Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

wize fool

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the First Council of Nicaea called by Constantine in 325 is really what ruined Christianity and turned it into the complicated mess that it is today... that's where they had a pow wow and decided that Christianity was going to consist of a Trinity and instilled Easter and other Pagan traditions into Christianity

Christ told anyone who would listen that he wasn't God, but rather that he was a prophet... it wasn't until later that Christianity claimed his divinity... nowhere in the Bible does Jesus (pbuh) say "I am God."

Easter and Christmas are really the spring and winter solstices, respectively. That's why there is an Easter bunny and Easter eggs, both representing fertility and the new growing season.

And to add to your second point...

Mark 10:17-18 said:
And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Obtaining knowledge and education is a cornerstone of Islam, the prophet said even if u have to go to china TO increase ur knowledge u should.

not to get in a pissing match but both christians and muslims don't have a great track record in terms of promoting "education" during certain terms of history....

that being said the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom is very fundamental to christianity.
"How much better to get wisdom than gold! To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver."

IF God = the truth then the pursuit of that is only natural.

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
I get different answers from different Christians with regards to the Old Testament.

However, I found this in the New Testament:

Originally Posted by Matthew 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

This would lead one to believe that the Old Testament should be valid to followers of Christ.

The Old Testament offers some damaging blows to the trinity though. For example:

Originally Posted by Isaiah 43:10-11
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour

yea but the old testament is valid but while he came to fulfil the old law he also came with a new covenant and that is what they follow because no person is said to have been able to completely follow the old law thats why everyone dies and is damned because they eventually sin except for jesus thats why he is considered the savior

John 15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

yes but isaac is from the old test breh; my initial point to U
all christians believe jesus was/is god and thats enough to lump them into one group.. its common sense breh; did jesus create himself? or did God create him? whos worthy of worship the creator or the creation? theres only one way to answer that and allow common sense to remain part of the argument

and my initial point is that it is very much christian for them to know isaac to you and this being why christians and muslims dont always get along and have beef because at the end of the day one of them believes the other isnt the way of the true messiah because scripture says otherwise

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

wize fool

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea but the old testament is valid but while he came to fulfil the old law he also came with a new covenant and that is what they follow because no person is said to have been able to completely follow the old law thats why everyone dies and is damned because they eventually sin except for jesus thats why he is considered the savior

and my initial point is that it is very much christian for them to know isaac to you and this being why christians and muslims dont always get along and have beef because at the end of the day one of them believes the other isnt the way of the true messiah because scripture says otherwise

I'm confused. I don't see what any of this has to do with the divinity of Christ.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
well the first part you have there can be said about any person who follows religion but not because they know it by heart but because they are just followers of something they see as trendy

but if im not mistaken alot of christians actually do know the old they just dont get into it to much because they dont follow the old law they believe in the new covenant

catholics and christians arent the same people either but as far as christians go alot of them do believe god is god and jesus is god in the flesh on earth and the holy spirit is the word of god the holy trinity but that isnt making them 3 different gods

Lets be 100 breh. The majority of christians don't look at god like that. They worship and pray to someone(something) they've never seen before(as do muslims and many other people of different religions.)

Jesus says all throughout the new testament that he's not god.

Luke 18:19 - So Jesus said to him, "why do you call me good? no one is good but one, that is, god."

many more verses throughout the new test.

You can't make something from nothing.

This is the reality of god.

luke 17:21 - "nor will they say, 'see here!' or 'see there!' For indeed, the kingdom of god is within you."

psalms 82:6 - I said, "you are gods, and all of you are children of the most high."

psalms 82:1 - God stands in the congregation of the mighty; he judges among the gods.

Back to Jesus, I wonder how many christians knew he(God!)had brothers and sisters!

Mark 6:3 - "Is this not the carpenter, the son of mary, and brother of james, joses, judas, and simon? and are not his sisters here with us?"

Did Jesus die on a cross? How can you kill god? :wtb: Can christians explain this. Jesus been dead over 2000 years, he ain't coming back from the dead to help you....or wait did he even exist? Is jesus just the hebrew version of horus!?

Malachi 4:2 - But to you who fear my name the sun of righteousness shall arise, with healing in his wings;

HorusAten_sundisk.jpg

Hebrews 12:29 - "For our god is a consuming fire." Osiris/Ra/Atum etc

Kinda drifted from my original point, but nevertheless. As I said before, the majority of the people who say they are christians actually believe in 3 gods.

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
troll posts in this thread should be deleted...we were doing fine without them thanks anyway :mjpls:

Lets be 100 breh. The majority of christians don't look at god like that. They worship and pray to someone(something) they've never seen before(as do muslims and many other people of different religions.)

Jesus says all throughout the new testament that he's not god.

Luke 18:19 - So Jesus said to him, "why do you call me good? no one is good but one, that is, god."

many more verses throughout the new test.

You can't make something from nothing.

This is the reality of god.

luke 17:21 - "nor will they say, 'see here!' or 'see there!' For indeed, the kingdom of god is within you."

psalms 82:6 - I said, "you are gods, and all of you are children of the most high."

psalms 82:1 - God stands in the congregation of the mighty; he judges among the gods.

Back to Jesus, I wonder how many christians knew he(God!)had brothers and sisters!

Mark 6:3 - "Is this not the carpenter, the son of mary, and brother of james, joses, judas, and simon? and are not his sisters here with us?"

Did Jesus die on a cross? How can you kill god? :wtb: Can christians explain this. Jesus been dead over 2000 years, he ain't coming back from the dead to help you....or wait did he even exist? Is jesus just the hebrew version of horus!?

Malachi 4:2 - But to you who fear my name the sun of righteousness shall arise, with healing in his wings;

HorusAten_sundisk.jpg

Hebrews 12:29 - "For our god is a consuming fire." Osiris/Ra/Atum etc

Kinda drifted from my original point, but nevertheless. As I said before, the majority of the people who say they are christians actually believe in 3 gods.

yea there is alot of scripture that might seem contradictive but at the end of the day it also says this

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

if that isnt a claim of divinity what is?.....do you agree that he is the lamb or not according to scripture?

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

as far as that egyptian god stuff....whole different topic but maybe a thread can be done about that to :whew: