The success of Designer/Bobby Shmurda just shows no one checks for southern music outside the beats

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Facts. Beats and flow play an extremely large part in hip hop now, the south just so happened to hop on the "hard beat/diff flow" shyt first, so people were forced to listen.

Once NY/East Coast started doing the same thing they started over shadowing the south.

Desiiner-Panda number 2 song
Bobby Shmurda-Hot nikka peaked at like Number 4

Fetty wap-Numerous hits

meanwhile bammas like Yo Gotti and Young dolph gotta tour 250 times a yaer and release countless records jus to crack the hot 100 :mjlol:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
If NYC was so confident they would just do what they have to do and make money and be successful.
For some reason NYC and Northern cats love to try to shyt on the south though, and it just proves we are on the perch, you want our spot, and you haven't gotten it yet.
Guess what though, when you do get the number 1 spot, south won't hate, we'll just keep workign and grinding and doing what we do.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
If NYC was so confident they would just do what they have to do and make money and be successful.
For some reason NYC and Northern cats love to try to shyt on the south though, and it just proves we are on the perch, you want our spot, and you haven't gotten it yet.
Guess what though, when you do get the number 1 spot, south won't hate, we'll just keep workign and grinding and doing what we do.
South is no where near as hot as it was 10 years ago.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
No one shyts on the south. I recognize the greatness of southern music. NYC just does it better. It's just better music. Smarter music. We're better even when we do what y'all do. There's a certain quality and skill that NY artists have that can't be found anywhere else.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
No one shyts on the south. I recognize the greatness of southern music. NYC just does it better. It's just better music. Smarter music. We're better even when we do what y'all do. There's a certain quality and skill that NY artists have that can't be found anywhere else.
I'm from cali and even I agree.

I just noticed it and had to make a thread on it. When 3 different unknown up North artist all use the souths formula and make bigger hits than the "hottest" southern rappers, that should tell you something. NY and hip hop juts go hand in hand.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
No one shyts on the south, but you make a thread claiming NYC northern artists make better music than the south. How is that not a put down?
SMH.

Insecurity.
IF NYC is hot , they are hot, if they aren't they aren't. We don't care.
What is tiring though is how you all seem to be sick to your stomach at the fact that we ran/run the came since the 2000s and everyone has pretty much been going with various southern regions music type. It seems to bother you all so much that you can't enjoy your own success without trying to put us down, mention us negatively or even mention us at all.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I'm from cali and even I agree.

I just noticed it and had to make a thread on it. When 3 different unknown up North artist all use the souths formula and make bigger hits than the "hottest" southern rappers, that should tell you something. NY and hip hop juts go hand in hand.
Cali and NY are always going to be The Hip
hop staples. I don't really worry about NY being on top. Someone will come eventually. Everything works in cycles.

The day that comes when NY is back. These south nikkas will be forced to rap again, which is something they simply don't have to do right now. As much as enjoy the music, I recognize that for the most part a lot of them don't rap at a high level.

I mean even someone like Krit. dude raps at such a fukking high level and can't get his just due because he's lost in a sea of mumble melody rap. It's insane.

The most telling thing though is that with all this talk about the south running shyt and the sounds , which is true. I can't lie. They've been on a roll. But let's be real. How many classic projects have come out the south since they've been running shyt? Realistically?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
No one shyts on the south, but you make a thread claiming NYC northern artists make better music than the south. How is that not a put down?
SMH.

Insecurity.
IF NYC is hot , they are hot, if they aren't they aren't. We don't care.
What is tiring though is how you all seem to be sick to your stomach at the fact that we ran/run the came since the 2000s and everyone has pretty much been going with various southern regions music type. It seems to bother you all so much that you can't enjoy your own success without trying to put us down, mention us negatively or even mention us at all.
The south didn't "take over" hip hop until about 2006. As of now, no region in particular runs rap, but besides J.Cole, Future & Young Thug none of the hottest artist in rap come from the south.
I actually live in the south now and southern artist are nowhere near as big as they were when I first moved here.