The Official Memphis, Tennessee Thread

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
What is he talking about? lol you got West Wood, Walker Holmes, White Haven(aka BLACK Haven Zone), Lake View Garden, Orange Mound, Hickory Hill and, New Chicago:pachaha: perhaps he mean it's the only hoods that don't have a middle class and just hood hood then I guess he's right then.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It's crazy that the main problem of Cordova is that it's where the majority of the things to do are located and draws all the nikkas that ain't got shyt to do.

For real tho how you find yourself wildly busting shots ... at a mall ... on a Wednesday ... the day after Xmas?

First of all ... duhhhhh it the entrance to the mall you on camera like a MF... you looked like yall jumped them nikkas ... then you left ya crew and you DROPPED the strap like it was a fukking hot potato ... ya homies tryna tell you let's go... you almost shot one of ya homies he had to pull a USC Reggie Bush like move to get out the way.... and yo nikkas bout to snitch cause you were the only one taking shyt to the next level.

Ain't noooooo body gonna take no felonies for some attempted murder type shyt for jumping somebody.

Cacs shoot up malls all the time. A clown black dude doing it is no different than a clown white dude doing it.

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
lot of mansions in that southhwind area. jerry west got a house out there
There's a few millionaires who live in that area, it's affluent, but declining. Souhthwind High got hood when I was in high school, when East Memphis nikkas started going there. Riverdale Rd is hood now. The area around Hacks Cross seems like it's getting kinda bad. Where cheap apartments/section 8 goes, hood nikkas and the element of crime go too

Those mcmansions out there are pretty cheaply made, so I don't imagine people living in them for a long time, especially if the neighborhood around them and the schools go bad

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's the problem with Memphis, you are never that far from the hood. To truly get away from the hood you have to go north to at least Lakeland or east past Collierville.

West Tennessee is West Tennessee. My folks are from Fayette and Hardeman Countyies and I can tell you right now that trouble is every where. Don't assume that Country areas that have been built up are any less violent than Memphis. There are just less people, but don't assume there is less violence and fukked up behavior.

Black Haven

Daps
And it's funny how cats are throwing dirt on people perceived to be "hood" destroying malls, when the South Land Mall which is located in White Haven hasn't had any drama like that in a while:sas2:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's amazing how so much shyt pops off in Memphis but right across the state line Olive Branch will go a whole year with single digit murders

First of all Memphis is a city, while Olive Branch is some shyt that people built up on the Mississippi side of the border so that they can look down on Memphis and brag about not living in Memphis. How da fukk somebody bragging about living in Mississippi, but talking shyt about Memphis? :gucci:

To be honest with you a lot of the shyt that goes down in Memphis is by nikkas that live in Mississippi. On top of that Mississippi has a city (Jackson) that is more fukked up than Memphis.

Black Haven

Daps
Don't nobody be there to start drama lol. That hoe be empty
Lmao true, go into the GameStop and no one in that junt lol but it also depends on the day, if it's after school day then expect it to be crowded as shyt with kids from Hill Crest High, White Haven High, and Fairley High.

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
What is he talking about? lol you got West Wood, Walker Holmes, White Haven(aka BLACK Haven Zone), Lake View Garden, Orange Mound, Hickory Hill and, New Chicago:pachaha: perhaps he mean it's the only hoods that don't have a middle class and just hood hood then I guess he's right then.
Frayser has middle class parts. But yeah, every block of Hollywood St. is hood af. Every block of Chelsea, 7th St, and Thomas St is hood hood too

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it sounds fukked up but Memphis is a special case. There is literally nothing in the hood areas for folks to do. The malls closed, the amusement park closed, the water park closed, the parks are dilapidated, it's horrible. But since Memphis is so small the hood can travel very easily. So you have the supposed nice areas getting shot up.

Memphis is huge geographically. It covers a lot of area.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i was just in memphis from the 22-25....me and my cousins went to that mall :francis:

Memphis is a shythole brehs. Most depressing looking downtown/infrastructure ive ever seen in a "big city."

(the women be thick as fukk tho)

Memphis doesn't have a traditional Downtown like most cities. It threw me off too, because being from Chicago I assumed that every city had a downtown area. People in Memphis consider that midtown area to be like most other cities downtown areas. It kind of makes sense, be it literally the middle of the city which is where most downtown areas are in other cities.

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
Lmao true, go into the GameStop and no one in that junt lol but it also depends on the day, if it's after school day then expect it to be crowded as shyt with kids from Hill Crest High, White Haven High, and Fairley High.
Yeah, I guess it's still a good hang out spot for high school kids. That's what Raleigh Mall was back in the day for Raleigh and Frayser, but we don't have anywhere to go except Wolfchase now, or drive all the way out to Germantown, Collierville, ect

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just for the record if you are in the city limits and them street lights are on... keep ya head on a fukking swivel

Midtown ain't sweet, the gay artsy area over on cooper young and all that ain't sweet, walnut grove area that look nice is a 5 min walk from East High it ain't sweet, Graceland in the middle of the hood, Hacks Cross used to be the borderline for the danger zone now it's all the way to Forrest Hill Irene.

You gotta go damn near to Piperton/Rossville to find peace and quiet.... and ratchery is coming there too once they realize there is civilization on 385 past the Collierville mall. Soon as a big apartment complex opens it's a wrap.

nikka my family is from Fayette County. Ratchery has always been out there. Where da Hell are you from not to know that all of the counties around Shelby County used to be majority Black counties? Some of y'all dudes mane.

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
Memphis doesn't have a traditional Downtown like most cities. It threw me off too, because being from Chicago I assumed that every city had a downtown area. People in Memphis consider that midtown area to be like most other cities downtown areas. It kind of makes sense, be it literally the middle of the city which is where most downtown areas are in other cities.
Our downtown is what we call Midtown, Downtown Memphis is the riverfront, so the city was built around that. We really have 2 downtown areas
nikka my family is from Fayette County. Ratchery has always been out there. Where da Hell are you from not to know that all of the counties around Shelby County used to be majority Black counties? Some of y'all dudes mane.
nikkas in Memphis don't be having too much of a reason to go outside of Shelby County. I know the history of those cities out there though

Black Haven

Daps
Yeah, I guess it's still a good hang out spot for high school kids. That's what Raleigh Mall was back in the day for Raleigh and Frayser, but we don't have anywhere to go except Wolfchase now, or drive all the way out to Germantown, Collierville, ect
It's sad really everything memphis youth around the city had for entertainment was taken away like Liberty Land, South Brooks Mall etc and all the clientele over those areas left the city or moved all the way out to those areas you mentioned in affluent white areas. That's what happened to the Mall of Memphis after it closed Mall of Memphis - Wikipedia

Last edited: