The Official Homeowners Thread

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
If you have a Harbor Freight I paid like $300 for my mower. Have had it for 2 years and not a single problem, I don’t smell like fkn gasoline after mowing, no motor noise, no dealing with oil changes or having to get gas and store combustibles in the garage etc.
man ive never shopped at harbor freight, hearing the quality of stuff they sell is a bit on the low end

Spence

Superstar
Daps
man ive never shopped at harbor freight, hearing the quality of stuff they sell is a bit on the low end
They’ve gotten a lot better. They now approach it as a “good, better, best” strategy so there’s tiers to their products instead of everything being $1 store Chinesium. Look up the orange mower I’m talking about. I also have a few of their power tools and their entire Pittsburgh ratchet sets, the Ocon line is a direct Snap On knock off made in the same factory just different brand name slapped on it. Look at the YouTube reviews so you’ll know what’s up, my mower has dual batteries so if the lawn is harder to cut it draws extra power from the secondary battery and it’s never ran out of fuel on me. I have a very big lawn.

Ransoming

Rookie
Daps
Anyone paved their walkway here? Just got a house and im already tired of walking in the grass to get to the crib after I park in my driveeway so I’m thinking of making that my next project after I’m done all painting

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
fukk these weeds. After I clear this shyt out, I'm throwing a thick layer of mulch over the yards to smother this shyt. :unimpressed:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Built me a pergola

BxH7QZl.jpeg

QJXr20b.jpeg

BaGi3Ps.jpeg

lunch-eating-pants.gif

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Does it provide any shade at all? Been thinking about adding one to the side.

It actually does surprisingly. Seems to have dropped the temperature on the porch by a few degrees and provides a bit of a breeze so the flies stay away. You can also add some cross boards or a screen to the rafters if you need more shade as well.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
My mortgage company over collected funds in my escrow account for the place I sold in 2021 :dahell: so they have a ~$5000 check they owe me. Unexpected money is always a :blessed:
Gah damn!

Got PMI removed this month, I should’ve done it back in February and not waited since they got me for an additional rack. Save $4k this year alone and about $36k over the next 10 years PMI would’ve been on :blessed:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Cut the plug off and hardwired a bug zapper to one of the light fixtures on my garage yesterday. The floodlight is on a photocell, but im gonna run the trap 24/7. The piece you see on the front of it is a bait that mimics human breath and supposedly draws biting incests such as horse flies and mosquitoes to it. Because the zapper is just a cheap lil $40 unit, im treating it as disposable, so i used some quick connect/disconnect wire terminals inside the junction box so that i can swap it out quickly in the future without having to mess with any wire nuts.

3akb227.jpeg

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Cut the plug off and hardwired a bug zapper to one of the light fixtures on my garage yesterday. The floodlight is on a photocell, but im gonna run the trap 24/7. The piece you see on the front of it is a bait that mimics human breath and supposedly draws biting incests such as horse flies and mosquitoes to it. Because the zapper is just a cheap lil $40 unit, im treating it as disposable, so i used some quick connect/disconnect wire terminals inside the junction box so that i can swap it out quickly in the future without having to mess with any wire nuts.

3akb227.jpeg
:wow:

I need this for real. Front and back, mosquitos are really bad in my house.

And yeah for $40 I would buy 3 or 4 to stock up and once it burns out like you said, just swap it out. If Amazon still sells the same model just keep sending them the burnt out units :pachaha:

Give me all the details on this either here or via dm, need it bad for real.