The official WWE Network Subscriber number is....

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
without commitment it was $15 before.

makes sense to me...this way people don't just get the network for a month for a a specific PPV

Could just get it the month of the big PPVs & watch the other ones (& all the other stuff) during that month & it would be cheaper than the $120 a year. Only real drawback there is not seeing the monthly PPV live & that comes down to the person & if they care enough outside the big PPVs. Only way to really avoid that is blocking stuff out depending on subscription types.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Have they grossly overestimated the popularity of pro wrestling? Or is the product not compelling enough? I find it weird they deliver a kid-oriented product through a medium like a subscription channel with a financial commitment.

It's what they get. For all the burials of good talent and them telling you Cena is the be all historically of hard work and sacrifice while antagonizing their fanbase who made them the most money during the Attitude era. It's well deserved. Get in sync with reality. Bow down to a superior era. This Network should of been a running success but they have a slightly above average tv deal and a pg fanbase that isn't as loyal as they think. Fans had to go war to make Daniel Bryan a SUPER STAR. Humble pie. I laugh at this result. SELF ETHER personified.

Lol@Kliq runs the "biz". They can't even run a 3 month promotion campaign.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What qualifies as a "shytty" ppv to you? Payback was a great PPV. MITB was good too, ppl just downplayed it b/c Cena won.

You guys overrate the attitude era so much acting like every ppv was GOAT status. If you go back and watch you'd see otherwise.

You're not paying $10 just for a PPV with the zillion other things are on the Network

Every Attitude in 2000 was damn near GOAT status..everyone was over and when someone wasn't over? All they had to do was put them opposite of the Rock and it was automatically the most watched segment. How u think Cripple H got over? Benoit? Angle? It was easy when u had a real draw.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I understand where you're coming from man and you raise a great point with guys like Bryan, Punk, Batista, and Barrett out but I just feel like WWE still has enough talent to do what they're doing for Summerslam all year round. I'm overexaggerating when I say the PPVs were shytty, they weren't, but I just feel like WWE can do better than what they were. That's just my two cents. I think things will improve over the next few months with Brock as champ and Ambrose/Reigns/Rollins moving up in ranks.

They forgot to mention the hurt houseshow returns with Roman and Blandy in the lead since Bryan went out.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
E4rHHZt.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think the key for them is how many of the 161k new subscribers are really "new" and not people who cancelled and then subscribed again :patrice:

If I don't know, 150k are really new people, then that means more than 800k domestic are somewhat willing to have WWE Network. That's a nice base number.

What they need to do is find a way to promote this shyt the right way. They are throwing shyt against the wall in terms of promoting and so far nothing has stuck.

---

From Meltzer:

"The cutbacks are so significant that they now feel they can break even on 500,000 subscribers in 2015 as opposed to 1.4 million subscribers and at 1.5 million subscribers they will have OIBDA of $100 million to $120 million, which is more than they had pre-network."

That sounds very promising for WWE, but it also sounds iffy as fukk :laugh:

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Bryan Alvarez noted in last night’s Wrestling Observer Radio show that he received a text from a WWE source claiming the Network subscriber number was 690,000, so it’s likely WWE rounded up to 700,000 for today’s announcement.
Vince & Co Rounding Them Numbers Up So They Look Alil More Respectable

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
WWE as a whole could use a good destroy and rebuild anyways. They need to really take a look @ who they wanna market too with the current product and the network.

There is no denying that the network is worth the price right now of 9.99. Best believe I will never pay for 60-70 bucks for a WWE PPV ever again.

They just can't play dumb when they cant figure out the reason why they can't get more subscribers than they are getting. They really over estimated the wrestling market for these days for sure and it's not even something they can scale back content wise.

They definintely need to do something crazy to shake up the on screen product because the only thing that will get new subscribers are the ppvs for 10 bucks. You pretty much got all the nostalgia heads like ourselves already, now they gotta get a product out there that will make fans not wanna miss PPVs and realizing how good of a deal we got.