Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Cancel the open top bus, Klopp farewell tour ends in shambles

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
City were almost nonchalant about this VAR call. After that Spurs 2nd leg, I doubt VAR can hurt them again

Pep and Aguero were prolly gonna smash tonight :hhh:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Me too.

All this "spirit of the game" shyt is good to say until your team benefits from it.

I'm prepared as an Arsenal fan to be screwed over by VAR at least once knowing that at least once I'm gonna benefit from it

:ehbay:

giphy.gif

Takes too much away from the game. Eventually people are going to stop getting emotionally invested in goals, because they might get overturned because of VAR.

I just don’t think it’s a good thing for the sport overall.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
VAR is a good tool, but the implementation is terrible. It shouldn't be used to reverse marginal decisions, or incidental ones. The guy wasn't even looking at the ball when it brushed his arm. By the letter of the law, sure it's a handball, but the rule itself is poor. Players need to just start aiming at their opponents arms as soon as they get into the box based off this.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
VAR is doing it's job but I hate it because you can't celebrate goals in the moment anymore.

Before you could quickly look over at the linesman and enjoy the goal, now you have to pray there was nothing wrong after they review the whole build up :francis:

Last week I didn't even jump up for that Pogba to Rashford goal because I had to see the replay from every single angle to make sure it will stand.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Given all this VAR insanity, City really only have themselves to blame for dropping points. They should've iced this match an hour before that even happened.