Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This....

The Colvin Weebay scene pretty much showed WeeBay had a lil namond in him not wanting to face up to his girl and tell her off....When Bay responded on adopting Colvin with do you know what your asking me

weebay saved his sons life right there.

it was like colvin said, he was either gonna end up dead on locked.

naymond was the definition of "not built for this" it literally just wasnt him

when they had the shop set up right across the street from where Sherrod was working, it coulda went a whole other way. if the dude running that shop woulda told sherrod and that other kid to kill naymond, they woulda at least tried to do it.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
That cop Jay was singing "gypsy woman" in season one which was the same song playing in the car with Omar and that other dude before the failed Monk ambush in season five.

Somebody mentioned it already but I just noticed Randy Foster mom fukked with Bunk in season one.

Damn has there been any other show with such intricate writing?? shyt almost makes me wanna become a writer my damn self. :mindblown: And this thread should be stickied IMO.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Watching this on Blu-Ray makes so much difference.

Most people say that they see a tear roll down Omar's cheek when Bunk verbally strips him down.

I just noticed Poot's eyes were watery when him and Bodie were about to murk Wallace.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
- There was another dude in the room when Stringer went to Slim Charles to get clay Davis hit. You see him after he told the new dude to GTFOH.

- When Brianna was staring at Stringer when she asked to speak to Avon. It wasn't just about D'Angelo it's because she realised he was shady once D'Angelo's chick said she was fukking with Stringer.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Watching this on Blu-Ray makes so much difference.

Most people say that they see a tear roll down Omar's cheek when Bunk verbally strips him down.

I just noticed Poot's eyes were watery when him and Bodie were about to murk Wallace.

On multiple watches, I really began to sympathize with bodie and poot as much as Wallace. None of them were really about that part of the life at the time. And killing Wallace killed them both as well.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
- There was another dude in the room when Stringer went to Slim Charles to get clay Davis hit. You see him after he told the new dude to GTFOH.

- When Brianna was staring at Stringer when she asked to speak to Avon. It wasn't just about D'Angelo it's because she realised he was shady once D'Angelo's chick said she was fukking with Stringer.

In the scene where Brianna tells Stringer about Brother Mouzone coming to hold down the Towers....I get this energy from her that she is throwing herself at Stringer. She did remark to D's girl that it's ok if she was seeing Stringer and how fine he was....

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Did anyone else notice how Weebay and Kenard look like father and son? the eyes?

Kenard gets beaten up by the weakest person on the show....Dukie...and takes out the most fierce character...Omar.

I still think it was a sellout move by the writers to have Kenard hit Omar. I've heard people regurgitate I guess how the writers justified it( having heard the legend of Omar,he was disappointed to see him in such a raggedy and hobbled condition,etc,etc,etc,), but it makes no sense to me.

In terms of the show...and people becoming the "new" so and so....who was Kenard supposed to be in that regard?
The new Weebay, the new Cutty?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
In the scene where Brianna tells Stringer about Brother Mouzone coming to hold down the Towers....I get this energy from her that she is throwing herself at Stringer. She did remark to D's girl that it's ok if she was seeing Stringer and how fine he was....

She said that while rolling her eyes in disgust. She clearly wasn't happy about it all but what could she do.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Did anyone else notice how Weebay and Kenard look like father and son? the eyes?

Kenard gets beaten up by the weakest person on the show....Dukie...and takes out the most fierce character...Omar.

I still think it was a sellout move by the writers to have Kenard hit Omar. I've heard people regurgitate I guess how the writers justified it( having heard the legend of Omar,he was disappointed to see him in such a raggedy and hobbled condition,etc,etc,etc,), but it makes no sense to me.

In terms of the show...and people becoming the "new" so and so....who was Kenard supposed to be in that regard?
The new Weebay, the new Cutty?

Nah Weebay and Cutty were likeable characters and even Weebay despite being a seasoned goon had some honor. Kenard is the New Marlo. An unlikable sociopath like Marlo he wanted to be a street legend when he saw Omar looking like a gump, knowing how the Stanfield Organization were scrambling to take the breh out he took his chance. Similarly Marlo also jumped at the opportunity for the street crown when he saw how Barskdale organization was beginning to fracture. They both somewhat get away with their crimes, Kenard is just a minor despite clapping Omar so he most likely won't do any hard time and you saw how Marlo's ending went.

I hated how Omar got bodied the way he did but it didn't come off as a cop out. Omar should have stayed his ass in San Juan.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
She said that while rolling her eyes in disgust. She clearly wasn't happy about it all but what could she do.
I read the scene differently...
Brianna knows the game very well. D is going away for a long time...better his girl shacks up with Stringer than some outsider.Notice that there is not ONE reference in the entire series about who or where D's father is.

Since seeing that scene....I picked up on her flirting with String in the other scene.