The Pursuit Of Wealth Is A Symptom Of A Sick Society

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Hell is mind state, hate to break it to ya:yeshrug:

Fools really think you gon suffer here then go to a firey pit called hell where you suffer again for eternity. :mjlol:
I understand people being brainwashed by all this shyt but damn its crazy how people don't critically think about what they were taught/programmed via men and parents aka ulterior motive based humans and not the actual divine creator.:snoop:
funnily enough, that setting of hell isnt even accurate so it proves your point even further

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
You prosperity evangelicals make me fukking sick. Jesus overturned the moneylenders in the temple, said “render unto Caesar” regarding the minted coins, the parable of the camel passing through the eye of the needle, repeatedly warned against those who use religion to become wealthy, and yet you still come through with mental gymnastics to make your corrupt and covetous money-grubbing somehow scripture.

Kill your ego :obama:
fixed and i agree :jbhmm:

Luke 12:13-21
13 And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.

14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?

15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:

17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?

18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An American investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, “only a little while. The American then asked why didn’t he stay out longer and catch more fish? The Mexican said he had enough to support his family’s immediate needs. The American then asked, “but what do you do with the rest of your time?”

The Mexican fisherman said, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siestas with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine, and play guitar with my amigos. I have a full and busy life.” The American scoffed, “I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat. With the proceeds from the bigger boat, you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing, and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually New York City, where you will run your expanding enterprise.”

The Mexican fisherman asked, “But, how long will this all take?”

To which the American replied, “15 – 20 years.”

“But what then?” Asked the Mexican.

The American laughed and said, “That’s the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions!”

“Millions – then what?”

The American said, “Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siestas with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos.”

Wow thats a fire story

:wow:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
For in a just society, no man would concern himself with his lack of wealth. A society that cares about its citizens is one in which no man should worry that he may never become a millionaire. A man willing to contribute as best he can, in a society that is equitable, is a man who will never feel the pang of hunger nor the pavement when he lays in his bed.

:francis:
The obscenely wealthy man fears being merely 'rich'
The rich man fears being middle class.
The middle class man fears being poor.
The poor man fears being destitute.

If you guarantee basic survival needs as part of citizenship in a country, you can't use this system of fear to control people. A man won't pursue wealth for its own sake. He'll pursue it so that he can have more children and a larger home for those kids. He'll pursue it to pay for activities for those kids, or for vacations and luxuries. When everyone's basic needs are met, only people who need to pursue wealth to do certain things will do that.

Wealth is also power. It buys you politicans and changes the laws of the land. It buys you access to land, it buys you access to labor and ultimately allows you to have control over your fellow man. If you're questioning this system or want to reform it in any way that will keep people who already have far more than they could ever use from acquiring more they'll use asset at their disposal to stomp out that thought process.

It's not a coincidence that Aristotle was executed during the reign of the oligarchs in Athens. It's not a coincidence that the philosophy that would become buddhism spread from India all the way to Korea and Japan. It's not a coincidence that religious leaders who call for peace, charity, and a rejection of wealth pursuit for its own sake don't live long.

People have always had one enemy: The man who isn't satisfied with what he has built for himself and wants to take what you have too. He's probably the reason why humans became social animals. His spirit lives in every form of Aristocracy from the Egyptian, Chinese, Bantu and Indigenous societies all the way until now. His defense is always to accuse others of what he's guilty of, and to lie in more complicated and elaborate ways. He's never gone away, just changed how he talks and adapted to the times he lives in. The only thing he is ever accountable to, is a group of people far exceeding whatever followers he can muster on his own. By seeking to be the top 1% of any society he lives in, by definition he engineers the means for his own destruction because he's utterly powerless if his underlings turn on him and group identity is far more powerful than the will of one person.