The Villian of the Harriet Tubman movie is a black man

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Lol so we officially the bad guys now

Btw these movies aren’t aimed at us. They aimed at foreigners who don’t know what goes on here. All movies are PR for the dominant society to the outside world

That’s why non Americans think we are all thugs and rappers and “keep causing trouble”.

Now they gonna think black men are in the way of freedom

So now what do we do now that the black man is enemy #1

lol this movie has nothing to do with foreigners this movie is for white people and old black people.Yall just be talking out of your asses at this point.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Cancel. That. shyt. This is a PURE insult. Nothing like it. By the time whites finish rewriting history, we will be the sole participants, beneficiaries, instigators and sustainers of systematic racist white supremacy.
And they will be the valiant victims and heroes that fought back.

It’s NAUSEATING.

These types are like a disease infecting countless minds.

What’s next?! A documentary about Eminem being The Godfather of Hip Hop, Justin Beiber being the King of Soul?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is pretty disturbing. Harriet’s story being reduced to her main nemesis being some black slave catcher and a white man saving her is definitely an intentional insult to her story and legacy.

even if there is a hint of that BS being true (which there’s no evidence to suggest that), there is so much more to Harriet’s story that could have been the focus of the story.

The director, writers, costume designers, and every black person who worked on this movie were deputized to tarnish Harriet’s legacy, and to reinforce the “black man is the weakest link” narrative which will ultimately sow more discord between BM and BW. This movie deserves a legitimate boycott.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
This is pretty disturbing. Harriet’s story being reduced to her main nemesis being some black slave catcher and a white man saving her is definitely an intentional insult to her story and legacy.

even if there is a hint of that BS being true (which there’s no evidence to suggest that), there is so much more to Harriet’s story that could have been the focus of the story.

The director, writers, costume designers, and every black person who worked on this movie were deputized to tarnish Harriet’s legacy, and to reinforce the “black man is the weakest link” narrative which will ultimately sow more discord between BM and BW. This movie deserves a legitimate boycott.
FACTS

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Same thing they did in django

Why yall mad?

A sell out is killed and she helps some slaves.
The fukk yall mad about.

If this is how it played out in real life...:yeshrug:

But...and it's been some time, but I don't think this was ever mentioned in the Tubman biographies that I read as a kid.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
lol this movie has nothing to do with foreigners this movie is for white people and old black people.Yall just be talking out of your asses at this point.
How so when people on this very forum say their own people wherever they are from watch these white savior movies and it conditions them. They said their own people see us as gangsters.

It’s the same thing with the news. The world is watching. That’s why they forced that family to give Guyger a hug. That’s why Asian Americans got a boost because America kept getting called out for treating minorities like shyt. They give incentives to Asians as “proof” there is no racial problem here. We know the nuances here but the rest of the world doesn’t.
It’s PR just like Red Cross and Conservationalism.

Everyone who can watches US media, but they don’t know the history here or the context

I didn’t mean this in a specific AA vs African/Caribbean way. I’m off diaspora wars. I’m talking this is what is creating a division with American blacks and anyone non black

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
How so when people on this very forum say their own people wherever they are from watch these white savior movies and it conditions them. They said their own people see us as gangsters.

It’s the same thing with the news. The world is watching. That’s why they forced that family to give Guyger a hug. That’s why Asian Americans got a boost because America kept getting called out for treating minorities like shyt. They give incentives to Asians as “proof” there is no racial problem here. We know the nuances here but the rest of the world doesn’t.
It’s PR just like Red Cross and Conservationalism.

Everyone who can watches US media, but they don’t know the history here or the context

I didn’t mean this in a specific AA vs African/Caribbean way. I’m off diaspora wars. I’m talking this is what is creating a division with American blacks and anyone non black

who is everyone on this board? This film is targeted to the tyler perry crowd and white people.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this is how it played out in real life...:yeshrug:

But...and it's been some time, but I don't think this was ever mentioned in the Tubman biographies that I read as a kid.
She made 19 trips to free black people. Even if this happened once, which I highly, highly doubt (why would Harriet, who was willing kill her own people for trying to turn back on the journey, not kill a white supremacist when she had him dead to rights?), why completely overlook everything else that happened in her life.

They don’t even show her being a mother from what I understand.

I’m not a “is it me or is a conspiracy?” Type of brother, but the agenda and narrative in this is clear.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
who is everyone on this board? This film is targeted to the tyler perry crowd and white people.
Dawg it don’t matter who it’s demographically targeted for here

It’s still gonna get released in Chinese theaters.

Media is propaganda period

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Birth of a nation had that revenge scene I loved. It was too short. I want a full 2 hours of slaves killing their masters, masters wives and children. Violent bloody revolution. I’m there for it.

That's the movie about the Haitian revolution if they ever made it. No 2 hours of hiding and running.