The Peopling of Africa

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Bruh, they want to believe that it was established by Arabs :francis:

It's Europeans and Arabs who spreading this BS even though they all agree that the sultans were from "Al-Barbar" which is what the Arabs used to refer to ethnic Somalis (also other Cushytes like Afar).

The elites of the city were always ethnic Somalis, not these Arab minorities who were subdued and were even forced to pay tribute to local Somali clans at times:mjlol:

They are pretty much somalized now. :lolbron:

Plus the city was established far before Arabs set foot in East Africa.

Thanks for sharing breh. Feel free to add info about Somali history on here.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
The sultan of Mogadishu was Abu Bakr ibn Shaikh Umar. He was Barbara amd spoke the local language of Mogadishu, but he also knew Arabic. Battuta was introduced to the Sultan by the "qadi" Ibn al-Burhãn, an Egyptian. After sending a message via a student to the Sultan, the student returned with a plate containing betel leaves and areca nuts, and a sprinkler that contained Damascas rose water.

^this guy was the second sultan. We know this from coin inscriptions.

Also, in order to make sense of all this, one has to understand the role that the benadiri/Arab community played in Somalia. They have NEVER a dominant position in Somali territory but were rather a merchant class as well as craftsmen, fishermen and cooks. They have always been very few in numbers. They were very wealthy to be sure, but had neither the numbers nor the strength to have a dominant position in our society.

The idea that they were the founders of Mogadishu is quite preposterous to say the least.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
^this guy was the second sultan. We know this from coin inscriptions.

Also, in order to make sense of all this, one has to understand the role that the benadiri/Arab community played in Somalia. They have NEVER a dominant position in Somali territory but were rather a merchant class as well as craftsmen, fishermen and cooks. They have always been very few in numbers. They were very wealthy to be sure, but had neither the numbers nor the strength to have a dominant position in our society.

The idea that they were the founders of Mogadishu is quite preposterous to say the least.

Just to be certain on my part, the Benadiri or 'Barbara" are Bantu in origin?

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Just to be certain on my part, the Benadiri or 'Barbara" are Bantu in origin?

The Barbara are ethnic Somalis such as myself. Benadiris are mostly a mixture of Arab, Bantu and Somali but they speak Somali and some speak Arabic. You also have the Bravanese ppl who mostly live in the city of Brava/Barawe who are also mixed like the benadiris but they speak their own language called Chimwini which is a dialect of Swahili (that only they can speak) as well as Somali and Arabic.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Yeah they do but the scientific evidence states otherwise. However let us not conclude that the current land borders were always weirdly static. A good example the New Kingdom period of ancient Egypt. Which really includes today Egypt and North part of Sudan today.

106602-004-8280C828.jpg

or the kingdom of Makuria which is today Northern Sudan and parts of Upper Egypt.

Christian_Nubia.png

What i saying land area changes all the time, so it is possible that Somalia was part of Punt and considering today Djibouti is majority Somali, and borders Eritrea, which i think it is not far fetch.

Demographics of Djibouti - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Similar to Niger/and Northern Nigeria which is technically one country, but today are two separate countries.

The most recent evidence suggests that it was partially in Northern somalia.

Our results reveal a high likelihood match with eastern Somalia and the Eritrea-Ethiopia corridor, suggesting that this region was the source of Papio hamadryas exported to Ancient Egypt.

@MansaMusa check this

Podium: Dominy et al. 2015 Mummified baboons clarify ancient Red Sea trade routes

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Ancient Egyptian artifacts have been found all across northern Somalia, suggesting trade relations between the proto-Somalis and AE's.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Much of the world's Frankincense and myrrh is produced in Somalia, namely the Northern mountain range. Arabs buy the raw product, repackage it and then claim it as theirs.

The Egyptians used to import large quantities of Frankincense and myrrh from the land of punt.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This isn't different from how some Hausas claim their ancestor is from Baghdad and that some Igbo claim they are Jews.

Nigerian ethnic groups claiming origin outside of Nigeria is a post-colonial phenomenon.
It is but there is some truth to it. Most Nigerians and ppl of Benin aren't from West Africa dating to BC. Now some are but some people lived in the Atlantis. Some lived in modern day Peru before the split from South America to Africa

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I wouldn't care the Igbo Jewish nonsense to Yoruba. Because similarities of culture, religion, divine rule and other customs have been noted between Nile Valley cultures and the Yoruba. The same can not be said for the Igbos and Jews. And then we have Obatala and Bes.
This is where we disagree. There are traditions that have similarities and the Igbos tend to be the world's travelers of those times and still are.

There are books on this subject. Eguns on several villages have confirmed this and Igbos used to go by Hebrews. Igbos was a name we didn't choose for ourselves, it was a name we gave to outsiders and the cacs put it on us.

As far as Judaism, that's dumb and I do not understand it. That was never our religion. We always changed religions as we. That's why religion isn't that big to follow with Igbos, traditions are.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
This is where we disagree. There are traditions that have similarities and the Igbos tend to be the world's travelers of those times and still are.

There are books on this subject. Eguns on several villages have confirmed this and Igbos used to go by Hebrews. Igbos was a name we didn't choose for ourselves, it was a name we gave to outsiders and the cacs put it on us.

As far as Judaism, that's dumb and I do not understand it. That was never our religion. We always changed religions as we. That's why religion isn't that big to follow with Igbos, traditions are.

I humbly disagree breh.

Odinani is very different from traditional Judaism as practiced during the time of David and Solomon.

The Igbo language has no Semitic loan words one might expect if we were Hebrew. Igbo were not strict monotheists like the Hebrews. Nsibidi script is nothing like Hebrew script. There is no evidence of ancient Hebrew style material culture at Igbo sites like Igbo-Ukwu. The origin stories of Igbo clans like Nri, Aro or Anioma don't mention Hebrews/the Levant or anything like that. We ate non kosher food like snails, rabbit, crayfish,lizard and Bush pig. Our calendar had 4 days, not 7. And so on...

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Are Horners still in here trying to convince that Punt was the Horn? :mjlol:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Are Horners still in here trying to convince that Punt was the Horn? :mjlol:

Take your beef up with the scientific community :yeshrug:

It was somewhere between Eritrea, Ethiopia and parts of Northern Somalia. There's not even a debate at this point.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Take your beef up with the scientific community :yeshrug:

It was somewhere between Eritrea, Ethiopia and parts of Northern Somalia. There's not even a debate at this point.

I haven't seen anything conclusive from any legitimate scientific body :yeshrug:

Punt was clear in the Great Lakes region where pygmies and antimony were abundant.....go and attempt someone elses history because any Black person who actually reads can smell the BS :pachaha:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I haven't seen anything conclusive from any legitimate scientific body :yeshrug:

Punt was clear in the Great Lakes region where pygmies and antimony were abundant.....go and attempt someone elses history because any Black person who actually reads can smell the BS :pachaha:

:Drakensberg:

Two studies from 2010 and 2015 both confirmed the Horn as the most likely location.

FOH with that Niger-congo centric revisionism :Hemad:

It's not even a debate at this point. The only question is how much of the Horn it encompassed.