Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
yeah i get you but at the same time its not like anybody was taking lex serious even after he caught that body. little kevin been talked about since the 1st season i think, unless its a different little kevin cause they never actually show him but stringer does mention how a “little kevin” caught one, so he already had some sort of status to be afraid of lex who noone took serious and was seen as somewhat of a joke
But who's Lex's team? Marlo was who he was shook of...

So he wasn't scared of Luc Longley.. He was scared of Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and the Bulls... But Longley was still on the team

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
In the midst of my annual rewatch (finishing up season 3).

Notice how amongst the law enforcement ranks they jump straight from Lieutenant to Major to Colonel…there are no Captains or Lieutenant Colonels. Read that this was done deliberately for simplification to show the different levels of authority in the police department.

TheBeesOneFourThree

. . . & On
Daps
i started rewatching and i didnt realize brother mouzone had a sister that was getting passed around. not that it matters or is important to the story

TheBeesOneFourThree

. . . & On
Daps
When is this mentioned? He's not from Baltimore so how would his sister's name come up?

season 1 episode 4

poot talking to bodie about some girl he was fukking with and her last name was mouzone. unless theres bo relation but i doubt it. and bodie talking hella shyt about her saying she dirty and she a flip.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
season 1 episode 4

poot talking to bodie about some girl he was fukking with and her last name was mouzone. unless theres bo relation but i doubt it. and bodie talking hella shyt about her saying she dirty and she a flip.
Just googled and this reddit thread came up :yeshrug:

Doesnt really say anything but says Poot was with a white girl the next episode :jbhmm:
Also raised a good point saying Mouzone for Brother Mouzone may be a given Muslim name and not a birth name.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
season 1 episode 4

Gonna look into the scenes where he mentions girls to Bodie, but I don't think it's S1E4. Just checked, and that's the ep where Bodie returns after having jetted from Youth Detention.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i started rewatching and i didnt realize brother mouzone had a sister that was getting passed around. not that it matters or is important to the story
Hmmm that's interesting. And the writers don't drop scenes or names in for no reason, there's always a purpose. so you may be on to something.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
More things I pick up during rewatches:

It's crazy how often scenes between the police department and the criminals parallel each other during episodes. For example in Episode 10 of season 2, the same time Prop Joe/Stringer join forces is the same episode the Baltimore PD and the Feds join forces. Another example is the scenes when Poot and Bodie walk up the steps to kill Wallace, and when McNulty and Cedric come to arrest Avon and Stringer. They both walk up these dark single steps, in the Poot and Bodie one, Poot hesitates to come upstairs until Bodie gives him a head nod like "come on", and in the reverse, McNulty hesitates to come downstairs until Daniels gives him the head nod to "come on".

In Season 1 when the MCU brought the Barksdale case to the Feds, and the Feds wanted to leverage Avon and Stringer and flip them to snitch on politicians because the Feds said they are the real targets, not Avon and Stringer, they were actually right lol. They are way more corrupt.

The Wire, X-Files and Law In Order all exist in the same Universe due to Detective Munch's cameo.

Ziggy didn't steal the right cars for Glekas lol, he stole him C-Class Benz not S-Class ones he asked for. Which is a huge difference price wise. And Ziggy actually kept one of the cars because that's the type of Benz he drove when he went over to see Glekas, and even told him he had one outside. If Glekas would've took Ziggy up on his offer to go outside and see the car himself, he would've known he ironically overpaid Ziggy.

Kima and Bubbles have no interactions once he gets clean

Dee and Namond are basically the same type of person under the same circumstances (Forced to be in a game they're not built for due to the reputation of their family name)

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Also I came across this message board after Season 1 of The Wire ended, before they even knew it was going to be a Season 2. It's crazy looking back and seeing peoples thoughts on the show when they only thought it was 1 season. They seemed to have all loved the show, some even calling it one of the greatest series they ever seen, after just 1 season.

You can read the whole thread here:

Here's one of the posts:

First off, this show was one of the greatest shows I have scene; the case was flat out awesome and I liked all of the characters. Only if their wasn't a bunch of politics involved, they would of brought down that whole crew, but it was more real like the way it ended though.

Andres, Omar was the guy who robbed Avons' stash house twice, and Avons' crew killed Omars boyfriend and buddy.

I am not sure why McNulty is on the boat but it definantly has to do with the first half of the show. The toy making cop told McNulty that one day they will ask you were don't you want to go regarding assignment and I am not sure if McNulty wanted t be on a boat or was to self involved to have paid attention to the cops advice. I need to watch the earlier eps again.

The foot cop was a cop that McNulty's homicide boss wanted to have snitch on McNulty but the guy never did.

D'Angelo's deal feel through because he ended up taking the rap and not ratting out his Uncle, plus the Feds were going to handle the case so no witness protection was going to happen.

I don't think the deputy commisioner had that look, it was more a good job and here is your promotion for being my rat.

I just don't know how they will be able to make another season because everyone has their new assignments. McNulty's on a boat, Carver is a Sgt(I think), the Toy maker is now in Homicide, Daniels and the white cop are the only pair left from that job.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
More things I pick up during rewatches:

It's crazy how often scenes between the police department and the criminals parallel each other during episodes. For example in Episode 10 of season 2, the same time Prop Joe/Stringer join forces is the same episode the Baltimore PD and the Feds join forces. Another example is the scenes when Poot and Bodie walk up the steps to kill Wallace, and when McNulty and Cedric come to arrest Avon and Stringer. They both walk up these dark single steps, in the Poot and Bodie one, Poot hesitates to come upstairs until Bodie gives him a head nod like "come on", and in the reverse, McNulty hesitates to come downstairs until Daniels gives him the head nod to "come on".

In Season 1 when the MCU brought the Barksdale case to the Feds, and the Feds wanted to leverage Avon and Stringer and flip them to snitch on politicians because the Feds said they are the real targets, not Avon and Stringer, they were actually right lol. They are way more corrupt.

The Wire, X-Files and Law In Order all exist in the same Universe due to Detective Munch's cameo.

Ziggy didn't steal the right cars for Glekas lol, he stole him C-Class Benz not S-Class ones he asked for. Which is a huge difference price wise. And Ziggy actually kept one of the cars because that's the type of Benz he drove when he went over to see Glekas, and even told him he had one outside. If Glekas would've took Ziggy up on his offer to go outside and see the car himself, he would've known he ironically overpaid Ziggy.

Kima and Bubbles have no interactions once he gets clean

Dee and Namond are basically the same type of person under the same circumstances (Forced to be in a game they're not built for due to the reputation of their family name)
Speaking of Dee... His idea that they could sell the drugs without all that other shyt (bodies) was a recurring theme. Stringer had the idea next. Thinking he could run things like a business until Marlo let him know, that wasn't gonna happen. Prop Joe thought he could run it like a business with the Co-Op. The black cop thought he could legalize it and there would be no bodies (Hamsterdam).

Everyone who tried to sell drugs as a business and leave the other shyt behind, either got killed or fired

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Speaking of Dee... His idea that they could sell the drugs without all that other shyt (bodies) was a recurring theme. Stringer had the idea next. Thinking he could run things like a business until Marlo let him know, that wasn't gonna happen. Prop Joe thought he could run it like a business with the Co-Op. The black cop thought he could legalize it and there would be no bodies (Hamsterdam).

Everyone who tried to sell drugs as a business and leave the other shyt behind, either got killed or fired
This is a fact. And it was more than just drugs, any system they tried to change, it never worked out. Even showed through the school system when Bunny too.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
This is a fact. And it was more than just drugs, any system they tried to change, it never worked out. Even showed through the school system when Bunny too.
Mayor Carcetti started off with great intentions too. Got in office and found he couldn't do shyt.. So he quickly abandoned that to become Governor