Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
In the 1st episode when Weebay takes D'angelo out of the car to explain the rules of no talking in the car.. they walk under a restaraunt with Burgers laveled above Weebay symbolizing Beef (he could handle beef, he starts beef etc), and Chicken is labeled above D'angelo, this was a purposeful shot as explained by Dave Simon on the DVD commentary

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
In the 1st episode when Weebay takes D'angelo out of the car to explain the rules of no talking in the car.. they walk under a restaraunt with Burgers laveled above Weebay symbolizing Beef (he could handle beef, he starts beef etc), and Chicken is labeled above D'angelo, this was a purposeful shot as explained by Dave Simon on the DVD commentary

Dee even sporting a weak posture while Weebay is standing straight and imposing... Damn :wow:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The scene with Monk in Vinson's shop....it's like two seconds but when he removes the vest after being clowned his shirt is full of sweat indicating he's been walking around all nervous and hot because of the extra layer.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
LMAO

shyt would go like this 99% of the time

Marlo: "Such and such did such and such. We need to do this"
Chris: "No, we should wait and do it at this time, this way"
Marlo: "Okay."
i would say he was a good listener

all leaders were/are good listeners

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
The way SWAT was portrayed as a bunch of boneheaded, overzealous hacks

Season One: Camped outside of the strip club waiting to take Avon into custody.

McNulty: "You'd think Tony Montana was in there"

Season Two: Cops were ready to bust into the hotel used as a brothel

Bunk: "Calm the fukk down. What are they gonna do? Flush a half a dozen hookers down the toilet"?

Season Three: They're outside the door ready to bust Cheese from the wiretap (which turned out to be the killing of a dog)

They bust the door open, then hesitate to enter. Daniels says with conviction: "GO" as in "what's taking you so long, you dumbass!"

Last edited:
Daps
Randy will be like a combo of his dad and his uncle. He is a natural salesman which makes him stand out from the other kingpins that are just goons who happen to be smart and willing to kill.

He'll be more of a jackass like Cheese but underneath will be sharp as a knife like Prop Joe. Probably the kind of cat people underestimate until it's too late.

He's nothing like Bodie. Bodie's grandmomma even said to Herc and Carver that Bodie was always a little badass kid. Randy isn't naturally wired that way.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
It took me awhile to realize that Omar's boyfriend killed Tasha by accident during the stash house shootout

He shot her in the head, blindly shooting over his shoulder

I thought she got hit by Barkesdale people in the back

I thought Kimmy was mad because dude was running in front instead of cover-firing

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
Havent watched in years. Can someone remind me why was Omar protected in jail if he was a known snitch? He had those two goons but why would they fukk with him?

Because of Butchie....If I remember correctly.