The Predator Official Thread: Teaser Trailer

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fox Rebooting 'Predator' With Shane Black (Exclusive)

But before some purists cry foul, they should know that this reboot comes with an interesting attachment: Shane Black, the venerable screenwriter behind Lethal Weapon and writer-director ofKiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3.

Black will write the treatment for the project, then will hand over scripting duties to Fred Dekker, his university chum with whom he wrote 1987’s Monster Squad. Black will oversee the writing and is also attached to direct.

John Davis, who produced the original with Joel Silver and Lawrence Gordon, is producing the reboot.

Predator is the muscle-bound action 1987 movie that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathersand Jesse Ventura as commandos being stalked in a jungle by a fearsome alien. John McTiernandirected the film, which was one of the movies that cemented Schwarzenegger’s star power.

Black actually appeared in a minor role in the original movie and how he became involved is part of Hollywood lore.

When Predator was being made in 1986, Black was already a screenwriting prodigy for hisLethal Weapon and Monster Squad scripts. The studio and producers wanted him to polish the script for Predator, which was then in pre-production. Black turned it down. A few weeks later, they approached him again. Once more, Black said no. Another few weeks went by, and then the studio called again. This time, however, he was told there was a small role in the movie and asked whether he would like to have it. Black said yes.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fox-rebooting-predator-shane-black-714598

Oh Shane Black is directing and writing the treatment...that's why I'm not mad.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
As long as it isn't set during Christmas.

:deadrose: Predator trekking through a snow covered jungle

He did a polish on the first one though and he was in the first one so I believe he knows what the flick needs. The time of year it's set in is irrelevant. Just put it in the jungle

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
As long as they don't cast this guy to star in it I am cool:
vSeATo2.jpg

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that movie was fukking awful bruh

Meh I disagree. I fukked with it. It's not great by any means but it's not trash in my eyes. It has a very dope concept and all of the characters are at least fun or semi interesting. Worked for me:yeshrug:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Predators was a reboot, they even redesigned the Predators for it. OG was great because of Arnold and the stars, this will be funny but :trash:.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Meh I disagree. I fukked with it. It's not great by any means but it's not trash in my eyes. It has a very dope concept and all of the characters are at least fun or semi interesting. Worked for me:yeshrug:
I think one of the reason predators was wack was because the character Were Not interesting at all. You don't really care about any of them. At least I didn't. The Latina was aight and Adrian Brody did the best he could but overall it just didn't click. Predator is a top ten movie for me and what made it great besides awesome directing and effects was the characters.

But a reboot, its whatever. I'll check for it but I won't hold my breath that it'll be great. P2 is still the best predator featured movie since the og.