Essential The Official MMA Thread

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Apparently Colby lost because the ref was bias toward Usman, he didn't actually get knocked down but slipped, and just read his take on the 5th round

“Let’s talk about the fifth round,” Covington said. “I’m beating his ass again. I’ve won the whole entire fight. The fight is mine. They’re about to wrap the welterweight championship around my waist. Then all of a sudden, I slip on a banana peel and I’m getting hit in the back of the head. Marc Goddard is seeing this right in front of his face. I’m getting hit in the back in the head."

I think Usman broke that man's brain :mjlol:

Colby Covington: UFC 245 loss due to fake fouls, referee missteps and slipping 'on a banana peel'

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Apparently Colby lost because the ref was bias toward Usman, he didn't actually get knocked down but slipped, and just read his take on the 5th round

“Let’s talk about the fifth round,” Covington said. “I’m beating his ass again. I’ve won the whole entire fight. The fight is mine. They’re about to wrap the welterweight championship around my waist. Then all of a sudden, I slip on a banana peel and I’m getting hit in the back of the head. Marc Goddard is seeing this right in front of his face. I’m getting hit in the back in the head."

Colby Covington: UFC 245 loss due to fake fouls, referee missteps and slipping 'on a banana peel'
I was watching Ariel Helwani earlier and had to fast forward past Colby's bullshyt :mjlol:

One of the most dangerous things a fighter can do is not be real with himself following a loss, so he's only hurting himself.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Oh, don't forget him saying he lost because the audio of him saying he thought his jaw was broken got over to Usman's corner because the UFC broadcast it.

This fukker literally said "It's not fair, man". Typical behavior for an idiot of his nature :mjlol:

Also, despite him saying he thought his jaw was broken during the fight, and the UFC themselves confirming, he didn't break his jaw. Sure.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Angela Hill is stepping in to fight Loma Lookboonme and I'm HYPE for that ish fam! Loma is no joke, part of the Thailand crew that I think are gonna start making more noise as they come up. Hill is my girl though, fun style and great stand up. They're gonna have a scrap fam, Loma's no joke on the feet but I'd have liked to see her get a slow come up to work on her grappling and ground game.