Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
Anyone know of any websites I can watch The Wire on? All the ones I've used in the past are no longer working. I was going to start another watch Thursday night.
You can watch it for free with amazon prime and you can get a 30 day free trail

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
You can tell Michael never liked Namond from day one. First episode of season 4 when they go to meet Namond on the corner Randy greets him while Mike shoots him a quick look of contempt and ignores him.

I think he did like him at first, he just got tired of him frontin. Namond kept tryna to raise up on harmless-ass Dukie, but ran from the ‘piss balloon’ brawl, and let lil Kenard punk him over a pack. Mike just had enough and snapped.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Caught this the first time, but Namond's mom gotta be the WOAT side character, if not WOAT overall. Tryna force your son into the life that he's obviously not about :hhh:

:ohhh: shoulda strapped up :martin:

She probably never worked a day in life and wasn't about to either. She was used to drug money. Once you go down that road, you kinda assign your self to that shyt for life. I know plenty of people who grew up the son of a hustler just to go down the same road, and moms never batted a lash. Drugs make money and money pays bills.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I've always been fascinated by the scenes that didn't make the show. For example, did Weebey have any ill will towards D'Angelo? He had to the know that D's snitching it what got him locked up. Did Avon tell him to fall back? You notice Bay wasn't too bothered about D's death.

I would have loved to have seen Stringer's funeral. Did Prop Joe and Avon talk about what really happened? You notice in season 4 when Joe talks to Omar about the Mouzone situation, it sounds like Joe knew exactly what went down with Stringer's death. Back to the funeral, did Avon ever tell his sister what really happened and how in a sense he "avenged" D's death? Because his rep was on the line, I doubt Mouzone would keep things a secret and I'd expect it would spread at the upper levels why Stringer was killed.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
I know i noticed but it didnt really set in till i watched season 1 ep 8 again. Kima and Carver arrest Clay Davis driver after following a Money drop from Stringer....meaning Clay has been Bleeding this nikka dry since season 1!!!:mjlol::francis::snoop:

Makes Clay Bragging about it to Freamon in season 5 even more vulgar....he was pimping his ass strong and long smh:to:
Marlo may have tagged it to his jacket and had the word spread.....But Clay did more damage to Stringers name and rep in that one convo than Marlo could ever hope to....damn String.....

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I've always been fascinated by the scenes that didn't make the show. For example, did Weebey have any ill will towards D'Angelo? He had to the know that D's snitching it what got him locked up. Did Avon tell him to fall back? You notice Bay wasn't too bothered about D's death.

I would have loved to have seen Stringer's funeral. Did Prop Joe and Avon talk about what really happened? You notice in season 4 when Joe talks to Omar about the Mouzone situation, it sounds like Joe knew exactly what went down with Stringer's death. Back to the funeral, did Avon ever tell his sister what really happened and how in a sense he "avenged" D's death? Because his rep was on the line, I doubt Mouzone would keep things a secret and I'd expect it would spread at the upper levels why Stringer was killed.
Weebey knew D told on him but he ate those years and those other charges like a pit sandwich with potato salad.
Not only didn't he care about D getting killed but he reminded Avon that D was weak when Avon started getting depressed about the "suicide"

Mouzone tells Avon that with his word and reputation, he still has connections in New York. Giving up Stringer protects that and keeps pipeline open. All NY needs to know is that Mouzone hit the person who got him set up, and his rep is back where it was.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Caught this the first time, but Namond's mom gotta be the WOAT side character, if not WOAT overall. Tryna force your son into the life that he's obviously not about :hhh:

:ohhh: shoulda strapped up :martin:

Yes. I heard from a lot of so called Wire fans who REPEATED dvd commentary from the creators as though it was their own words....talking that "no character is completely good or bad" nonsense.
Namond's mom was 100% rotten. That woman is a great actress because I wanted to strangle her after watching season 4.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of Namond. I'm gonna give Namonds mom a break. Cause looking at Namond compared to the other kids. He was the only well adjusted one outta all the kids. He was the only one that had some clue bout the world outside of the hood shiit.

While his mom turned out to be a monster(outta desperation). Its clear she wasn't always this person towards him. And That she did provide some semblance of a loving environment for him as child.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Speaking of Namond. I'm gonna give Namonds mom a break. Cause looking at Namond compared to the other kids. He was the only well adjusted one outta all the kids. He was the only one that had some clue bout the world outside of the hood shiit.

While his mom turned out to be a monster(outta desperation). Its clear she wasn't always this person towards him. And That she did provide some semblance of a loving environment for him as child.

not even to be on that shyt, but Love is not the same as Things.

it was apparently she always gave him Things, but Love was not something she was equipped to give him.

when he gets bagged and can't reach her cause she is in NYC seeing a play.

that little nikka was 13 years old AT MOST. and she is completely out of pocket to him?? come on b.

thats terrible parenting. stop it

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

it was apparently she always gave him Things, but Love was not something she was equipped to give him.

that little nikka was 13 years old AT MOST. and she is completely out of pocket to him?? come on b.

Oh no I make no excuses for her actions in season 4.

But as misguided as she may have been. There was love there from her and Bey, which gave Namond some semblance of validation and confidence.

These type of situations ain't all Black and White.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Yeah he did tell her in his own way........ he told her he aint have shyt to do with it:stopitslime::mjcry:

Avon sister always felt that Stringer was involved though, Mcnulty mapped it out it aint hard to map out what happened

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Exactly, I just finished Season 4 and there's nothing redeemable about that chick.

Brianna told her in front of Namond that enough money was provided to set him up for life. She showed her true colors as to what type of mother she is once the Barksdale money stopped. So she fukked off a lot of money with all the lavish spending and taking trips to NYC and just wanted 14/15 Namond to be out on the street putting his life on the line to supplement it. She even cussed out Colvin for looking out for him while she was away on her little shopping sprees.

Namond told her his dad is already in prison due to that life and she reacts by slapping and berating him, then Weebay later told her why the fukk would Namond wanna be in there too if he could make something out of his life? This ignorant hoodrat still didn't have an ounce of motherly instinct that kicked in when he said that. It's like someone said in a comment section, you know things are fukked up when the murderer turns out to be the more caring parent in the end.

For anybody that says that's just the environment she was raised in...what about the majority of mothers in the same environment who would die for their kids to have half a chance in life, especially that mother who lost her son in Season 2?

Nah, Delonda was just a horrible human being, period.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Exactly, I just finished Season 4 and there's nothing redeemable about that chick.

Brianna told her in front of Namond that enough money was provided to set him up for life. She showed her true colors as to what type of mother she is once the Barksdale money stopped. So she fukked off a lot of money with all the lavish spending and taking trips to NYC and just wanted 14/15 Namond to be out on the street putting his life on the line to supplement it. She even cussed out Colvin for looking out for him while she was away on her little shopping sprees.

Namond told her his dad is already in prison due to that life and she reacts by slapping and berating him, then Weebay later told her why the fukk would Namond wanna be in there too if he could make something out of his life? This ignorant hoodrat still didn't have an ounce of motherly instinct that kicked in when he said that. It's like someone said in a comment section, you know things are fukked up when the murderer turns out to be the more caring parent in the end.

For anybody that says that's just the environment she was raised in...what about the majority of mothers in the same environment who would die for their kids to have half a chance in life, especially that mother who lost her son in Season 2?

Nah, Delonda was just a horrible human being, period.
This....

The Colvin Weebay scene pretty much showed WeeBay had a lil namond in him not wanting to face up to his girl and tell her off....When Bay responded on adopting Colvin with do you know what your asking me