Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
My thing is though why give up a draft pick to get Lynch when Peterson is a FA
2 years younger and probably cheaper if he just wants to chase one final ring in his hometown. We complain about Reggie being a low baller, I dont think he would give up more than a conditional 6th or 7th round pick.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
2 years younger and probably cheaper if he just wants to chase one final ring in his hometown. We complain about Reggie being a low baller, I dont think he would give up more than a conditional 6th or 7th round pick.

But didn't he retire over his back? No one would be opposed to a Marshawn signing off the strength that he was always a Raider deep down inside but retiring over a back is just as worrisome as a knee injury after playing behind the worst O-Line in football.

smh, just get both of them nikka Reggie fukk it. Turn our run game into some real powerful shyt. It could be the Marcus/Bo combo that works out. :russ:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
But didn't he retire over his back? No one would be opposed to a Marshawn signing off the strength that he was always a Raider deep down inside but retiring over a back is just as worrisome as a knee injury after playing behind the worst O-Line in football.

smh, just get both of them nikka Reggie fukk it. Turn our run game into some real powerful shyt. It could be the Marcus/Bo combo that works out. :russ:

think lynch still got it though. And he's a better catcher i think.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
think lynch still got it though. And he's a better catcher i think.

Definitely a better catcher but I think that had more to do with him being passed to a lot more. AP can catch but that wasn't his role. But yeah, we give up less to sign AP as oppose to having to trade for Marshawn's rights from Seattle. As much shyt as we need on the defense I'm not trying to give up any draft picks of any kind. Wouldn't be mad if we got Marshawn but again it's a slightly steeper price for him.

Edit: I know it's overkill brehs, but we should get both if we can. If AP is to be had for cheap, and Marshawn won't cost much, why not turn our run game into a huge strength on offense with those two? You use a split back set with those two and those safeties are coming down to the LOS which will free up our receivers after all that extra attention they got last season. I know Reggie ain't gon do it, but one thing that would help our defense a lot is a strong run game and if both Lynch and AP are affordable we should take the chance and scoop em up and get the last few quality FAs on the defensive side.

Tbh I wouldn't do it if we have to give up picks. Seattle would have to release him.

Yeah, that's my one hang up. We have so many needs that we can't spare draft picks. I'll say this though, if Reggie planned on drafting a RB then I guess he can use that pick to get Lynch but that'd still sting since that pick could be used for help on defense.

Last edited:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
I think he's planning to address most of our defensive issues through the draft.

We won't get better defensively with multiple rookies starting. It's a rare thing that a rookie comes in and makes a dramatic impact their first year. With the pieces we have we should be aiming towards winning now, not 2-3 years down the road.​

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
We won't get better defensively with multiple rookies starting. It's a rare thing that a rookie comes in and makes a dramatic impact their first year. With the pieces we have we should be aiming towards winning now, not 2-3 years down the road.​

I just don't understand it. It's like Reggie is overthinking this shyt. The Marshawn rumblings is nice, but I'd be trying to get him and AP together if I'm taking a risk on either one of them because of the payoff far outweighs the risks imo. On defense why haven't we gone after Chris Long yet? He can play LB and DE just like Mack and would provide insurance against the potential loss of Aldon and it's a signing that would go over big with fans which always equals out to dollars.

Does anyone know Zack Brown's asking price? If it's not too steep we should be going after him but this excuse of re-signing Mack/Carr/Coop is bullshyt because we should've taken care of that by now. Even still, there are impact guys that would fill major needs that can be had for reasonable rates. It's bullshyt that he's sat on his hands this long when we could get ourselves to the promised land with one strong offseason.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
I just don't understand it. It's like Reggie is overthinking this shyt. The Marshawn rumblings is nice, but I'd be trying to get him and AP together if I'm taking a risk on either one of them because of the payoff far outweighs the risks imo. On defense why haven't we gone after Chris Long yet? He can play LB and DE just like Mack and would provide insurance against the potential loss of Aldon and it's a signing that would go over big with fans which always equals out to dollars.

Does anyone know Zack Brown's asking price? If it's not too steep we should be going after him but this excuse of re-signing Mack/Carr/Coop is bullshyt because we should've taken care of that by now. Even still, there are impact guys that would fill major needs that can be had for reasonable rates. It's bullshyt that he's sat on his hands this long when we could get ourselves to the promised land with one strong offseason.

2 back set the whole game:wow:

This defense was so :scust:last season​