The X-Files’ Creator Says Ryan Coogler Is Developing Diverse Reboot

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Coogler has the clout to do anything he wants, why reboot a semi-popular 90s show? He must really like The X-Files :heh:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Coogler has the clout to do anything he wants, why reboot a semi-popular 90s show? He must really like The X-Files :heh:
It’s a classic show.

On the low you know who could carry this. Lakieth Standfield replacing David Duchovny.

:yeshrug:

I just hope it is placed in the same world, or if they complete reboot it, then lean into the alien invasion and actually have that shyt happen.

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
Dudes in here pre-complaining for the white people that gon complain about it being “woke”. Coogler brought black panther to life and gave rocky a new life so he should get some credit.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Dudes in here pre-complaining for the white people that gon complain about it being “woke”. Coogler brought black panther to life and gave rocky a new life so he should get some credit.

The 1st Black Panther yes...Creed as well but that was MBJ carrying both films if we are being 100...

Superstar
Daps
Im down for more xfiles but they can easily fukk it up

I watched an ep last night. Show had a vibe thats never been recreated since.

True detective (mostly season 1) is the only suspense TV show that grabbed me like X-files, as a kid. X-files was so versatile that it could easily swing from serious, to tense, to light, to campy, to dark, to procedural, etc. some episodes the setting was just as important as the characters.

I loved it most when it got dark and unsettling, straddling the line between grounded and supernatural. Some episodes I wasn’t sure if the explanation was going to be some bullshyt like a werewolf mutated by the expired condom his father used, tap water with too much fluoride in it, or aliens. S1 of true detective felt like that at times, like I didn’t know if it was going to be some occult, supernatural shyt or straight up crime.

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: You can already guess how the leads will be.

:wow:
Nah I hope janelle Monae plays trans scully and the “I am DELIVERT” dude plays trans mulder for maximum fukkery and audience rage. I already experienced the OG Xfiles for myself. I’m okay with ruining it for the younger generations so they’ll never touch it again.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Why doesn’t Coogler do his own shyt? Why reboot x-files but make it black? This is doomed to fail as everyone who’s not black is going to go out of their way to trash it on every platform and act as if they loved the x-files their whole life. Can we just have our own shyt? Jesus fukking Christ. Coogler mid at best anyways but Hollywood doesn’t think so so I would like for him to actually try some shyt that’ll succeed if he’s branching out to sci fi.

INITIALLY I WOULD AGREE...
BUT HE DID SUCCESSFULY TURN
THE GREAT WHITE HOPE ROCKY INTO A BLACK FRANCHISE WITH CREED
SO DONT SELL HIM SHORT.

FANS OF CREED & MCU MIGHT
FOLLOW HIM OVER OFF NAME ALONE.
:devil:
:evil: