The X-Files’ Creator Says Ryan Coogler Is Developing Diverse Reboot

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Why doesn’t Coogler do his own shyt? Why reboot x-files but make it black? This is doomed to fail as everyone who’s not black is going to go out of their way to trash it on every platform and act as if they loved the x-files their whole life. Can we just have our own shyt? Jesus fukking Christ. Coogler mid at best anyways but Hollywood doesn’t think so so I would like for him to actually try some shyt that’ll succeed if he’s branching out to sci fi.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Why doesn’t Coogler do his own shyt? Why reboot x-files but make it black? This is doomed to fail as everyone who’s not black is going to go out of their way to trash it on every platform and act as if they loved the x-files their whole life. Can we just have our own shyt? Jesus fukking Christ. Coogler mid at best anyways but Hollywood doesn’t think so so I would like for him to actually try some shyt that’ll succeed if he’s branching out to sci fi.

Because it's a cheap, corny ploy to get heads to watch. An original show with new writing, new actors, etc is TOO much for Hollywood to deal with. Especially as a black director or producer. I often dream and wish for a black director to be like, "fukk this... I'm going to do something that is beyond the whole diverse code word, black coat a white story ass gimmick".

Go a route where you get underground black science fiction writers, a unique cast of up-and-coming black actors and actresses, and go to town. For once, can we as black people (from a black marsupial perspective) come to terms with our creative itch to make something that will scratch the surface of what's missing from Hollywood.....creativity and originality.

Until then, it's just going to be some MS Paint a picture ass shows and flicks because it's cheap and efficient, rather than original and a chance taking decision.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
196eb488f7772adf7092a69b4e480f12.gif

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
it really is amazing just how bad x-files has been and for so long
People only watch for Mulder and Scully
Prime example of a show that is carried by the star actors and the writing and production are inconsequential

I'm going to enjoy the revisionist history about this show just because I can tell who has never actually watched X-files vs people skimming youtube clips or watched the simpsons episode

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They couldn't just make it a continuation 15 years later or some shyt? They just alienated the X-Files fan base on top of the pieces of shyt who instantly catch aneurysms over "diversity". I need a trailer first

Problem with that & the mini-seasons is they structured an end date into the plot so everything's set up for this end of the world invasion to happen & they just find different excuses for why they keep delaying it.

A full reboot would let them erase some of the convoluted & dumb parts of the plot and streamline/recontextualize it going forward. Plus you get to bake back in most of the conspiracy stuff that was eliminated when they ended the syndicate mid season 6.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I've never seen a group of supposed black people this hateful of diversity :picard: the coli is getting more right wing every day

Breh...you know how it is gonna go....

Mulder will be a Black female lead with a swirling tendency that is lesbian

Scully will be made into a gay man

The male agents will be made into DL guys...

The only latinos on the show will be custodians or border hoppers...

Thankfully this will die in the first season...

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Breh...you know how it is gonna go....

Mulder will be a Black female lead with a swirling tendency that is lesbian

Scully will be made into a gay man

The male agents will be made into DL guys...

The only latinos on the show will be custodians or border hoppers...

Thankfully this will die in the first season...

Exactly.

Because Coogler already messed up Black Panther by refusing to recast T'Challa and putting Shuri in his place. So he'll just make this show bedwench led since he definitely isn't going to make the main character a straight Black man.

Last edited: