The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Funniest parts for me were Joe bringing up that "nikka still mad about that one ho, we ain't even fukk, I just liplocked with her" and everyone connecting it with the Ish incident and Ish being tight. Then Flip says, that sounds like a situation that happened here, and Ish was like "nah" then Joe goes "I know nikka, that's why I brought that line up - it wasn't by accident":laff: Ish's soul must have been burning - he gon be asking Joe for 5 minutes like Rory soon enough
:laff: :laff: :laff:he tired to spin it too thinking everyone was gon be on his side
"thats what you gatherd from that?"
everybody : YES * joe restarts not like us*
:mjlol:

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thing about that theory is why would the executives give a fukk about who is deemed cool or street, the goal has been and always will be making money and Drake makes them the most money far more than any of the current street rappers

Exactly. Plus he just said it was because Drake messes with everybody women. So why does their need to be a conspiracy? Only thing that happened to 50 was the writing was on the wall he was about to fall off,and he probably still walked around thinking the higherups didnt see it. But to act like people didnt have reason to not to like 50 is crazy. When 50 was doing alot of the same stuff hes accusing Drake of,like dissing legends.

Who do these execs have on the horizon they ready to move in in Drakes place? There was plenty when they went ahead and bushed 50:mjlol:

Only person that greenlit this beef was Drake. Kendrick wouldnt have jumped all the way out if he stuck to the usual subliminals they been doing imo. And he couldve easily ignored Ross. And laughed off everybody like ASAP and Weekend who took a part in that fukk Drake complilation by Metro Boomin. I think acting like somebody told Kendrick to go diss Drake and he said "yes massa" is insulting.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i feel like the industry has been biased against drake from pretty early on. some openly, like dmx. some quietly until they had a reason to speak up.

they hit on it in the pod: it's the idea that the kid who would never be considered cool or street or the dude women fukk with, found a way to sit at the cool table and acquire all of those things. not only that, but he's at the head of the table (in terms of mainstream success), so even if you say something about it, you end up looking like a hater.

but no matter how much success he had, or how many women he pulled, they never saw him as someone who deserved his spot. at his core, they'll always see him as a cornball. kanye had to battle a similar perception early in his career; imo, he dealt with it by steering away from the types who could hold that over his head and made his own lane, until they came over to him (beans jumping on cant tell me nothing, for example). drake has always been determined to force their acceptance.
Joe pretty much laid it out. He said Drake was going after other people's women and it wasn't just other rappers. Add throwing your weight around behind the scenes and you end up with what we have now.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Joe pretty much laid it out. He said Drake was going after other people's women and it wasn't just other rappers. Add throwing your weight around behind the scenes and you end up with what we have now.

Imagine ending your run because ya thirsty ass finally holla'd at the wrong chick :francis:

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Nah, Joe is hating petty ass nikka.

This whole "breakdown" was just an excuse to hate on Drake, because Drake don't fukk with him. And as simple as it sounds that's really what's at play here.

He did the same thing with Jay Electronica, just hating on him because HOV visibly admired Electronica as an artist. It was literally some, 'what the fukk is so special about that nikka? I'm nicer than him' .

Joe is not a good human.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This whole "breakdown" was just an excuse to hate on Drake, because Drake don't fukk with him. And as simple as it sounds that's really what's at play here.

He did the same thing with Jay Electronica, just hating on him because HOV visibly admired Electronica as an artist. It was literally some, 'what the fukk is so special about that nikka? I'm nicer than him' .

Joe is not a good human.
Joe is an awful person and hates Drake, thats true. Jay Elec deserved that. How you let Hov on your debut album and then let him out rap you on every song???

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps

Joe is not a good human.
Joe probably has good reason to secretly hate Drake though.
Drake kept fukking behind him, no diddy. And then he jumped out the window after the For All The Dogs review.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And like they were saying on the show, he threw shots at Serena's husband. For what? If any of us knew someone that stayed fukking behind people, was constantly going at other guy's girls and other shady shyt, we'd stay far away from them.

Dude fukked Wayne's girl when he was in jail, the was right after he started to blow. :unimpressed: If he treats the guy that put him on like that, how you think he treats other people now that he has a lot more money, fame, and power?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Females might be why the artists personally dislike Drake, but I'd imagine it's more than that.

Street rappers not respecting Drake, but then knowing at some point in their career they had to come for him for a hit record.

Then the ones that's been around a minute probably remember him as Wayne's artist from Toronto, fast forward he's a star.

One minute he begging to be on your shyt, then I gotta call somebody to call somebody to possibly get a feature Drake may or may not clear.

From a nikka I already didn't respect off jump?

I'd imagine that's where the business comes in. The artist take it personally, the labels look at a Drake feature as an investment so I'm sure they get pissed off too.

Label executives like "Drake has either turned down or hasn't cleared the last 3-4 artists we've tried to get him to work with".

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
Dude fukked Wayne's girl when he was in jail, the was right after he started to blow. :unimpressed: If he treats the guy that put him on like that, how you think he treats other people now that he has a lot more money, fame, and power?

Wayne has said it was his side chick, not his girl. But that he still felt a way about it :manny:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And like they were saying on the show, he threw shots at Serena's husband. For what? If any of us knew someone that stayed fukking behind people, was constantly going at other guy's girls and other shady shyt, we'd stay far away from them.

Drake is the jealous/possessive type. Can't get over Rihanna picking Rocky over him and can't get over Serena choosing Alexis Ohanian over him.