Things Kevin Samuels was WRONG about ?

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
That was one of his most dangerous and illogical talking points if we’re being honest. Not even sure how he didn't catch more flack for it especially because bullshyt like that goes directly against his alleged desire to strengthen the black family/community. And while I’m sure that shyt was music to an insecure bum ass nikka’s ears, you know who REALLY benefits from black women foregoing education in favor of marriage and children in this day and age? CACS. One of the best ways to control a population is to delude them into believing that stifling their own advancement is ACTUALLY in their best interest. If you can successfully convince a group of driven, smart and highly motivated women that chasing dikk, marriage and babies is BETTER than getting an education, while simultaneously incarcerating or murdering their male counterparts at high rates you’ve already won.
I don't think he ever encouraged black women to forget education and focus on marriage. His point was that black women make it a thing where they can only choose one where other races of women do both. He was telling black women to start prioritizing marriage as well with school which I actually do agree with.

You can get your degree while simultaneously planning to find your future husband. But a lot of black women think they have to complete their many years of schooling and get their PHD, and then they can easily find a husband which isn't true. When you see Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern, and White women in these high degree programs, a lot of them are either married, engaged, or seriously dating. But black women are usually single on their "Black Girl Magic" thing.

All he was telling them was that it is possible to do both at the same time. I will give him some slack on that point.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
I don't think he ever encouraged black women to forget education and focus on marriage. His point was that black women make it a thing where they can only choose one where other races of women do both. He was telling black women to start prioritizing marriage as well with school which I actually do agree with.

You can get your degree while simultaneously planning to find your future husband. But a lot of black women think they have to complete their many years of schooling and get their PHD, and then they can easily find a husband which isn't true. When you see Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern, and White women in these high degree programs, a lot of them are either married, engaged, or seriously dating. But black women are usually single on their "Black Girl Magic" thing.

All he was telling them was that it is possible to do both at the same time. I will give him some slack on that point.

Kevin Samuels frequently shouted out ADOS in his show and referred to black Americans as ADOS all the time. I'm sure where he's getting his numbers is from here:

What We Get Wrong About Closing the Racial Wealth Gap – The Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity

Go to page 54 and look at that chart. I really want to see the wealth numbers people who are arguing contrary are using. These are economics from a black economics Professor at Duke. The numbers are showing right there in our face that these women's degrees are meaningless without marriage and to the point that without marriage they wind up with a lower net worth than the median single black woman with no degree.

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I'm always intrigued by the disparity in the ranking of Beyonce, I've always found her stunning yet have come across many that don't see it. I understand people have preferences but what about her doesn't do it for you?
I'm not really understanding your question. Are you asking why I'm not going coco for cocoa puffs over her. Do you feel like that coco bird every time you see her photo or video.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I personally didn't agree with the whole suit thing. Not every man is into rocking suits everyday.

Dressing for the occasion seems appropriate for most men IMO...

I also wasn't into the whole HVM concept. But, aside from what I may not have agreed with, I did agree with some key points he made..

One of the major ones was the dying alone phenomenon.

That shyt is real AF!

Like him, I know women, some who are dear loved ones, will pretty much die unmarried and w/o a significant other which is primarily by choice sprinkled with happenstance.

But, everyone has free will, so if finding a life partner or spouse is important, then those who want one will do what needs to be done to get one which, at the very least, starts with effort on that person's end...

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
Kevin Samuels: BLACK WOMEN are the LEAST attractive according to “Science”

A983-AFE6-3-BD8-4-BBC-BF3-B-08637-F598117.jpg

KOON ASS nikka was right that Red Bull gives you wings tho :sas1:
31-E37-A25-D30-A-4-AE6-94-F8-4-A62-DC5186-DE.jpg

B7-EC1-C35-998-B-4-CC6-A7-CD-E653-CB276-C79.jpg

:sas2:

Damn, so he really was Tommy Sotomayor Junior.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
He didn't do anything wrong. He told the truth. Only hit dogs holler. :francis:

Other things is just preference. I wouldn't pay that much for cologne and buy suits. I'm making well over 6 figures and I would never fit the HVM standards as he put it and don't want to. I'm very down to earth and don't like boring corny elite events with phony people. Been to several and I don't see the big deal. Networking events are the best. I still don't wear no uncomfortable ass suit to them. :scust:

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Kevin Samuels: BLACK WOMEN are the LEAST attractive according to “Science”

A983-AFE6-3-BD8-4-BBC-BF3-B-08637-F598117.jpg

KOON ASS nikka was right that Red Bull gives you wings tho :sas1:
31-E37-A25-D30-A-4-AE6-94-F8-4-A62-DC5186-DE.jpg

B7-EC1-C35-998-B-4-CC6-A7-CD-E653-CB276-C79.jpg

:sas2:

You're just mad because he was talking about your hair hatting overweight mama. :mjlol: He said lose the weave tons of makeup and lose weight and mofos got their panties in a bunch male and female. :mjtf:

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Kevin was a clown who just happened to say true shiit from time to time.

The fact that he totted himself as a HVM, yet did not meet his own set criteria for it was my first indication that he was full of shiit as a person. Two things always stuck out to me:

1. No other "HVM" in the real world acknowledged him
2. He claimed to be a professional consultant, but never had any credentials or documented businesses

FYI. Any person that is a full time YouTuber that tries to tell you they are also a professional elsewhere in another business avenue which requires a lot of time, is usually full of shiit.

And of course in a perfect world we can say only the message matters, but at some point you have to walk the talk. You cannot be preaching for black marriages and families, but you are not trying to do the same yourself and you refuse to speak about your past. He spoke truth about a lot of things, but to me he was always full of shiit as a person. I'm a person that can take a message regardless of who or how it's delivered, but most people can't and that was why he was villified.

Plus he has said he was a 3x black belt, a club bouncer, a drug abuse counselor, graduated top of his class in engineering, worked in finance, image consultant, dated Victoria secret models and Hollywood actresses, etc..and was able to fit two marriages into that

:comeon:

I have a small media consultation and video compan and I knew of Kevin before he was on youtube. Basically he was a freelancer. An image consultant is basically corporate speak for being a stylist. I'm don't know how much he was making but he had to be freelancing.