This chick needs some music advice! ^.^

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My first thread yay! I've been on here for months and still learning this site! Uh!!......:hamster:

For the past few months I've been discouraged and depressed off and on when it comes to music (I write and money keeps me from doing what I want to do honestly). My nephew called me yesterday morning after seeing my FB post and said that I need to not just record my new music and post that up but I need to post my old music. He said that there is absolutely no reason for me to not be where I want to be or more than half way there. He also said that "if Young Thug and all of these terrible rappers can get on the radio from the raggedy sh*t they're posting and it takes off then why can't you?"

Problem is, my old mixtape stuff was from my 12th grade year and my 1st/2nd year of college. I was recording in my bedroom at that age. :snoop: Obviously I don't like the quality.

He also said that when everyone hears how far you've come then that's when you post up the new music. What do you fellas/ladies think? :unsure:

Also, I was rapping to instrumentals (which I love doing by the way) but do people still rap to them? I'm not spending money when I get it just to put on mixtapes. All my good beats are for the real albums I'm planning on.

Are rapping to instrumentals a turn off for you? :sad:

Any advice is nice! Muah! <3

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
just make a great album and people will find it

don't worry about "wasting" good material on something you think people won't find

it probably will fly under the radar at first but there's nothing better than finding an artist you like and doing some research and finding out they've been putting out good music

good luck brehette

All Star
Supporter
Daps
just make a great album and people will find it

don't worry about "wasting" good material on something you think people won't find

it probably will fly under the radar at first but there's nothing better than finding an artist you like and doing some research and finding out they've been putting out good music

good luck brehette

Thank you hun!

And the thing is I have damn good verses that I wrote a few years ago when I started working on a 3rd one but I got side tracked with health. I wrote all of those to a lot of Wu Tang beats and now.....since I've been focusing more on my real album it's like "what the hell to do!!".....

Again thanks suga!

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Mr Elaine part deux? :troll:

Anyway, rapping to instrumentals is corny. unless you rap to obscure dope instrumentals. Stuff that we've never heard or barely heard (and it wasn't finessed properly until you showed up)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't know who or what Mr Elaine is or what.....:hamster:

But thanks. Now if only I can find original beats to the verses I got :sadcam:

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nah you should, just have fun with em. :salute:

Some folks hate the instrumentals, others love it. I'm torn! My verses fit the Wu beats I wrote to!!! I don't know of any original beats that can fit what I got!

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Have no expectations and just put it out then work it.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Thank you hun!

And the thing is I have damn good verses that I wrote a few years ago when I started working on a 3rd one but I got side tracked with health. I wrote all of those to a lot of Wu Tang beats and now.....since I've been focusing more on my real album it's like "what the hell to do!!".....

Again thanks suga!

definitely don't go over wu tang beats unless its better than the original verses (i doubt it). that's some sacred shyt amongst hip hop fans. don't do classic beats like that, maybe 10 years ago, but not anymore

honestly you should rip beats you like off soundcloud and send the producer your verse, if he likes it most likely he'll let you use it

keep doing it until you have enough free beats to drop a mixtape

keep working on your own beats until the album is ready