The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the placement was weird as fukk, I suspected that it was Drake that released that video, freaky ass nikka :hhh:

The

"Two lightskinned kids,that shyt would be cute" wasnt more weird or offensive to anybody on this pod:gucci:? Wonder why:mjpls:.

Not sure how the dikk line is the weird one,but that one isnt. Drake sound like a woman with self hate happy to have a child with good hair and pretty eyes. Now I csn believe he was trying to hid Adonis from the world. So Adonis could be raised as a white man away from the blacks Drake keeps around. And without people like Kendrick telling him hes black:scust:

These Drake lines got layers too looking back. Layers of white supremacy:respect:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A person can lie or make a mistake in a rhyme but if there is verifiable to proof that it's wrong people are allowed to point that out. People can't have it both ways it's either everything needs to be fact checked or not.

what Flip meant

So there is technically a such thing as B sharp. Thats just a clever flip even if it wouldve been innacurate. Kendrick was wrong about the actors name but people let him rock from what i saw. When Jay said he was only in the game 5 years, and Nas 10,we knew he was taking liberties. But that line still hit and was brutal. People being overzealous fact checkers just wanted to take away the strength of these lines, because they are stans of the rapper being dissed.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So there is technically a such thing as B sharp. Thats just a clever flip even if it wouldve been innacurate. Kendrick was wrong about the actors name but people let him rock from what i saw. When Jay said he was only in the game 5 years, and Nas 10,we knew he was taking liberties. But that line still hit and was brutal. People being overzealous fact checkers just wanted to take away the strength of these lines, because they are stans of the rapper being dissed.

You see it, if a line hits it hits, stan culture has become truly pathetic

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally thought the flip was forced a little. But i agree that yes theoretically B sharp exists.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Was Joe non-biased at all during the review? I haven’t listened yet but I’m not gonna waste 4 hours if dude was just finding every excuse to express his Drake hate as he always does
Kendrick won but Joe is nasty with this hidden agenda
After listening to this episode I went back and listened to the episode where they talked about J.Cole apologizing

I think Joe has been trying to tell us since the beef began unfolding that behind the scenes, the industry is not fukking with Drake at all right now and this is all a deliberate and concentrated effort to take him down.

You may say he’s biased or has an agenda but it seems the entire industry is biased against him too….and it can’t be because they are all “haters”

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I personally thought the flip was forced a little. But i agree that yes theoretically B sharp exists.

Maybe but being that the "A minooooor" line hit so hard? The fact he took the most impactful line from Not Like Us,and was able to create a flip for it impressed me.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funniest parts for me were Joe bringing up that "nikka still mad about that one ho, we ain't even fukk, I just liplocked with her" and everyone connecting it with the Ish incident and Ish being tight. Then Flip says, that sounds like a situation that happened here, and Ish was like "nah" then Joe goes "I know nikka, that's why I brought that line up - it wasn't by accident":laff: Ish's soul must have been burning - he gon be asking Joe for 5 minutes like Rory soon enough

also, when the lawyer called during the pod and said "Kendrick Won" :mjlol:

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
NGL, whole lot of marching band nerds exposing themself these last few pages talking about the legitimacy of music notes :mjlol:

Only thing I was worried about in High School was getting girls on their B-ack :shaq:

Consensually :hubie:

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After listening to this episode I went back and listened to the episode where they talked about J.Cole apologizing

I think Joe has been trying to tell us since the beef began unfolding that behind the scenes, the industry is not fukking with Drake at all right now and this is all a deliberate and concentrated effort to take him down.

You may say he’s biased or has an agenda but it seems the entire industry is biased against him too….and it can’t be because they are all “haters”

We look at 'the industry' as just the rappers but Joe has been making it clear it's bigger than that, wtf did Drake do :lupe:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I didn't care if B-sharp exists or not, just thought it was an unnecessary flip. I only want to see a flip like that if they can turn it around on the other person like Kendrick did with the "free the slaves" line into "he's not a colleague he's a colonizer".

Drake got off in his disses but Kendrick just played the whole shyt better.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i feel like the industry has been biased against drake from pretty early on. some openly, like dmx. some quietly until they had a reason to speak up.

they hit on it in the pod: it's the idea that the kid who would never be considered cool or street or the dude women fukk with, found a way to sit at the cool table and acquire all of those things. not only that, but he's at the head of the table (in terms of mainstream success), so even if you say something about it, you end up looking like a hater.

but no matter how much success he had, or how many women he pulled, they never saw him as someone who deserved his spot. at his core, they'll always see him as a cornball. kanye had to battle a similar perception early in his career; imo, he dealt with it by steering away from the types who could hold that over his head and made his own lane, until they came over to him (beans jumping on cant tell me nothing, for example). drake has always been determined to force their acceptance.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thing about that theory is why would the executives give a fukk about who is deemed cool or street, the goal has been and always will be making money and Drake makes them the most money far more than any of the current street rappers

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thing about that theory is why would the executives give a fukk about who is deemed cool or street, the goal has been and always will be making money and Drake makes them the most money far more than any of the current street rappers

The only things I can think off is either Drake has bitten the hands that feed him or the analytics say that he might no longer be as profitable.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i feel like the industry has been biased against drake from pretty early on. some openly, like dmx. some quietly until they had a reason to speak up.

they hit on it in the pod: it's the idea that the kid who would never be considered cool or street or the dude women fukk with, found a way to sit at the cool table and acquire all of those things. not only that, but he's at the head of the table (in terms of mainstream success), so even if you say something about it, you end up looking like a hater.

but no matter how much success he had, or how many women he pulled, they never saw him as someone who deserved his spot. at his core, they'll always see him as a cornball. kanye had to battle a similar perception early in his career; imo, he dealt with it by steering away from the types who could hold that over his head and made his own lane, until they came over to him (beans jumping on cant tell me nothing, for example). drake has always been determined to force their acceptance.

The part I found interesting is when they talked about 50 and Jimmy Iovine, I now want to know how has Drake been moving in regards to the powers that be