There is no such thing as a ‘talent’ or ‘eye test’ argument for Brady vs Mahomes

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
What argument does Mahomes with 3 or 4 rings have over Brady with 7?

Time, pace and #s (ignoring the context of when they played)

If KC wins. That's 4 SB appearances, 3 rings, and possibly 3 SB MVPS & 2 regular season MVPS. All of those are equal or better than Brady at the same age. They'll make a #s argument as I showed in my 1st post.

This isn't my argument, just saying what I think the narrative will be. They'll start teasing Mahomes > Brady to get us to tune in next year. 7 >3 won't stop that.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Clearly there is. Even a non role player, all time great can have more chips than another all time great but not be considered better

The OBVIOUS example is Jordan > Bill Russell despite having 5 less rings

Also, as much as Kobe fans hate it, Bron > Kobe despite having 1 less

In the QB discussion that doesn’t exists bc 1) Brady has set the mark so high, and 2) there are no other players with comparable rings.

Crazy to think about it but at one out we thought it COULD be like hoops, when the debate was Manning and Brady. Brady just had better teams but manning had better numbers. At one point you could argue Manning > Brady even with less rings.

Well, Brady blew that out the water when he started putting up gaudy numbers himself, and when he won 4,5 more rings. The debate ended
The ring is the result but what makes one player greater than the other is the journey that led to the ring. Terry Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls but nobody considered him greater than Peyton Manning who only won 2 so it’s not any different from the NBA discussions.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The ring is the result but what makes one player greater than the other is the journey that led to the ring. Terry Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls but nobody considered him greater than Peyton Manning who only won 2 so it’s not any different from the NBA discussions.

I addressed that bro. We were willing to have that conversation before. With manning when Brady had 3 or 4 rings.

7 rings ain’t 4.

HE HAS SEVEN RINGS :dead:

What are we even talking about. It’s such an absurd comical # ——with stats too——that it simply is not a discussion if you’re not at least close, and very close, to that #. Ain’t no ‘road’ to the rings when he got 7 plus everything you got too :heh: He got the gaudy stats, plus 5 Super Bowl MVPs plus plus no loaded teams plus Belicheck fell on his face w/o him so that angle was deaded too. Like it’s dead bruh. :heh:

Wake me when Mahomes has 5 and then maybe we can start a dialogue

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
I addressed that bro. We were willing to have that conversation before. With manning when Brady had 3 or 4 rings.

7 rings ain’t 4.

HE HAS SEVEN RINGS :dead:

What are we even talking about. It’s such an absurd comical # ——with stats too——that it simply is not a discussion if you’re not at least close, and very close, to that #. Ain’t no ‘road’ to the rings when he got 7 plus everything you got too :heh: He got the gaudy stats, plus 5 Super Bowl MVPs plus plus no loaded teams plus Belicheck fell on his face w/o him so that angle was deaded too. Like it’s dead bruh. :heh:

Wake me when Mahomes has 5 and then maybe we can start a dialogue
TB12 is the goat, I didn’t say anything to the contrary :whoa:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Clearly there is. Even a non role player, all time great can have more chips than another all time great but not be considered better

The OBVIOUS example is Jordan > Bill Russell despite having 5 less rings

Also, as much as Kobe fans hate it, Bron > Kobe despite having 1 less

In the QB discussion that doesn’t exists bc 1) Brady has set the mark so high, and 2) there are no other players with comparable rings.

Crazy to think about it but at one out we thought it COULD be like hoops, when the debate was Manning and Brady. Brady just had better teams but manning had better numbers. At one point you could argue Manning > Brady even with less rings.

Well, Brady blew that out the water when he started putting up gaudy numbers himself, and when he won 4,5 more rings. The debate ended
The QB and basketball discussions are essentially the same. Havlicek wasn't a role player, has 8, and is not considered greater than Mike (rightfully so but Havlicek was an amazing basketball player and his work is underrated in present day discussion)...

You and I disagree, but the momentum will continue to build with people saying Mahomes is greater than Brady. For me it isn't the ring count, it's the lack of longevity upholding this level of play and the truly All-Time performances...

Brady's performances in Super Bowls 39 (vs Carolina); 49 (vs Seattle); 51 (vs Atlanta); and 52 (vs Philadelphia), top anything I've ever seen Mahomes do, considering the stage and magnitude of the moment. That's 4 Super Bowls that I've seen a Brady performance higher than any not just Mahomes moment, but highest level of quarterbacking ever...

Mahomes has played in 3 Super Bowls, last year being by far his most complete game. He was great, and yet his best performance is maybe the 5th best Brady Super Bowl, at best...

We could go blow for blow talking about AFCCGs, and the great games they've both had there...

When I hear somebody tell me someone is like Jordan, you gotta show me a game of his on the biggest stage that is arguably the greatest ever. Show me the statistical gap between he and his peers------>in 6 seasons starting, Mahomes has led the NFL in a passing category 3x. For context, in 6 seasons starting, Manning had led the NFL 4x in a passing category. People keep trying to exaggerate the margins but there is no massive talent gap between Mahomes and the next closest guys (Allen and Burrow), and he doesn't have a massive statistical edge...

Compare this to Mike and the statistical gap he had on his peers, first 6 years. Cats gone make me start posting receipts...

Mahomes' gap from his contemporaries is that he's way more consistently clutch than anyone, that's some legendary shyt "in" him that no one else can replicate; he's way more consistently GREAT than anyone, that's a rare skill to be an A-level player so often with so few bad moments in between; its his game management and mastery of the position compared to his peers. By this standards, he's similar to, bit not OVER, Brady. Cats say I hate on fam but I give him his due. I don't overdo it and slurp him...

It isn't that he's a more capable passer than everyone else, we know that isn't true. It isn't that he plays cleaner than everyone, we know that isn't true, either...

He's got the greatest qualities that Brady had, just without the seminal performances Brady had, as of yet. Maybe they'll come...

7 years in isn't the time to place him over Tom Brady and the lack of physical, statistical, or talent separation from Mahomes to the next closest guys, are why the Jordan comps don't make sense...

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
The problem with this is, this ain’t basketball.

If it were basketball yea Russell has 11, a few other role players have just as many as MJ, Magic has 5, etc etc it’s too many moving parts

With QB? Brady has SEVEN. Ain’t no movin parts. :heh: You need to get in that ballpark to even start that discussion.

Can’t be about numbers bc based on Mahomes’ $ and Kelce’s age, it’s not likely they will have a high scoring offense like they’ve had before. Plus the defense is young. And Brady closed out his career putting up numbers anyway so….

That leads to the million dollar question:

What argument does Mahomes with 3 or 4 rings have over Brady with 7?

Million dollar answer: he and his coach don't have multiple cheating scandals under their resume

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
The QB and basketball discussions are essentially the same. Havlicek wasn't a role player, has 8, and is not considered greater than Mike (rightfully so but Havlicek was an amazing basketball player and his work is underrated in present day discussion)...

You and I disagree, but the momentum will continue to build with people saying Mahomes is greater than Brady. For me it isn't the ring count, it's the lack of longevity upholding this level of play and the truly All-Time performances...

Brady's performances in Super Bowls 39 (vs Carolina); 49 (vs Seattle); 51 (vs Atlanta); and 52 (vs Philadelphia), top anything I've ever seen Mahomes do, considering the stage and magnitude of the moment. That's 4 Super Bowls that I've seen a Brady performance higher than any not just Mahomes moment, but highest level of quarterbacking ever...

Mahomes has played in 3 Super Bowls, last year being by far his most complete game. He was great, and yet his best performance is maybe the 5th best Brady Super Bowl, at best...

We could go blow for blow talking about AFCCGs, and the great games they've both had there...

When I hear somebody tell me someone is like Jordan, you gotta show me a game of his on the biggest stage that is arguably the greatest ever. Show me the statistical gap between he and his peers------>in 6 seasons starting, Mahomes has led the NFL in a passing category 3x. For context, in 6 seasons starting, Manning had led the NFL 4x in a passing category. People keep trying to exaggerate the margins but there is no massive talent gap between Mahomes and the next closest guys (Allen and Burrow), and he doesn't have a massive statistical edge...

Compare this to Mike and the statistical gap he had on his peers, first 6 years. Cats gone make me start posting receipts...

Mahomes' gap from his contemporaries is that he's way more consistently clutch than anyone, that's some legendary shyt "in" him that no one else can replicate; he's way more consistently GREAT than anyone, that's a rare skill to be an A-level player so often with so few bad moments in between; its his game management and mastery of the position compared to his peers. By this standards, he's similar to, bit not OVER, Brady. Cats say I hate on fam but I give him his due. I don't overdo it and slurp him...

It isn't that he's a more capable passer than everyone else, we know that isn't true. It isn't that he plays cleaner than everyone, we know that isn't true, either...

He's got the greatest qualities that Brady had, just without the seminal performances Brady had, as of yet. Maybe they'll come...

7 years in isn't the time to place him over Tom Brady and the lack of physical, statistical, or talent separation from Mahomes to the next closest guys, are why the Jordan comps don't make sense...
I think the MJ comps make sense for Patty even though Brady is the goat. He brings an excitement while dominating in his sport and he’s leading a dynasty.