The Official Memphis, Tennessee Thread

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You right!
These bad ass kids from the hood getting dropped off at the mall. This ain't the first Wolfchase incident. They had some stuff go down the same time last year. :mindblown:

What's crazy is that me and my wife were there and left 20 minutes before the incident both times. She really wants to move back to Memphis but when this dumb shyt pops off so close to us so often she loses that urge. I had already stopped going to Oak Court because they stay robbing people in that parking deck, seems like we will have to stick with Carriage Crossing when we come back to the city.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Chicago and Detroit was part of the great migration route for people from Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi.
New York City was part of the great migration route for people from North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

That’s pretty much it, but you can break it down a little more actually. Chicago was more Western Tenn/Memphis/Miss and Detroit and Ohio was more Alabama and North/Central Georgia. Same way coastal Georgia like Savannah was more Philly/NYC. You can even see the influence today, SAV way smaller than ATL but ATL dudes actually sound way more country. Back then Black folks just hopped on the nearest train, and usually trains went directly north. You can look at a map and draw a line north to get a feel for what cities brehs ended up in back then. Like Atlanta isn’t on the coast, if you drew a line directly north it’s cities like Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit. I’m from the A but my people from Chicago and both sides got heavy Tennessee roots. Grandmother on pops side was born in Orange Mound and grandfather on moms side was born in Paris Tenn, that side in particular keeps in heavy contact with Tenn, we go to that fish fry over there damn near every year.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Yeah you don't know what the fukk you talking about. I have relatives that live in Oakland, Somerville and Rossville and they don't live in no damn shacks. Stupid a$$hole writing dumb shyt and never even visit the fukking places he is talking about.

Stay your dumb ass in Mississippi and keep plowing your fields. I hope you can afford that new mule next year.

Lol nikka I don't live in no fukking MS. I grew up half the week staying off Graceland and Timothy in the haven and the other half on Florida and Parkway next to the big ass elementary school hey tore down

Ima Memphis city schools raised (not Shelby county schools) mtown repper and I came to turn it out Memphis ten in this hoe muthafukka shut ya mouth

You sapsucka ass Chicago by way of bumblefukk Fayette county ass regurgitating bullshyt yo country ass family tell you about black crop ownership ass but but but OAKLAND is ratchet too ass claim to know Memphis prolly never even went to liberty land ass test tube millennial crack baby transplant ass

:stopitslime:

Boy if you take yo ass on somewhere

:mjlol:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol nikka I don't live in no fukking MS. I grew up half the week staying off Graceland and Timothy in the haven and the other half on Florida and Parkway next to the big ass elementary school hey tore down

Ima Memphis city schools raised (not Shelby county schools) mtown repper and I came to turn it out Memphis ten in this hoe muthafukka shut ya mouth

You sapsucka ass Chicago by way of bumblefukk Fayette county ass regurgitating bullshyt yo country ass family tell you about black crop ownership ass but but but OAKLAND is ratchet too ass claim to know Memphis prolly never even went to liberty land ass test tube millennial crack baby transplant ass

:stopitslime:

Boy if you take yo ass on somewhere

:mjlol:

giphy.gif

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I was :whoo: when I heard Memphis is 60-70% black, considering moving there.

We have to stop cacs and their media making us scared to live around our own. We can take over some of these cities, but we need that plug to resources.
lol when you got folks in here saying that south and north Memphis be on that :demonic: shyt

i think i'll pass, I like having peach of mind

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
What's crazy is that me and my wife were there and left 20 minutes before the incident both times. She really wants to move back to Memphis but when this dumb shyt pops off so close to us so often she loses that urge. I had already stopped going to Oak Court because they stay robbing people in that parking deck, seems like we will have to stick with Carriage Crossing when we come back to the city.
That is the better mall or Tangier Outlets in Southaven. It's just not worth risking your families lives for this bullshyt. These mfs shot inside of the Cheesecake Factory. I just can't! :hhh:

Good thing is nobody was seriously injured but these young dudes got the city too hot.:scust:

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
playing catch up fr rn but uh

i live off hacks and winchester and there ain't shyt out here that interests me (i'm in my mid 30s)

it's either netflix and chill at my pad or drive all the way to midtown / downtown (30+ minutes) to do shyt

out of towners, don't be scared, as long as you're not flashy, disrespectful or going to spots locals steer clear of you'll be fine. i used to post up on beale dolo in the summertime when i was in my 20s and nothing ever happened to me (and i'm a scrawny square dude)

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis

It's crazy that the main problem of Cordova is that it's where the majority of the things to do are located and draws all the nikkas that ain't got shyt to do.

For real tho how you find yourself wildly busting shots ... at a mall ... on a Wednesday ... the day after Xmas?

First of all ... duhhhhh it the entrance to the mall you on camera like a MF... you looked like yall jumped them nikkas ... then you left ya crew and you DROPPED the strap like it was a fukking hot potato ... ya homies tryna tell you let's go... you almost shot one of ya homies he had to pull a USC Reggie Bush like move to get out the way.... and yo nikkas bout to snitch cause you were the only one taking shyt to the next level.

Ain't noooooo body gonna take no felonies for some attempted murder type shyt for jumping somebody.

Dumb shyt. That look like it's the entrance in front of Finish Line. I've been in a similar situation before, fighting and sticks getting pulled, back in like 03 at an apartment complex in hickory hill. :francis:

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Yep, that's the problem. You need something to keep the hood folks near the hood as much as possible. They building a Dave and Busters in that plaza with the old Sports Authority in Cordova so maybe that will split the hood people from fukking up Main Event but still that brings them to Cordova.

They're trying that Dave and busters shyt again? :dahell:

I remember going to the one at Peabody Place during my teens. shyt didn't last long. Lol