The Official "Marvel's The Punisher" Season 1 Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm on episode 7, so not gonna read through and catch spoilers, but I have three overall thoughts about the show.

1. This is the most accurate depiction of the Punisher character that I've ever seen, and kudos to Josh Bernthal for finally doing justice to a very dark character. The show is gritty, violent, and in-line with the tone of the comics.

2. With that being said, god damn is this a bleak show. This is either a pro or a con depending on your personal taste. I like dark stuff, but holy shyt there is NO levity or humor in this show. It's very heavy and I do like that it takes the subject matter seriously. I wouldn't mind that the show were so heavy-handed if...

3. This show weren't so long. 13 episodes? After 6 episodes I feel like they could've trimmed some fat and gotten us to this point in maybe 4-5 episodes. I'm enjoying watching it, but this is never a show I could binge. I'd be depressed for like 2 days. The tone of this show makes me really wish I only had like 4 more episodes to go.

I am unsure what I think about it, ultimately. Maybe a 7.5 out of 10? I want to like this show more than I do. I think it's the best Punisher ever, and at the same time I don't love it. Maybe The Punisher is just one of those things can't translate from the pages that well without being exactly like what this is. Because this feels very true to the comics.

If anyone wants to tag me to respond to any of this feel free. I'm not gonna open the thread without a tag just to avoid spoilers. Does the show stay this heavy? I'm assuming it does.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I'm on episode 7, so not gonna read through and catch spoilers, but I have three overall thoughts about the show.

1. This is the most accurate depiction of the Punisher character that I've ever seen, and kudos to Josh Bernthal for finally doing justice to a very dark character. The show is gritty, violent, and in-line with the tone of the comics.

2. With that being said, god damn is this a bleak show. This is either a pro or a con depending on your personal taste. I like dark stuff, but holy shyt there is NO levity or humor in this show. It's very heavy and I do like that it takes the subject matter seriously. I wouldn't mind that the show were so heavy-handed if...

3. This show weren't so long. 13 episodes? After 6 episodes I feel like they could've trimmed some fat and gotten us to this point in maybe 4-5 episodes. I'm enjoying watching it, but this is never a show I could binge. I'd be depressed for like 2 days. The tone of this show makes me really wish I only had like 4 more episodes to go.

I am unsure what I think about it, ultimately. Maybe a 7.5 out of 10? I want to like this show more than I do. I think it's the best Punisher ever, and at the same time I don't love it. Maybe The Punisher is just one of those things can't translate from the pages that well without being exactly like what this is. Because this feels very true to the comics.

If anyone wants to tag me to respond to any of this feel free. I'm not gonna open the thread without a tag just to avoid spoilers. Does the show stay this heavy? I'm assuming it does.
YOU my friend, need to smoke more marijuana!!
:ufdup:

nah i feel you tho. shyt is really upsetting.

gonna finish the last 3 episodes when i get home.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Someone explain how in episode 4 they got away with them guns.

Didn't they have snipers watching and a whole bunch of other shyt

The Snipers were suppose to be at a certain drop location. Once Frank drove the Truck to a different location they were no longer a factor. Then he took out the radios. Looped the video being sent by the car following them and had the agents jump in the river. It makes sense if they didn't have a ton of people on the ground since they didn't want to scare the Greeks.

In theory if everyone had, had each other's cell phone numbers they could of still caught Frank but they did not.

:yeshrug:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
In the finale, we finally see Madani's father

Dude has been hiding out at work for 12 whole damn episodes because he can't take his wife's voice :mjlol:

Look at that penthouse. That's wealth
He knows good and well he doesn't need to work all those hours to maintain that lifestyle :russ:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
In the finale, we finally see Madani's father

Dude has been hiding out at work for 12 whole damn episodes because he can't take his wife's voice :mjlol:

Look at that penthouse. That's wealth
He knows good and well he doesn't need to work all those hours to maintain that lifestyle :russ:
that Persian post revolution coming to america in 70s/80s MD money :blessed:.

And compared to LA persian girls Madani is :beli:

Funktackular

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Martinsburg WV but bred in SA
It really pissed me off that he loses the skull in the first episode and while Johnny B kills it Year One frank Castle doesn’t have many friends and he dwells by himself mostly. At first I liked the change to micros origin story but he’s better as the punishers guy in a chair as spider man puts it