Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Nah Weebay and Cutty were likeable characters and even Weebay despite being a seasoned goon had some honor. Kenard is the New Marlo. An unlikable sociopath like Marlo he wanted to be a street legend when he saw Omar looking like a gump, knowing how the Stanfield Organization were scrambling to take the breh out he took his chance. Similarly Marlo also jumped at the opportunity for the street crown when he saw how Barskdale organization was beginning to fracture. They both somewhat get away with their crimes, Kenard is just a minor despite clapping Omar so he most likely won't do any hard time and you saw how Marlo's ending went.

I hated how Omar got bodied the way he did but it didn't come off as a cop out. Omar should have stayed his ass in San Juan.

Never saw it as Kenard trying to impress Marlo's crew, thanks. You're right that he was there when Omar ran up on Michael and badmouthed Marlo. So even though he wasn't aware that Marlos crew was actively hunting down Omar.....he did know that there was some beef.

Marlo did tell Chris and Snoop later that the young'n hit Omar.....so Kenard did take credit for the hit.

I didn't like it then, don't like it now...and think it was a copout done for shock value.

Speaking of Omar's return....The way the story is written, he and Butchie are NOT related, Butch is just his bank, but Omar's reaction to his death...and his campaign of terror back on the streets seems like how someone would avenge a family member. I know Omar has codes and principles and is coming back out of a sense of loyalty to Butchie but I never really got what their bond was.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I read the scene differently...
Brianna knows the game very well. D is going away for a long time...better his girl shacks up with Stringer than some outsider.Notice that there is not ONE reference in the entire series about who or where D's father is.

Since seeing that scene....I picked up on her flirting with String in the other scene.

Nah she wasn't happy about it and literally had the :comeon: face. Brianna knows the game but it's natural that she'd be upset plus the way Donnette was all trying to explain made it obvious that she was guilty and creeping. Women know how other women get down and how shady females can be. That's why they say mothers can see shyt in females that their sons can't.

As for her flirting with Stringer...

...I never got that impression I think she was just confident in the best muscle for the job being hired.

O YOU MAD BRA

Seymour cake
Daps
Did anyone else notice how Weebay and Kenard look like father and son? the eyes?

Kenard gets beaten up by the weakest person on the show....Dukie...and takes out the most fierce character...Omar.

I still think it was a sellout move by the writers to have Kenard hit Omar. I've heard people regurgitate I guess how the writers justified it( having heard the legend of Omar,he was disappointed to see him in such a raggedy and hobbled condition,etc,etc,etc,), but it makes no sense to me.

In terms of the show...and people becoming the "new" so and so....who was Kenard supposed to be in that regard?
The new Weebay, the new Cutty?

It definitely wasn't a cop out. Ain't no happy ending for a "street legend" out here b

The irony is the gulliest nikkas on the show couldn't get the drop him, then boom he get laid out by some young bull on some hunbug shyt. The grit the realism of the Wire, it make perfect sense

O YOU MAD BRA

Seymour cake
Daps
Word. And Omar's robbing his stashes and taking out his shooters. Then he goes in the middle of the street everytime and says I DID THIS. Let him know and tell him I said he p*ssy and everyone else knows it too.

IRL a kenard woulda went after Marlo after what Omar did. He gonna be like Marlo p*ssy, I can take his corner.

In real life a 8-9 year old kid would try to take over a nikka drug operation? U sound stupid

O YOU MAD BRA

Seymour cake
Daps
You can tell Michael never liked Namond from day one. First episode of season 4 when they go to meet Namond on the corner Randy greets him while Mike shoots him a quick look of contempt and ignores him.

False namond was Michael mans. nikka ain't accept nothing from anybody in the show , accept Namond because that was his man.

He fukked with nikkas for being authentic. Not hard or bout that shyt, just authentic. When Namond froze up on him with kennard he finally had solid proof that his man wasn't authentic. So he cut him off.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
[

Nah she wasn't happy about it and literally had the :comeon: face. Brianna knows the game but it's natural that she'd be upset plus the way Donnette was all trying to explain made it obvious that she was guilty and creeping. Women know how other women get down and how shady females can be. That's why they say mothers can see shyt in females that their sons can't.

As for her flirting with Stringer...

...I never got that impression I think she was just confident in the best muscle for the job being hired.

ok, good point and illustration about Brianna reluctantly cosigning D's girl running with String.I remembered it differently than how it occurred.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Nah Weebay and Cutty were likeable characters and even Weebay despite being a seasoned goon had some honor. Kenard is the New Marlo. An unlikable sociopath like Marlo he wanted to be a street legend when he saw Omar looking like a gump, knowing how the Stanfield Organization were scrambling to take the breh out he took his chance. Similarly Marlo also jumped at the opportunity for the street crown when he saw how Barskdale organization was beginning to fracture. They both somewhat get away with their crimes, Kenard is just a minor despite clapping Omar so he most likely won't do any hard time and you saw how Marlo's ending went.

I hated how Omar got bodied the way he did but it didn't come off as a cop out. Omar should have stayed his ass in San Juan.
Nah, more like another Bird. People always say this. Kenard doesn't possess the same leadership attributes and business savvy as Marlo. Now Randy on the other hand, he's got Marlo written all over him.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah, more like another Bird. People always say this. Can't vision Kenard with the same leadership attributes as Marlo. Now Randy on the other hand, he's got Marlo written all over him.

I don't agree. Kenard shares a foul ass mouth like Bird but that's it. Randy ain't no Marlo he's more like Bodie or will end up like him. Randy got chewed up by the system and is now angry but he ain't no monster like Marlo.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I don't agree. Kenard shares a foul ass mouth like Bird but that's it. Randy ain't no Marlo he's more like Bodie or will end up like him. Randy got chewed up by the system and is now angry but he ain't no monster like Marlo.
That's my whole point. You don't think Marlo himself got "chewed up" by the system, which led to him becoming a distrusting sociopath? Plus, Randy is smart. Kenard was just some knucklehead with a foul mouth.

I bet Marlo's backstory is practically a mirror image of Randy's

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
That's my whole point. You don't think Marlo himself got "chewed up" by the system, which led to him becoming a distrusting sociopath? Plus, Randy is smart. Kenard was just some knucklehead with a foul mouth.

I bet Marlo's backstory is practically a mirror image of Randy's

Except Randy's story mirrors Bodie's backstory. Still don't agree.

Det. Vernon Holley called Marlo spawn of the devil. Despite what Randy turned into by the end of that series I don't see that in him.

O YOU MAD BRA

Seymour cake
Daps
Except Randy's story mirrors Bodie's backstory. Still don't agree.

Det. Vernon Holley called Marlo spawn of the devil. Despite what Randy turned into by the end of that series I don't see that in him.

Randy story ain't nothing like Bodie story b what is you talking about

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Randy story ain't nothing like Bodie story b what is you talking about
:ohreallynow:
Both lost their mom's to the street, treated like pawns with their works and talents ignored, failed by the system, grown up angry and eventually adopted the thug life. Bonus points for how they both tried to snitch on Marlo to maintain their livelihood. He's Bodie 2.0

O YOU MAD BRA

Seymour cake
Daps
:ohreallynow:
Both lost their mom's to the street, treated like pawns with their works and talents ignored, failed by the system, grown up angry and eventually adopted the thug life. Bonus points for how they both tried to snitch on Marlo to maintain their livelihood. He's Bodie 2.0

Similarities no doubt

Bodie got family randy ain't got shyt. Besides Bodie entrapment episode they never touched on his intelligence, so aside from being a stand up nikka Idk nothing about him. The series also never touched on Bodie being failed by the system he was about 17 when the story started so you can't assume no shyt just cause. And Randy ain't try to snitch on Marlo.