The Official Toronto Discussion Thread

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
summarize this for me, ive seen this article in like 10 places and i still dont get whats going on.

oh, also @bmooregorrilaxxx_23
The Dirie brothers are killers all three of em.

Mohamed was the one killed in that double shooting, the second brother was convicted of killing the AbdulKhadir dude, the third one is currently on trial for shooting someone 30x.

Also all these nikkas grew up in the same hood and been crossing each other.

I can't keep up with all the killing :smh:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
The Dirie brothers are killers all three of em.

Mohamed was the one killed in that double shooting, the second brother was convicted of killing the AbdulKhadir dude, the third one is currently on trial for shooting someone 30x.

Also all these nikkas grew up in the same hood and been crossing each other.

I can't keep up with all the killing :smh:

oh i see, like those waste tamil yutes from regent. another whole family themed tragedy :smh:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‘Allah naharisto’: How two downtown murders ended a six-year feud in northwest Toronto
By Betsy PowellCourts Reporter
Sun., March 17, 2019
diries_abdulkhadir.jpg

A series of Toronto police handout photos show Mohamed Dirie, left, who was shot dead June 28, 2015, and his brother Mohamud, centre, who 50 days later killed Kabil Abdulkhadir, right, outside a Bay St. hotel. (TORONTO POLICE SERVICE)

“Allah naharisto.”

Kabil Abdulkhadir wanted bygones to be bygones when he told Mohamud Dirie the Somali phrase, meaning “may your brother rest in peace,” at a downtown Toronto nightclub in August 2015.

Dirie’s older brother, Mohamed Dirie, known as “Beetlejuice,” had been shot dead in a short-term rental near Liberty Village less than two months earlier.

But the younger Dirie, known as “Monopoly,” wasn’t interested in making peace with Abdulkhadir.

Instead, he shrugged his shoulder dismissively.

Within hours, Abdulkhadir, 27, was lying dead outside the Marriott Hotel on Bay St., killed by five bullets fired from Dirie’s pistol.

Abdulkhadir had lived in fear of the brothers over the course of a six-year beef.

That ended with his death.

Last summer, a jury convicted Mohamud Dirie of first-degree murder in Abdulkhadir’s death.

• This past week, a different jury in the same Toronto courthouse acquitted another man in the murders of Mohamed Dirie and Abdiweli Abdullahi, who was shot to death while he slept.

A younger Dirie brother, Ahmed, is one of four co-accused facing multiple charges for allegedly shooting an innocent man more than 30 times last summer in a housing complex parking lot near Jane St. and Finch Ave.

The brothers first came to public attention in 2013, when Ahmed and Mohamed Dirie were rounded up as part of Project Traveller, the Toronto police investigation into the Dixon City Bloods. That wiretap project infamously exposed the street gang’s ties to former mayor Rob Ford, including members’ attempts to peddle a video of him smoking crack cocaine.

At the time, northwest Toronto was plagued by violence, prompting Toronto police to form a Somali Liaison Unit in an effort to rebuild trust with the community. (It has since disbanded)

Amid the violence, Abdulkhadir’s fear only intensified after elders in the Somali community said he had killed Mohamed Dirie, according to evidence summarized in a pre-trial ruling by Superior Court Justice Michael Dambrot.

Despite neighbourhood gossip, there has been no suggestion Abdulkhadir had any role in that murder, nor that Mohamud Dirie killed him as revenge, say those familiar with both investigations.

“From my perspective, Kabil was not involved at all,” Toronto police acting Insp. Joyce Schertzer, who worked on both cases as a homicide detective, told the Star.

There was no relationship between the killings, she said, except the “chance meeting at the nightclub when (Abdulkhadir) went up to offer his condolences to Monopoly and he said ‘let’s squash the beef now, you lost a brother.’”

Abdulkhadir had hung out and played basketball with the Diries growing up in the Dixon Rd. and Islington Ave. area.

Their relationship changed drastically after an incident in 2009, according to statements made by Abdulkhadir’s family members, some of which were ruled inadmissible by the judge at last year’s trial.

The relatives, either in police statements or in court, said that the relationship soured after the two older Dirie brothers broke into Abdulkhadir’s car and stole $500. They beat him and Abdulkhadir was forced into hiding with a relative, according to summaries included in the judge’s pretrial rulings in the murder case.

“Mr. Abdulkhadir believed that his life was in danger,” the summaries said. “He was unable to visit (the relative) or his siblings due to being threatened or being under threat by Mr. Dirie and his friends,” the judge wrote.

In January 2010, the older Dirie brothers again assaulted Abdulkhadir, this time in jail, calling him a snitch and blaming him for their incarceration.

Abdulkhadir had been in custody after being caught with a firearm. His mother said he told her he had armed himself because he feared the Diries.

Several of Dambrot’s rulings include statements and details Abdulkhadir’s family members provided to police about being intimidated and beaten by the brothers. Some relatives said they were approached to deliver threatening messages to Abdulkhadir.

The threats had Abdulkhadir “running for his life,” one of the rulings said.

On more than one occasion, Abdulkhadir told relatives that if he were to die, “I would be killed by Monopoly.”

Abdulkhadir was sent out of the country and continued to keep a low profile after he returned in 2014 — but his prediction came true early on Aug. 9, 2015, when Mohamud Dirie followed him from the nightclub and ambushed him outside the Bay St. hotel, just behind the Eaton Centre.

Prosecutors Joanne Capozzi and Tim DiMuzio told the jury the evidence, including extensive video surveillance footage, demonstrated the killing was a planned and deliberate execution.

Dirie, 28, is appealing his conviction and life sentence for first-degree murder.

A jury last week acquitted Kamal Hassan, 26, in the murders of Mohamed Dirie and Abdullahi. Hassan blamed another man, Kwasi Skene-Peters, who was killed by police trying to arrest him in 2015.

Ahmed Dirie, known as “Santana,” returns to court for his alleged role in the Jane and Finch shooting next week.

:damn: :damn: :damn::gucci::dwillhuh:

@thatrapsfan @Broke Wave @Max B

this is too fukking much :snoop:

:francis: :francis:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
‘Allah naharisto’: How two downtown murders ended a six-year feud in northwest Toronto
By Betsy PowellCourts Reporter
Sun., March 17, 2019
diries_abdulkhadir.jpg

A series of Toronto police handout photos show Mohamed Dirie, left, who was shot dead June 28, 2015, and his brother Mohamud, centre, who 50 days later killed Kabil Abdulkhadir, right, outside a Bay St. hotel. (TORONTO POLICE SERVICE)

“Allah naharisto.”

Kabil Abdulkhadir wanted bygones to be bygones when he told Mohamud Dirie the Somali phrase, meaning “may your brother rest in peace,” at a downtown Toronto nightclub in August 2015.

Dirie’s older brother, Mohamed Dirie, known as “Beetlejuice,” had been shot dead in a short-term rental near Liberty Village less than two months earlier.

But the younger Dirie, known as “Monopoly,” wasn’t interested in making peace with Abdulkhadir.

Instead, he shrugged his shoulder dismissively.

Within hours, Abdulkhadir, 27, was lying dead outside the Marriott Hotel on Bay St., killed by five bullets fired from Dirie’s pistol.

Abdulkhadir had lived in fear of the brothers over the course of a six-year beef.

That ended with his death.

Last summer, a jury convicted Mohamud Dirie of first-degree murder in Abdulkhadir’s death.

• This past week, a different jury in the same Toronto courthouse acquitted another man in the murders of Mohamed Dirie and Abdiweli Abdullahi, who was shot to death while he slept.

A younger Dirie brother, Ahmed, is one of four co-accused facing multiple charges for allegedly shooting an innocent man more than 30 times last summer in a housing complex parking lot near Jane St. and Finch Ave.

The brothers first came to public attention in 2013, when Ahmed and Mohamed Dirie were rounded up as part of Project Traveller, the Toronto police investigation into the Dixon City Bloods. That wiretap project infamously exposed the street gang’s ties to former mayor Rob Ford, including members’ attempts to peddle a video of him smoking crack cocaine.

At the time, northwest Toronto was plagued by violence, prompting Toronto police to form a Somali Liaison Unit in an effort to rebuild trust with the community. (It has since disbanded)

Amid the violence, Abdulkhadir’s fear only intensified after elders in the Somali community said he had killed Mohamed Dirie, according to evidence summarized in a pre-trial ruling by Superior Court Justice Michael Dambrot.

Despite neighbourhood gossip, there has been no suggestion Abdulkhadir had any role in that murder, nor that Mohamud Dirie killed him as revenge, say those familiar with both investigations.

“From my perspective, Kabil was not involved at all,” Toronto police acting Insp. Joyce Schertzer, who worked on both cases as a homicide detective, told the Star.

There was no relationship between the killings, she said, except the “chance meeting at the nightclub when (Abdulkhadir) went up to offer his condolences to Monopoly and he said ‘let’s squash the beef now, you lost a brother.’”

Abdulkhadir had hung out and played basketball with the Diries growing up in the Dixon Rd. and Islington Ave. area.

Their relationship changed drastically after an incident in 2009, according to statements made by Abdulkhadir’s family members, some of which were ruled inadmissible by the judge at last year’s trial.

The relatives, either in police statements or in court, said that the relationship soured after the two older Dirie brothers broke into Abdulkhadir’s car and stole $500. They beat him and Abdulkhadir was forced into hiding with a relative, according to summaries included in the judge’s pretrial rulings in the murder case.

“Mr. Abdulkhadir believed that his life was in danger,” the summaries said. “He was unable to visit (the relative) or his siblings due to being threatened or being under threat by Mr. Dirie and his friends,” the judge wrote.

In January 2010, the older Dirie brothers again assaulted Abdulkhadir, this time in jail, calling him a snitch and blaming him for their incarceration.

Abdulkhadir had been in custody after being caught with a firearm. His mother said he told her he had armed himself because he feared the Diries.

Several of Dambrot’s rulings include statements and details Abdulkhadir’s family members provided to police about being intimidated and beaten by the brothers. Some relatives said they were approached to deliver threatening messages to Abdulkhadir.

The threats had Abdulkhadir “running for his life,” one of the rulings said.

On more than one occasion, Abdulkhadir told relatives that if he were to die, “I would be killed by Monopoly.”

Abdulkhadir was sent out of the country and continued to keep a low profile after he returned in 2014 — but his prediction came true early on Aug. 9, 2015, when Mohamud Dirie followed him from the nightclub and ambushed him outside the Bay St. hotel, just behind the Eaton Centre.

Prosecutors Joanne Capozzi and Tim DiMuzio told the jury the evidence, including extensive video surveillance footage, demonstrated the killing was a planned and deliberate execution.

Dirie, 28, is appealing his conviction and life sentence for first-degree murder.

A jury last week acquitted Kamal Hassan, 26, in the murders of Mohamed Dirie and Abdullahi. Hassan blamed another man, Kwasi Skene-Peters, who was killed by police trying to arrest him in 2015.

Ahmed Dirie, known as “Santana,” returns to court for his alleged role in the Jane and Finch shooting next week.

:damn: :damn: :damn::gucci::dwillhuh:

@thatrapsfan @Broke Wave @Max B

this is too fukking much :snoop:
Idk but this article seems biased toward Kabil. People who know them are saying this just being used to build a case against the brothers

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
What kind of money can a Senior Marketing executive with design/web-design/internet marketing knowledge earn in Toronto? And is
Ryerson a good scholol to have on your resume?

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

:snoop::snoop::snoop:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
What kind of money can a Senior Marketing executive with design/web-design/internet marketing knowledge earn in Toronto? And is
Ryerson a good scholol to have on your resume?
Ryerson is a shyt school which anyone with university credits can get in. It’s the lower tier universities along with brock,lakehead and Windsor etc

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
One thing is wherever you apply check out their pension. I’m getting 8 percent every pay taken out by hoop and I hate it . After taxes then dental and health, ei and cpp then another 8 percent like 50 percent of gross is gone

Years ago I was making like 20k less but had no benefits and got 14 percent more every pay in lieu of benefits I was bringing home more than I am now

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People care about Queen’s, U of T or McGill for undergrad. Nepotism :yeshrug:

I currently work in HR for one of the biggest hospital networks in Canada

No one cares over here

I know like for mba, engineering, llb it does

Hell my coworker before he left to Saskatchewan had a degree from unilag :heh:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I currently work in HR for one of the biggest hospital networks in Canada

No one cares over here

I know like for mba, engineering, llb it does

Hell my coworker before he left to Saskatchewan had a degree from unilag :heh:

Unilag used to be amazing. That and Uni. of Ibadan

I think it depend on the undergrad program. I’ll give my thoughts later.