The Rematch to One of the Best Fights in MMA History: Official UFC 164 Thread

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
aldo doesnt want to cut to FW anymore.

should let him give up his belt and face pettis.

mendes vs lamas for the vacant FW title :lupe:

That's a good idea. Only problem is that Aldo is injured. Have Pettis fight Grant, then Aldo can move up and face the winner [when he's fully healed]

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Dont sleep on tj grant, the way he beat gray and wiman was super impressive.

I'm not counting Grant out, but how does he beat Pettis? Grant has power, is a pretty good striker and has size. I don't see him catching Pettis with a huge shot and I don't see him out-striking Pettis [at all].

Pettis via TKO.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I'm not counting Grant out, but how does he beat Pettis? Grant has power, is a pretty good striker and has size. I don't see him catching Pettis with a huge shot and I don't see him out-striking Pettis [at all].

Pettis via TKO.
I dont think he wins either, but he earned the title shot and I would expect him to be competitive. Hell, he cant do much worse than Bendo did tonight.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Pettis told Dana he felt his knee popped during the fight. fukkkk that, hopefully it's something minor.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Another interesting thing to note is that Pettis submitted a fighter who has looked virtually un-submittable and he did it ease. The more I think about it, the more I'm impressed with Pettis's performance.

agreed. benson has been in some fukking terrible spots over his career and always managed to get out of them. pettis is ill on the ground but bendo getting subbed...didn't see that coming.

it was a good card overall. i think the mir stoppage was a little early though. i know he went limp and probably would've got the beats and lost anyways but still...other guys have gotten better chances to recover than that. shyt...remember barry/kongo? and nog had mir all fukked up and he went back to brazil with a L and a broken arm. :manny:

RudySpanish

Boomer Sooner
Daps
Reppin
OKC
shyt was crazy
izk1J4Ydez6NO.gif

1.gif

2.gif

:whoo:
so is this the real fight version of the stanky leg:ohhh:

I_Q

All Star
Daps
I think they should have bendo fight grant for the #1 contendership and if Gilbert wins against Diego I'd like to see him get the next shot first

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I think they should have bendo fight grant for the #1 contendership and if Gilbert wins against Diego I'd like to see him get the next shot first

Henderson just got handled by Pettis, let him work his way up to a title shot. Plus, that wouldn't be fair to Grant who has earned himself a title shot.

I would kill for a Pettis/Aldo match-up. But if that doesn't work out, I would have Grant with the first crack at Pettis. Then, if Thomson can string together 1-2 more solid wins [top 10], I would give him the next title shot.