The Official "Iron Fist" Season 2 Thread

Daps
Just finished this

dont get how they could fail with a 2nd season, they announced this at comic con on some "just wait and see what we do without time constraints" but it still ended up lower tier

-the meachums werent needed, Ward could have just cameoed for support everything joy related was a waste of time

-Typhoid mary started with promise but it kind of went nowhere. I can only hope she crosses over to another show cuz her character fell flat. Whats the point of a DID gimmick if the alternate identities are rarely shown? Fell into the trap of only changing to mary when the story needed it thats bad writing 101

-danny rand was kind of sidelined for most of it, dont feel either way about him but u do something like that make sure the ensemble is luke cage level, which this cast sorely were not. At times i wondered what show this was, u had joy, misty, colleen and mary all driving the story while danny was a passenger and ward directionless, felt like a set up..

- It was great to see so many asian actors on screen even though most of em were mixed.

-The 2 best fight scenes included colleen go figure. The fuk happened to her butt though she was working with something last time.

-Davos was a good villian but the fact he nor mary nor the meachums died is a head scratcher

-misty was a much needed addition, didnt know she would feature so heavily. They should stop teasing a partnership with her and wing tho. When standing together she looks a good 15 years older than colleen. Surprised when they referenced not knowing each other. Defenders, luke cage and now this and they are still strangers? :mindblown:

Its clear what iron fist is and its always going to be on the lower end of these netflix marvel series. This was on par with jj s2 and defenders 4.5/10.
Is this season good?
Below average

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Just finished this

dont get how they could fail with a 2nd season, they announced this at comic con on some "just wait and see what we do without time constraints" but it still ended up lower tier

-the meachums werent needed, Ward could have just cameoed for support everything joy related was a waste of time

-Typhoid mary started with promise but it kind of went nowhere. I can only hope she crosses over to another show cuz her character fell flat. Whats the point of a DID gimmick if the alternate identities are rarely shown? Fell into the trap of only changing to mary when the story needed it thats bad writing 101

-danny rand was kind of sidelined for most of it, dont feel either way about him but u do something like that make sure the ensemble is luke cage level, which this cast sorely were not. At times i wondered what show this was, u had joy, misty, colleen and mary all driving the story while danny was a passenger and ward directionless, felt like a set up..

- It was great to see so many asian actors on screen even though most of em were mixed.

-The 2 best fight scenes included colleen go figure. The fuk happened to her butt though she was working with something last time.

-Davos was a good villian but the fact he nor mary nor the meachums died is a head scratcher

-misty was a much needed addition, didnt know she would feature so heavily. They should stop teasing a partnership with her and wing tho. When standing together she looks a good 15 years older than colleen. Surprised when they referenced not knowing each other. Defenders, luke cage and now this and they are still strangers? :mindblown:

Its clear what iron fist is and its always going to be on the lower end of these netflix marvel series. This was on par with jj s2 and defenders 4.5/10.
Below average

See, sometimes people's ratios do serve as a good indicator of the quality you can expect.:DyingLaughing:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Is this season good?

It’s better than the 1st season..... but it may not be the speed for most.

I’d say if you couldn’t tolerate S1 and really not a fan of IF, no point of wasting your time to complain about later like some folks

Martha

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't like how they spent episodes building up this third extreme identity that neither "Mary" nor "Walker" knew about, yet we never actually got to see it in action. :martin:

All in all, though, the action was leagues better than the first season.

And this may belong in the "Luke Cage" thread, but I liked the blatant homage to the Godfather at the end of Season 2 when Luke had the door shut on Misty like Michael Corleone did to Kay. However, for Misty to start looking at Luke Cage like he's a bad guy just because he's a businessman now just feels off. Compare it to Michael and the infamous "baptism scene" in The Godfather. Has Luke Cage ever actually killed anyone? I can't recall that.

He even saved Mariah Stokes when she was trapped in a burning building. So how is Luke Cage suddenly the bad guy (especially in Misty's eyes, who has abused her authority as an NYPD officer on several occasions)? :francis:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I didn't like how they spent episodes building up this third extreme identity that neither "Mary" nor "Walker" knew about, yet we never actually got to see it in action. :martin:

All in all, though, the action was leagues better than the first season.

And this may belong in the "Luke Cage" thread, but I liked the blatant homage to the Godfather at the end of Season 2 when Luke had the door shut on Misty like Michael Corleone did to Kay. However, for Misty to start looking at Luke Cage like he's a bad guy just because he's a businessman now just feels off. Compare it to Michael and the infamous "baptism scene" in The Godfather. Has Luke Cage ever actually killed anyone? I can't recall that.

He even saved Mariah Stokes when she was trapped in a burning building. So how is Luke Cage suddenly the bad guy (especially in Misty's eyes, who has abused her authority as an NYPD officer on several occasions)? :francis:
I think she may be referring to what's happened since Luke season2 ended. We haven't seen him since then:demonic:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also they kept referencing the event from the first Avengers with the Chitauri invasion in DD, JJ, LC

But what happened in Infinity War, something of much greater magnitude and with major ramifications, hasn't been mentioned? :francis:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I think she may be referring to what's happened since Luke season2 ended. We haven't seen him since then:demonic:
no this is right after she got offered the promotion so shesbjust talking about the ending of season 2 of lc