The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Joe had that smoke for Charlamagne and B mic Crissle :pachaha:

If everything Joe is saying is true, I salute him for sticking to his guns and am pulling for him as a fan of the pod. The messenger (Joe) isn’t perfect but if you’re willing to listen to the message he’s dropping a ridiculous number of little gems for those who will have to fight the fight after him. It’s amazing that he had the foresight to build in full creative control of his podcast’s content and final approval of ads into his first contract. That’s the most critical part of the “let creatives create” talk he’s been spitting.

It’s very telling that Spotify wanted the whole 400 ep catalog with the ability to go back and overlay ads on them all while not really doing anything to help push or promote the pod during the last two years. That could be part of the reason why Spotify held the numbers and metrics so close to the chest when Joe wanted the data.

Last edited:
Daps

If everything Joe is saying is true, I salute him for sticking to his guns and am pulling for him as a fan of the pod. The messenger (Joe) isn’t perfect but if you’re willing to listen to the message he’s dropping a ridiculous number of little gems for those who will have to fight the fight after him. It’s amazing that he had the foresight to build in full creative control of his podcast’s content and final approval of ads into his first contract. That’s the most critical part of the “let creatives create” talk he’s been spitting.

It’s very telling that Spotify wanted the whole 400 ep catalog with the ability to go back and overlay ads on them all while not really doing anything lol I help push the pod during the last two years. That could be part of the reason why Spotify held the numbers and metrics so close to the chest when Joe wanted the data.

They strated to mess with the number and fudge them as well. They went from the number 1 podcast at the End of last year to number 19 by March . No I wouldn't renegotiate either with a company that is doing that .

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

It’s very telling that Spotify wanted the whole 400 ep catalog with the ability to go back and overlay ads on them all while not really doing anything lol I help push the pod during the last two years. That could be part of the reason why Spotify held the numbers and metrics so close to the chest when Joe wanted the data.
Even my girl laughed when he called her the B Mic and she’s a huge fan of there’s... :russ:

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Yall blaming Joe for defending himself.

no we are tired of him yelling and screaming for 90 mins about private conversations and then squeezing in 30 mins of regular pod when he had real topics this week to unwrap. He can handle all of that behind the scenes stuff on his personal time or on a social media post. I for one could care less about his business and him “opening the market up”for millions in his pockets. If he don’t stop the fukk shyt he will lose listeners... podcasts in general are not that important I can easily find something else to take up free time.

for someone that keeps talking about reading the room he is doing a shytty job at it right now. He drags all of the fun and entertainment out of the room and the rest of them are left there like ... welllllll okkkkkk anybody got topics?

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
They strated to mess with the number and fudge them as well. They went from the number 1 podcast at the End of last year to number 19 by March . No I wouldn't renegotiate either with a company that is doing that .
Like I said about the numbers they were playing games. They suddenly dropped so far just in time for contract negotiation:usure:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again my point is that Joe shouldn't be saying Charlemagne is his brother and he's fighting for him and then go on to shyt on him. It comes across as phony. He didn't need to speak on him at all. In the same topic he said that he wasn't going to address Gillie because now is not the time. In the past he has recused himself from speaking about certain topics because of his relationship with the person the topic is about. They always talk about how people should address things behind doors and yet they constantly do the opposite is all I'm saying.
He said the reason why he has to break it down is because ctg's platform is too big for ctg to be saying this. Budden was giving him game. It wasn't hate. He got addressed publicly on a big platform and felt like he had to correct it because it's too important especially coming from a voice like ctg. There is nothing contradictory in this. Still think his tone is off but props to him for sticking to his guns

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
no we are tired of him yelling and screaming for 90 mins about private conversations and then squeezing in 30 mins of regular pod when he had real topics this week to unwrap. He can handle all of that behind the scenes stuff on his personal time or on a social media post. I for one could care less about his business and him “opening the market up”for millions in his pockets. If he don’t stop the fukk shyt he will lose listeners... podcasts in general are not that important I can easily find something else to take up free time.

for someone that keeps talking about reading the room he is doing a shytty job at it right now. He drags all of the fun and entertainment out of the room and the rest of them are left there like ... welllllll okkkkkk anybody got topics?

Fam, this is going to be the pod ujtil they leave. He is angry, and is not going to be entertaining. He told you guys if you want the regular pod, you should skip it. Joe is going to talk shyt about them, get paid for it, and after the next move we will be ablr to laugh and joke. Charlamagne has said shyt about Joe for years, and he's finally had enough. The pod isn't mandatory.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Fam, this is going to be the pod ujtil they leave. He is angry, and is not going to be entertaining. He told you guys if you want the regular pod, you should skip it. Joe is going to talk shyt about them, get paid for it, and after the next move we will be ablr to laugh and joke. Charlamagne has said shyt about Joe for years, and he's finally had enough. The pod isn't mandatory.

:sadcam:

On Wed. he said we were getting jokes Saturday

:snoop:

I fell for it...

Fani Willis fan

Veteran
Daps
The fact that he can slander spotify on their own platform says a lot. Not many scenarios were an undervalued employee can still clock into work just to deface the company publicly, then clock out. Something in that contract was air tight or they still value the traffic

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
:sadcam:

On Wed. he said we were getting jokes Saturday

:snoop:

I fell for it...

I think that was before his peers and twitter started berating him before the next situation was announced. Joe is high emotional (i am too) so I get his train of thought.

Hopefully we get back to the regular in a few months

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

you do know a good portion of joes audience loves the rants. Bet you these episodes will have the most streams and views probably this year

shyt the podcast is built around joes rants