Essential The Official MMA Thread

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:Because they are trying to prevent the mess that happened at FW. If Connor fancies taking a year off the division can move on. Khabib becomes the interim and defends it if he wants or waits for Connor. Either way that title makes him number contender regardless of if an aldo makes the jump or a fighter on a streak has an exciting win against someone in the top 5.

It's not that hard to figure out :snoop:

The FW mess should not happen again, strip Connor if he wants to hold up divisions, I just don't see the point in interim belts when they are bullshyt.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The FW mess should not happen again, strip Connor if he wants to hold up divisions, I just don't see the point in interim belts when they are bullshyt.

Ehh... it's another title fight that you can sell and Khabib/Ferguson should be a 5 rounder anyway.

I have no issue with McGregor taking some time to recharge, he's fought 6 times the past two years, he's been very active. If he takes 2017 off it's not a huge deal

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Kosher and JimmyV talk about the NFL divisional round and the match ups. JimmyV also gives his superbowl predictions early. While Kosher talks about who he believes who is the dark horse so far in the playoffs. Also they talk about the new LA Chargers move.

Btw if anyone wants to help write on the site or come on the podcast hit me up. www.fteswl.com :salute:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ehh... it's another title fight that you can sell and Khabib/Ferguson should be a 5 rounder anyway.

I have no issue with McGregor taking some time to recharge, he's fought 6 times the past two years, he's been very active. If he takes 2017 off it's not a huge deal

I agree with all of this except I don't really think calling it a title fight will sell much more if at all. The fact that it makes it a 5 rounder is why i won't complain though and Conor has definitely earned a break with so many fights and always accepting short notice opponent switch-ups. I think if they marketed this fight as "Conor's two biggest threats fight to get a shot at him" it'd sell as much or more than an interim belt sell to the casual fans but it's pure theory.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As sloppy as Brunson is Silva can knock him out :yeshrug: I'd imagine Brunson is gonna try to wrestle him