The Russo Brothers could go down in history as the people who single handedly killed the MCU before walking away.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yes, their work on the MCU is unparalleled. Props they deserve for Phase 3. But the aftermath and fallout they left behind is still being felt 5 years later and counting.

Just think of all the dominos they fell after killing off Vision, Black Widow and more importantly Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. Think of all of the mediocre content that was made and currently being made because of their deaths. If Steve Rogers lives, there is no Thunder Bolts movie, If Tony Stark lives, I highly doubt Sony’s influence would be as glaring because Peter Parker’s story arc would be vastly different. And there probably wouldn’t be an Armor Wars movie. Ri Ri Williams story arc would be different as well.

If Vision isn’t killed Wanda’s story arc wouldn’t have been rushed and Multiverse of Madness probably doesn’t get made.

Hell, the entire Multiverse Saga would probably be different since Stark would be at the center of it.

The Russo Brothers directed Infinity War and End Game as if it were the MCU finally. They could’ve at least kept characters alive so the door would be open for them possibly returning. RDJ initially said he was done playing Tony Stark. But after he won an Oscar, he said he was open to coming back. Then the Russo Brothers came out and criticized it because they killed him off.

Even Chloe Zhao recognized this massive error and poked fun of it when she wrote this scene.

It was used as a cheap throw away name drop, but prettty much summed up the current state of the MCU.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
...You got unbanned? :what:
3ef4k3.gif

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
They should have rebooted it after end game or made some story like the snap lead to triggering mutant genes, initiating the switch to x-men as professor x starts seeing the need to open his school (no brother umar).

They could say that the mutants weren't known during the previous era as their numbers were very small and the old mutants kept low profiles.

Chad dying and them not having the balls to recast T'challa also played a big role in the MCEU going downhill.

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
They should have rebooted it after end game or made some story like the snap lead to triggering mutant genes, initiating the switch to x-men as professor x starts seeing the need to open his school (no brother umar).

They could say that the mutants weren't known during the previous era as their numbers were very small and the old mutants kept low profiles.
Or…just wait and see how mutants are introduced :pachaha: It’s not gonna be as bad as you think

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin

Chad dying and them not having the balls to recast T'challa also played a big role in the MCEU going downhill.

Too polarizing and too complicated. Look at the shyt the Eternals got for being on earth in plain site the whole time.

The entire X-Men should be in it's own universe. With an alternate version of Avengers, then you can have an incursion.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Or…just wait and see how mutants are introduced :pachaha: It’s not gonna be as bad as you think

Tbh I don't think I watched anything marvel related after end game. It just doesn't feel right.

I think BP2 did it for me. T'challa should have been recast, but they were scared of backlash. It would be like not including dumbledor in the harry potter films after the first actor died.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Too polarizing and too complicated. Look at the shyt the Eternals got for being on earth in plain site the whole time.

The entire X-Men should be in it's own universe. With an alternate version of Avengers, then you can have an incursion.

That's what I mean. I don't think X-men will fit in their MCU because it doesn't make sense how they weren't mentioned. The snap would have been the only logical way.

They seem adamant on having one universe though.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
That's what I mean. I don't think X-men will fit in their MCU because it doesn't make sense how they weren't mentioned. The snap would have been the only logical way.

They seem adamant on having one universe though.

Ironically the "snap" would've fit perfectly with the Inhumans story arc based how they did it on Agents of SHIELD...

But trying to do something so massive in a movie format is too much. It's impossible.

The history of mutants spans thousands of years so you can't just activate all of their powers at once. It's just dumb.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They were begging to do Secret Wars and Feige told them no. They would've made shyt work better than what the MCU ended up doing :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What’s the story on stopping SW?:ohhh:
I mean, the Russos were openly saying on interviews the only project that would get them back in the MCU was Secret Wars, they spent like 2 years (while they were hyping, promoting and then celebrating IW/EG) on some :scheme: shyt.

Next thing we know Marvel announces Secret Wars as their next big thing and the Russos are nowhere to be found :hubie:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
They were begging to do Secret Wars and Feige told them no. They would've made shyt work better than what the MCU ended up doing :manny:

I can see why. Like I said at the creation of this thread, the Russo Brothers completed wrecked the MCU by killing off it's two most popular characters. Imagine what they would've done with secret wars.

I wouldn't be surprised if they originally killed off Nick Fury in Winter Soldier until Feige made them re-write it.

The Russo's while doing a good job, failed to realize the concept of a cinematic universe. And the MCU been scrambling ever since.