than I was expecting.

The ending of New Super-Man #8 was :troll:...I understand an Asian writer trying to reclaim a character from back in the day that was a horrible racist stereotype but to not even update the look of the character just seemed odd to me.

I liked Mosaic more in Inhumans vs X-Men #4 than I have in any of the issues of his own book I read.

Brett Booth's shytty 1990s Image style art makes Titans a fukking chore to try and read.

Deathstroke #12 was good and Priest's DC version of Black Panther cracks me up.

The end of Suicide Squad #11 was :bryan:and has me :lupe: waiting for the next issue.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
For me, it's more so that current day comic Luke Cage isn't as fun as the Netflix version, and i'm not sure Walker has the vision to change that by making him a detective in new orleans. But we'll see :yeshrug:

Netflix Cage is a calm smooth talkin breh who gets busy, bangs all the females but still also has an every-day-man feel with the bad luck stuff he gotta deal with
Whereas comic Cage comes across like a sitcom husband who is always one misstep away from 'sleeping on the couch' or having another "where's the baby!?" run-around.

I think over the years they've made his character a little too catering to the Jessica/baby subplots that he lost some of his individuality.