The Official Memphis, Tennessee Thread

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And it's funny how cats are throwing dirt on people perceived to be "hood" destroying malls, when the South Land Mall which is located in White Haven hasn't had any drama like that in a while:sas2:

Yeah I peeped that. Those are either Cacs or moafukkas who live in Mississippi, but think that it is better than living in Memphis. :russ:

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
It's sad really everything memphis youth around the city had for entertainment was taking away like Liberty Land, South Brooks Mall etc and all the clientile over those areas left the city or moved all the way out to those areas you mentioned in affluent white areas. That's what happened to the Mall of Memphis after it closed Mall of Memphis - Wikipedia
Having thing like malls in an area are signs of a neighborhood having an economy. Southland hasn't closed down because there's people in Whitehaven with money, they can support it. When the white money left east Memphis and Raleigh, they took the enconomy too

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
Yeah I peeped that. Those are either Cacs or moafukkas who live in Mississippi, but think that it is better than living in Memphis. :russ:
Lol ain't nobody in Cordova shooting up nothing, and if they are, they're wannabe ass nikka. Realistically, the nikkas who did that were more than likely nikkas from the hood in the inner city

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol ain't nobody in Cordova shooting up nothing, and if they are, they're wannabe ass nikka. Realistically, the nikkas who did that were more than likely nikkas from the hood in the inner city

You right, but then again even most nikkas from the Hood ain't doing no stupid shyt like that either. Only really ignant moafukkas do some shyt like that; no matter where they from. We do know that the nikkas that did the shooting were some mobile moafucakas though, because you have to drive to that mall. Hell I guess that you could take a bus, but your ass is going to be riding for a minute.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Off subject for a bit but @Akan I didn't know you were from the Chi. That's interesting because, I meet alot folks from the Midwest who moved down here from Chicago, Detroit, and Indiana. Hell half my family on my mom's side is from Chicago and Indiana lol that Midwest and Southern connection:blessed:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Memphis doesn't have a traditional Downtown like most cities. It threw me off too, because being from Chicago I assumed that every city had a downtown area. People in Memphis consider that midtown area to be like most other cities downtown areas. It kind of makes sense, be it literally the middle of the city which is where most downtown areas are in other cities.

This.

I had to get used to it as well but it's a better setup IMO. Not everything is congested in one area like most cities.

I love the freedom of driving anywhere without crazy traffic or overcrowded places.

I've been back home in Dallas for 3 weeks and this city would drive you crazy how congested overcrowded it is. :mindblown:

Why does people love living in overpopulated areas. Damn transplants and immigrants everywhere. :why:

I can't wait to get back to Memphis after New Year's Day. :why:

Last edited:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Off subject for a bit but @Akan I didn't know you were from the Chi. That's interesting because, I meet alot folks from the Midwest who moved down here from Chicago, Detroit, and Indiana. Hell half my family on my mom's side is from Chicago and Indiana lol that Midwest and Southern connection:blessed:

Yeah, I have a homeboy that is from Chicago.

I wonder why so many Chicago people move down here to Memphis.

I run across many St. Louis people as well.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You actually got that backwards. A lot of Black folks from the Midwest (Detroit and Chicago, etc.) are actually originally from Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi. They were part of the great migration to the North. I grew up in Chicago, but my folks always brought us back South during the Summers.

A lot of the trouble that occurs in Memphis and Mississippi is actually from dudes whose parents sent them back South after they fukked up in Chicago.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I have a homeboy that is from Chicago.

I wonder why so many Chicago people move down here to Memphis.

I run across many St. Louis people as well.

Chicago and Detroit was part of the great migration route for people from Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
New York City was part of the great migration route for people from North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
You actually got that backwards. A lot of Black folks from the Midwest (Detroit and Chicago, etc.) are actually originally from Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi. They were part of the great migration to the North. I grew up in Chicago, but my folks always brought us back South during the Summers.

A lot of the trouble that occurs in Memphis and Mississippi is actually from dudes whose parents sent them back South after they fukked up in Chicago.
yeah I forgot about the great migration and crazy thing about that it's the reason I have family in the South, Midwest, and West Coast dating back generations(I don't know of none on the east tho). Also you're right about folks from the Midwest sending their kids to memphis when they get into some shyt. I went to school with this GD kid who did some :demonic: shyt in Chicago, so his folks decided to send his azz down here :mindblown:

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
First of all Memphis is a city, while Olive Branch is some shyt that people built up on the Mississippi side of the border so that they can look down on Memphis and brag about not living in Memphis. How da fukk somebody bragging about living in Mississippi, but talking shyt about Memphis? :gucci:

To be honest with you a lot of the shyt that goes down in Memphis is by nikkas that live in Mississippi. On top of that Mississippi has a city (Jackson) that is more fukked up than Memphis.

:hhh:

nikka who bragging about living in MS? I just said it's amazing that its so close but never have drama...

Cacs shoot up malls all the time. A clown black dude doing it is no different than a clown white dude doing it.

nikka what are you smoking who even brought up Cacs? ANYBODY shooting up a mall full of kids and folks tryna return gifts is a fukking LOSER. Knuckle up and move on with ya life.

And ain't nobody worried bout no nikkas in Rossville, Somerville, piperton etc them nikkas basically living in the Color Purple movie in them 1 bathroom ass built in the 1930s ass shacks. nikkas out there tussling with possums and amrmadillos and shyt. Ol I'm headed in to town do you need something ass nikkas.

You been on my dikk heavy today

:what:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:hhh:

nikka who bragging about living in MS? I just said it's amazing that its so close but never have drama...

nikka what are you smoking who even brought up Cacs? ANYBODY shooting up a mall full of kids and folks tryna return gifts is a fukking LOSER. Knuckle up and move on with ya life.

And ain't nobody worried bout no nikkas in Rossville, Somerville, piperton etc them nikkas basically living in the Color Purple movie in them 1 bathroom ass built in the 1930s ass shacks. nikkas out there tussling with possums and amrmadillos and shyt. Ol I'm headed in to town do you need something ass nikkas.

You been on my dikk heavy today

:what:

Yeah you don't know what the fukk you talking about. I have relatives that live in Oakland, Somerville and Rossville and they don't live in no damn shacks. Stupid a$$hole writing dumb shyt and never even visit the fukking places he is talking about.

Stay your dumb ass in Mississippi and keep plowing your fields. I hope you can afford that new mule next year.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This smilie makes me laugh everytime. Who is that?

idk Fantasia I think. It kinda looks like the lady in my avi
Fanta--.....:gucci:
Its Teyonah Parris :beli:

teyonah_parris_large.jpg

MV5BMjIzNzc4MTg3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDE4ODM0NTE@._V1_UY317_CR51,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
teyonah-parris21.jpg

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
Cordova is quite safe and unintimidating, outside of isolated incidents from nikkas who don't live out there. nikkas who stay out there aren't shooting up Wolfchase, that's nikkas from the hood
You right!
These bad ass kids from the hood getting dropped off at the mall. This ain't the first Wolfchase incident. They had some stuff go down the same time last year. :mindblown: