The Official "Marvel's The Punisher" Season 1 Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Theres hundreds of articles saying its netflix biggest show of 2017, which is why defenders was basicly ironfist ft everybody else. Finn jones is the rdj of the NFCBU right now. As far as him throwing a punch,, ill have to disagree. As a practinioner of martial arts for a very long time im teling you his kung fu is A+
:dahell:
You have to be an IF stan to the highest degree to say some shyt like that.

No one has praised his performance other than you. Now IF did have the biggest premiere(don't know if that's still true after the Stranger Things 2 premiere) but it also had the biggest 2nd week dropoff.

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm on episode 7, so not gonna read through and catch spoilers, but I have three overall thoughts about the show.

1. This is the most accurate depiction of the Punisher character that I've ever seen, and kudos to Josh Bernthal for finally doing justice to a very dark character. The show is gritty, violent, and in-line with the tone of the comics.

2. With that being said, god damn is this a bleak show. This is either a pro or a con depending on your personal taste. I like dark stuff, but holy shyt there is NO levity or humor in this show. It's very heavy and I do like that it takes the subject matter seriously. I wouldn't mind that the show were so heavy-handed if...

3. This show weren't so long. 13 episodes? After 6 episodes I feel like they could've trimmed some fat and gotten us to this point in maybe 4-5 episodes. I'm enjoying watching it, but this is never a show I could binge. I'd be depressed for like 2 days. The tone of this show makes me really wish I only had like 4 more episodes to go.

I am unsure what I think about it, ultimately. Maybe a 7.5 out of 10? I want to like this show more than I do. I think it's the best Punisher ever, and at the same time I don't love it. Maybe The Punisher is just one of those things can't translate from the pages that well without being exactly like what this is. Because this feels very true to the comics.

If anyone wants to tag me to respond to any of this feel free. I'm not gonna open the thread without a tag just to avoid spoilers. Does the show stay this heavy? I'm assuming it does.

Pretty much, I couldn't binge either because of the way it was making me feel and the length, that being said I loved basically every episode. Definitely not the show if you're looking for "fun" though.

In the end
You get just about as happy of an ending a show like this can give you. I was really satisfied with it and I'm glad the writers chose not to leave us sour

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
:dahell:
You have to be an IF stan to the highest degree to say some shyt like that.

No one has praised his performance other than you. Now IF did have the biggest premiere(don't know if that's still true after the Stranger Things 2 premiere) but it also had the biggest 2nd week dropoff.

It was netflix most Binge watched show of 2017, of course there was a drop off bc people saw the entire season in a few days.