There was a lot of fukkery going on in 1983 when this occurred on stage

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Breh MJ was ruthless :russ:

MJ would comment on Prince’s temperament years after the events surrounding the James Brown incident:

I have proven myself since I was real little. It’s not fair. He feels like I’m his opponent…I hope he changes because boy, he’s gonna get hurt. He’s the type that might commit suicide or something…I don’t like to be compared to Prince.” Later in the recording, Jackson described Prince as “one of the rudest people I have ever met,” who’d been “mean and nasty to my family.
f6360dd0f669e8106390adc3c5c20c8a.gif

The Story Behind Prince & Michael Jackson's Rivalry | Man of Many

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh MJ was ruthless :russ:

MJ would comment on Prince’s temperament years after the events surrounding the James Brown incident:

I have proven myself since I was real little. It’s not fair. He feels like I’m his opponent…I hope he changes because boy, he’s gonna get hurt. He’s the type that might commit suicide or something…I don’t like to be compared to Prince.” Later in the recording, Jackson described Prince as “one of the rudest people I have ever met,” who’d been “mean and nasty to my family.
f6360dd0f669e8106390adc3c5c20c8a.gif

The Story Behind Prince & Michael Jackson's Rivalry | Man of Many

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

According to legend, Prince was initially somewhat receptive to the idea…until he saw the lyrics. Specifically, the opening line “Your butt is mine” turned him off to the entire idea.

In a 1997 interview with Chris Rock, Prince offered up his take on the whole affair: “You know that Wesley Snipes character ? That would have been me…You run that video in your mind. The first line in that song is, ‘your butt is mine’ so I was saying, ‘Who gonna sing that to whom? Because you sure ain’t singing it to me, and I sure ain’t singing it to you.’ So right there we got a problem.”

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Like someone said Prince made his mainstream breakthrough with the 1999 album. The comparisons to MJ and the "who's better" questions started around that time. James Brown of course was both of their Idol and the blueprint for their styles. Mike knew Prince was there JB didn't. So Mike not feeling the comparisons and thinking Prince wasn't on his level took the opportunity to one up him. MJ jumped on stage rocks the fukk out of the crowd tell JB Prince is there and to call him up.(Then sneaks off stage:mjlol:) Prince is now put on the spot not wanting to be looking like a chump jumps on stage and at the time is not the performer he'd end up becoming bombs horribly ends up humiliated. Then tries to Mike over in his whip:francis:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man..... I can only imagine how hype folks was after leaving the show that night.

The energy had to be crazy

And then the next day telling their peoples while everyone like :shaq2:

Only to maybe read the paper a little later to see the truth and be like :damn::sadbron: cuz they missed that show

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
:whew: when MJ would drop these impromptu live bars and tear the track to shreds:

The band wound it up quick once he grabbed the mic :russ:

You know you're on a whole nother level when you can just redo someones song better with a random live performance than they can in the studio: