The X-Files’ Creator Says Ryan Coogler Is Developing Diverse Reboot

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps

There’s a new version of The X-Files on the horizon from Ryan Coogler, according to series X-Files Chris Carter.

“I just spoke to a young man, Ryan Coogler, who is going to remount The X-Files with a diverse cast. So, he’s got his work cut out for him because we covered so much territory,” Carter revealed Monday on the CBC podcast On the Coast with Gloria Macarenko.

20th Television declined to comment. Deadline has reached out Coogler’s reps.

Coogler’s production banner Proximity Media is under a five-year exclusive deal with Disney Television, which Deadline reported exclusively in 2021.

The X-Files premiered in 1993 with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson starring as FBI Special Agents Mulder and Scully, respectively. For 11 seasons, the duo investigated cases involving the paranormal. Carter said the show would be totally different today as today, “we’re steeped in conspiracies.”

Most recently, Coogler released the follow-up to Black Panther titled Wakanda Forever, which he co-write and directed. The film received recognition on the awards circuit including five Oscar nominations.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Might as well I guess, since Gillian Anderson doesn't want to do it anymore.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
coogler is a very competent director and writer
It will be interesting to see how the online reactionaries try and paint this as bad considering how bad x-files has been since post season 5
I mean this franchise has been bad so long the only reason people watch is because of mulder and scully vs it actually being quality

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
coogler is a very competent director and writer
It will be interesting to see how the online reactionaries try and paint this as bad considering how bad x-files has been since post season 5
I mean this franchise has been bad so long the only reason people watch is because of mulder and scully vs it actually being quality

They're going to hate just on general principle and complain about it being "woke" and all that shyt, especially if the protagonist isn't a white guy :yeshrug: