Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Havent watched in years. Can someone remind me why was Omar protected in jail if he was a known snitch? He had those two goons but why would they fukk with him?

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Anyone know of any websites I can watch The Wire on? All the ones I've used in the past are no longer working. I was going to start another watch Thursday night.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He sent them to jail? nikkas got arrested on purpose to save a rat, and made it there in time? :patrice: The whole jail was after him and that should've made them all food. Even Butchie fukking with him still is confusing. I need to rewatch
Omar supports Butchie he gives him a cut of his profits, Butchie is Omar's voice of reason/ he also provides Omar with some tips about Prop Joe's co-op, which is why he went hunting for Marlo when Chris and Snoop murdered him

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
He sent them to jail? nikkas got arrested on purpose to save a rat, and made it there in time? :patrice: The whole jail was after him and that should've made them all food. Even Butchie fukking with him still is confusing. I need to rewatch
Omar was only in there for like a day or two and made a show of stabbing a dude in his ass his first morning. He got moved almost immediately after he talked with Bunk, who talked to the lawyer that owed him a favor.

But yeah they weren't just going to have to kill Omar, but the two goons that were with him.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
You can tell Michael never liked Namond from day one. First episode of season 4 when they go to meet Namond on the corner Randy greets him while Mike shoots him a quick look of contempt and ignores him.

he was tight with duke, and namond was always shytting on duke for no reason. cash money he would have never went hands up with randy or duke(partly because they would have never been in that position to start with)

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
- When Marlo got pulled over by Herc about the stolen camera, Marlo said something like "cameras are like pigeons in a storm"....similar thing to what Prop Joe said about birds flying around and coming back to the coup.

- When Namond was talking with Bunny Colvin his classmates in that special class about what would happen if a worker on the street fukks up their money even if it's just a small amount....he was making the most noise out of everybody in the classroom and sounded the most convincing, yet later when it was time to show and prove that with a little boy damn near half his age and size he froze up like a punk.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I get everything you’re saying and great point but I think Marlo would rather be dead and go head up with Omar than have his name tarnished by people thinking he’s shook.

And Marlo has at least 4 bodies under his belt himself so it’s not like he’s adverse to putting in his own work. I think a large part of why Chris and Snoop respect Marlo so much of his past and how much work he put in himself, so I don’t think Omar would just be able to get him that easily.

Word. And Omar's robbing his stashes and taking out his shooters. Then he goes in the middle of the street everytime and says I DID THIS. Let him know and tell him I said he p*ssy and everyone else knows it too.

IRL a kenard woulda went after Marlo after what Omar did. He gonna be like Marlo p*ssy, I can take his corner.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
McNulty gets up & leaves the court room in the first episode realizing that the case is fukked due to the female security guard on the stand while Stringer's still present in the room. Stringer does the same when Bird has his moment in court & loses his cool, gets up & leaves while McNulty is still sitting awaiting the verdict.

Love how everything on the show connects in one way or another

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Word. And Omar's robbing his stashes and taking out his shooters. Then he goes in the middle of the street everytime and says I DID THIS. Let him know and tell him I said he p*ssy and everyone else knows it too.

IRL a kenard woulda went after Marlo after what Omar did. He gonna be like Marlo p*ssy, I can take his corner.
Marlo was untouchable by a kenard. Marlo was damn near never on the street, and when he was he was surrounded by Chris and snoops. And his people on the corners where hitters(example - mike)