Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Good finds. To add to that, I always found the scene (season 3) where Chris is being driven off after drive by-ing Avon to be kinda similar to the scene (season 4) where Carcetti is being driven off after observing the workers who he forced to fix the sewer / rundown playground / leaking fire hydrant etc.

There isnt much of a connection in what theyre doing, but their expressions are the exact same. Probably just feeling re-assured that what they're thinking/doing is paying off - Protecting Marlo from a trap / Improving failing infrastructure.

Avon is dead is Chris lights that truck up.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
yeah i get you but at the same time its not like anybody was taking lex serious even after he caught that body. little kevin been talked about since the 1st season i think, unless its a different little kevin cause they never actually show him but stringer does mention how a “little kevin” caught one, so he already had some sort of status to be afraid of lex who noone took serious and was seen as somewhat of a joke
You're confusing him with "little man".

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Everyone hates Namond’s mom, for good reason, but I think Michael’s mom is even worse

Social services looked into the reports of the sexual abuse that Michael suffered.

If you pause it as it pans left at 0:16, you can see that it’s says it’s inconclusive due to the mother not cooperating.

Later on she brings the same child rapist to her home and dismisses Michael’s worries with “people change”.

I like Shamrock’s character more on rewatch. He’s funny and entertaining.

Taking criminal conspiracy notes

“String, Poot did have the floor!”

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
yeah i think mouzone is originally from bmore. I do remember a scene where they talk about a black dude making it out of bmore and setting up in NY. i think it was a scene in butchie bar but i could be wrong.
exactly. he seemed way too familiar woth the territory and the whole get down of everything going on. prop joe saying that is kinda a dead giveaway too. like how would he know about mouzone if mouzone was only a cat from ny

I don't think he's from Baltimore. Best evidence is the end of this scene

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Everyone hates Namond’s mom, for good reason, but I think Michael’s mom is even worse

Social services looked into the reports of the sexual abuse that Michael suffered.

If you pause it as it pans left at 0:16, you can see that it’s says it’s inconclusive due to the mother not cooperating.

Later on she brings the same child rapist to her home and dismisses Michael’s worries with “people change”.

She's terrible. The guy is Bugs' father, which is why she didn't cooperate. fukked up scenario,

You have an eagle's eye for details.

Last edited:
Daps
Not sure if this has been posted in this thread already but was reading it the other day and found it very interesting

Apologies if it has

It's all in the details.....

All the pieces matter

It truly is the greatest show ever written, nothing even come close

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
The actors who played Bodie and Chris were about the same age in real life.

Wood Harris (Avon) is also only 2 years older than Larry Gilliard (Dee). Gilliard was a classmate of Tupac and Jada Pinkett in that performing arts school in Baltimore. He’s only a year younger than the actress who played his mother, Michael Hyatt.

Bodie, Poot, and Wallace are all supposed to be around the same age, 16 at the start of the series. JD Williams is 9 years older than Michael B. Jordan.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
- Prop Joe has another nephew besides Cheese that was in his camp

Drac.

I don’t think Cheese was originally written as Prop Joe’s nephew. I think they changed it, as well as Cheese’s last name from Flagstaff to Wagstaff. I don’t remember any mention in season 2 or 3 about Joe and Cheese being related.

Joe meets with Nick and some of the Greeks to talk about Cheese and Ziggy and Joe doesn’t say that Cheese is his nephew. Joe and Cheese have a scene later in the season after Mouzone shoots Cheese and there’s no mention of them being family.

Early in season 3, they arrest one of Prop Joe’s dealers with the hope that Drac will be promoted because he’s related to Joe. Joe promotes Cheese, and Drac is heard on the wire basically saying “how can he promote Cheese instead of me when I’m kin?”

Drac actually has some really funny conversations that they hear on the wire.

Daps
Drac.

I don’t think Cheese was originally written as Prop Joe’s nephew. I think they changed it, as well as Cheese’s last name from Flagstaff to Wagstaff. I don’t remember any mention in season 2 or 3 about Joe and Cheese being related.

Joe meets with Nick and some of the Greeks to talk about Cheese and Ziggy and Joe doesn’t say that Cheese is his nephew. Joe and Cheese have a scene later in the season after Mouzone shoots Cheese and there’s no mention of them being family.

Early in season 3, they arrest one of Prop Joe’s dealers with the hope that Drac will be promoted because he’s related to Joe. Joe promotes Cheese, and Drac is heard on the wire basically saying “how can he promote Cheese instead of me when I’m kin?”

Drac actually has some really funny conversations that they hear on the wire.
I'm pretty sure he does and that he says it's his sister kid and that family is forever causing him problems

Edit: I've just watched a clip on YouTube with that scene and I'm wrong , he doesn't mention it being his sister kid
My bad sorry

Last edited: