The UK’s CMA has expressed concern that Microsoft‘s Activision merger could “significantly weaken” PlayStation (Updated with lawyer breakdown)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Some interesting points in that write up actually…

ABK seems to be "against" subscription services and cloud gaming (page 76)

Activision has never published any newer content on multi-game subscription services and has no intention to do so in the future.

This stance is reflected in statements made by Activision's senior leadership, who in recent Investigational Hearings with the FTC in relation to the Merger have stated on the record that [X]. The Parties specifically note that:

(a) Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision stated that [X]. Specifically, Mr. Kotick stated that [X]. Mr. Kotick was even more unequivocal in his position on cloud streaming, calling it [X]. Regarding the technical requirements, Mr. Kotick stated that even if latency and control issues could be improved, he considered that game developers were [X]. Likewise, Mr. Kotick stated [X]. For the reasons stated above, Mr. Kotick considered cloud-based game streaming to be [X].

(b) Mr. Kotick's position has been reiterated by numerous other senior leadership figures in Activision. Mike Ybarra, President of Blizzard Entertainment, stated that [X]. Additionally, Mike confirmed that [X]. Moreover, with regards to cloud-based game streaming, Mr. Ybarra stated that [X]. Mr. Ybarra stated that [X]. Mr. Ybarra has stated his view that [X].

Gamepass was expected to be around 35 million in July 2022 (page 82)

Since its launch in 2017, Game Pass has gradually grown to approximately 25 million subscribers. As above, this is 10 million fewer subscribers (28%) than what was forecasted for Fiscal Year 2022.

Fortnite on xCloud is having worse numbers than MS expected (page 94)

While cloud gaming on mobile may grow, adoption is not expected to be rapid as it requires a significant change in consumer behaviour. Research published by the CMA shows that, both worldwide and in the UK, where cloud gaming app users had a choice between a provider's native or web app on Android, around 99% of users used the native app, with 1% using either the web app or a combination of the web and native app. Microsoft's experience with adding Fortnite on Xbox Cloud Gaming illustrates these challenges.

Cloud gaming is losing money for MS right now (page 107)

Microsoft has no history of using Windows OS to target cloud gaming providers: Cloud gaming providers such as Amazon, Google and Nvidia have been SPLA partners for many years. Microsoft has not withheld access to the SPLA program, nor has it degraded access to Windows Server under SPLA in the past. The revenue Microsoft receives from licensing Windows Server via SPLA is substantial at ca. USD [X] billion [X] (equating to approximately [X]% of SPLA revenues) and it is not credible that Microsoft would forgo this revenue in order to protect its position in cloud gaming which does not generate material revenues and is loss-making.

All this talk about xcloud and gamepass growing and the numbers are looking terrible behind the scenes. No wonder phil was pivoting in the last financial report about growth slowing down.

:lupe:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If you think this deal is guaranteed to go through you could park some cash in Activision stock and make 23% on your money in less than 8 months. There’s nowhere else you can so easily make that much return on anywhere.
Where did you get 23% from?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you think this deal is guaranteed to go through you could park some cash in Activision stock and make 23% on your money in less than 8 months. There’s nowhere else you can so easily make that much return on anywhere.
at this point it’s opportunity cost. No real reason to sit on it and wait for 8 months.

But if you do plan to invest it’s a dangerous game. One day the market will decide “it’s time” and you could easily miss the boat.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Where did you get 23% from?
Because the price of the stock today is like $73 per share and Microsoft is paying $95 per share. Granted you’ll have to pay capital gains tax on the profits but where else can you get returns like that in this economy? I’m tempted to tax loss harvest some of my losing stock positions and just put the money there. I’ve still got positions like Robinhood and TTCF that are unlikely to ever get back to what they were before the market crashed. Nothing to lose I’m down so big on.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Some interesting points in that write up actually…

All this talk about xcloud and gamepass growing and the numbers are looking terrible behind the scenes. No wonder phil was pivoting in the last financial report about growth slowing down.

:lupe:
Damn, they weren’t kidding when they said you shark posts from reset era :heh:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It was literally in the link @The Mad Titan posted. Just proves yall dont even click on your own links :dahell:

Post in thread 'The Microsoft / Activision Blizzard acquisition |OT| Antitrust Simulator (Update: the FTC “likely” to sue)'
The Microsoft / Activision Blizzard acquisition |OT| Antitrust Simulator (Update: the FTC “likely” to sue) OT

:pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Post in thread 'The Microsoft / Activision Blizzard acquisition |OT| Antitrust Simulator (Update: the FTC “likely” to sue)'
The Microsoft / Activision Blizzard acquisition |OT| Antitrust Simulator (Update: the FTC “likely” to sue) OT

:pachaha:

Yes which was posted in this link :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
at this point it’s opportunity cost. No real reason to sit on it and wait for 8 months.

But if you do plan to invest it’s a dangerous game. One day the market will decide “it’s time” and you could easily miss the boat.
People have money sitting in savings earning less than 4%. It's just a thought. I think this deal seems highly likely to go through even if there are concessions. There's a lot of negative news stories floating around about it but if this deal fails it won't be on the merits of the deal it will be because politicians and political agencies wanted it to fail on the principal of it being a big tech company getting bigger through an acquisition.

Any actual non-bias gamers that know of these companies would openly admit the deal does not create a monopoly. It does not create a valid industry imbalance. It doesn't even change the status of the market leaders.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony doesn’t need Call of Duty to compete and neither does Microsoft :yeshrug:

Best case scenario is the .Gov bushes this entire acquisition and everyone competes with the studios they have

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
s
People have money sitting in savings earning less than 4%. It's just a thought. I think this deal seems highly likely to go through even if there are concessions. There's a lot of negative news stories floating around about it but if this deal fails it won't be on the merits of the deal it will be because politicians and political agencies wanted it to fail on the principal of it being a big tech company getting bigger through an acquisition.

Any actual non-bias gamers that know of these companies would openly admit the deal does not create a monopoly. It does not create a valid industry imbalance. It doesn't even change the status of the market leaders.
I agree with you.

I was just speaking to the current reality of the stock price.

The fact that the market Knows the deal won’t be finalized for 6+ months, means people are gonna wait before they pile in. It’s just a timing thing at this point. The safe play is to just get in an wait it out. But you can strategize and make even more if you are down for the risk.

I got some just waiting but I also plan(maybe stupidly) to throw a bunch more money at it sometime in the near future.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
s

I agree with you.

I was just speaking to the current reality of the stock price.

The fact that the market Knows the deal won’t be finalized for 6+ months, means people are gonna wait before they pile in. It’s just a timing thing at this point. The safe play is to just get in an wait it out. But you can strategize and make even more if you are down for the risk.

I got some just waiting but I also plan(maybe stupidly) to throw a bunch more money at it sometime in the near future.
If you're buying this you don't care if people pile in because the price is unlikely to even go higher than Microsoft's offer. If people have money sitting around or money in bad investments and they want something that seems stable this could be an option. Investors are panicking over rumors and hearsay. Unless Microsoft blows this up and refuses to cooperate I don't see why it gets completely blocked. If they put that 10 year deal in actual writing or as part of the deal don't see why it wouldn't happen.