Essential The Official MMA Thread

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spider is byke for 208 though :blessed:

Yea!!! Funny thing is my boy that I was going to go with - Silva is his favorite fighter.

So now it's bittersweet, happy I unloaded the tickets but would have been cool to watch dude fight

I had a feeling Silva might be added but couldn't take the chance. 208 was a struggle card and a half without him

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That silva fight is random as hell

Nah, not that random when u think about it. They had to pull out something to save 208. It was literally the worst PPV card I've ever seen. Brooklyn don't play that

I was literally half expecting them to throw Silva on the card and they did just that

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah, not that random when u think about it. They had to pull out something to save 208. It was literally the worst PPV card I've ever seen. Brooklyn don't play that

I was literally half expecting them to throw Silva on the card and they did just that
They trying to save the card lol

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Chad Mendes started a Youtube channel during his suspension. I spent a decent amount of time going through his videos this morning, it's cool if you're into hunting/outdoor life. He also has some training stuff on there.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This invicta feed has just completely blacked out, how is it they are having the same feed problems they had before fightpass :dwillhuh: great way to showcase the service on a free weekend :coffee:

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random thoughts:

I'm really fukked up over A. Silva being added to this Barclay's card...

I was gonna save my 60 and spend it all on the card in March b/c I'm not tryna miss WonderBoy/T. Wood and Cucuy/Khabib but now 208 has Holly/GDR AAAAAAAAND Brunson fighting my all-time fave. :francis: I'll be glad when WME finally starts enacting their "less PPVs/more FOX cards" plan b/c this sh!t is brutal to me :mjcry:.

I fully believe the "25 million" proposal is just Dana's way of saying "fukk that fight" but it's still a spit in the face of basically every fighter on the roster b/c he wouldn't even say that number if they didn't have it. You won't pay your fighters decent money but you'll throw away money to a guy who will dictate everything to you...more than likely clown your biggest moneymaker...then said biggest moneymaker probably retires afterwords b/c he's hit the jackpot and he won't be able to top the Mayweather event ever in his career.

I'm sick of Florian and co. claiming Bisping was the fighter of the year but won't give love to Cerrone and even Garbrandt. Dude arguably lost 2 of the 3 fights and I'd bet most of us wouldn't predict Mike to win a rubber match against Luke.

And there's been too many great 5 round title fights....maybe it sounds a bit barbaric of me, but I want 7 round title fights, brehs....who's with me :lupe: ?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Random thoughts:

I'm really fukked up over A. Silva being added to this Barclay's card...

I was gonna save my 60 and spend it all on the card in March b/c I'm not tryna miss WonderBoy/T. Wood and Cucuy/Khabib but now 208 has Holly/GDR AAAAAAAAND Brunson fighting my all-time fave. :francis: I'll be glad when WME finally starts enacting their "less PPVs/more FOX cards" plan b/c this sh!t is brutal to me :mjcry:.

I fully believe the "25 million" proposal is just Dana's way of saying "fukk that fight" but it's still a spit in the face of basically every fighter on the roster b/c he wouldn't even say that number if they didn't have it. You won't pay your fighters decent money but you'll throw away money to a guy who will dictate everything to you...more than likely clown your biggest moneymaker...then said biggest moneymaker probably retires afterwords b/c he's hit the jackpot and he won't be able to top the Mayweather event ever in his career.

I'm sick of Florian and co. claiming Bisping was the fighter of the year but won't give love to Cerrone and even Garbrandt. Dude arguably lost 2 of the 3 fights and I'd bet most of us wouldn't predict Mike to win a rubber match against Luke.

And there's been too many great 5 round title fights....maybe it sounds a bit barbaric of me, but I want 7 round title fights, brehs....who's with me :lupe: ?

If you put aside the debatable part and just look at the results, I think I'd edge it to Bisping. He beat one of, if not the, GOATs; got the title shot he's been chasing his entire career (I think he's lost three contender eliminators off the top of my head); became champion; and in the process of winning and defending the title, he beat two rivals and avenged his two worst losses. Plus the Anderson fight and Hendo fight were some of the most entertaining fights of the year imo. Obviously, that leaves out a lot of context but purely from a storyline standpoint, the dude couldn't have asked for a better year short of KO'ing everyone.

Personally, I'd probably put Stipe in the second spot based on beating some HW greats, winning the belt and KO'ing everyone in his path. Cody's got a great argument for number one or two also though. Cerrone I drop a notch because he didn't win a belt and that's the one that gives you a bit of historical relevance.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So Yair vs BJ went about as expected, I was relieved it didn't last longer. BJ just so much slower and Yair was much bigger too. I'd LOVE to get a Rodriguez vs Rivera fight happening. J-Lo vs Held was fun to watch with all the grappling but after that, most of the fights weren't all that great imo. The Heavyweights had some interesting matches. The Ezekial choke was pretty slick, Harris' combination for the KO was filthy and Christenson had a decent showing himself.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
dope response from khabib

1Fivyvg.png