This Clip Has Ruined Action Movies For Me.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
name some good ones I can watch is ip-man any good with the fight scenes? think im bout to rewatch the raid 1 and 2 :D

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
name some good ones I can watch is ip-man any good with the fight scenes? think im bout to rewatch the raid 1 and 2 :D
Ip man is fire fight scenes, I mean idk if it's toppin the raid flicks bit def watch the movies.

Ip man 1 has one particular fight scene that I love but plenty of good ones.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is why I always liked Jackie Chan. Whenever you see a bunch of shaky cam and constant cuts in action scenes, it's usually a pretty clear red flag that the actors can't really do the actual moves. Our brains have a way of subconsciously noticing fakeness, even when we're not consciously aware. We need to see the action, we need to see people doing actual stunts and actual moves. That Tony Jaa fight scene that OP posted :banderas:

Cuts aren't always bad, but the people that know what they're doing only cut so that you can clearly see the moves that the characters are doing. Take this piff for example:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Almost as bad at cuts as the Catwoman Basketball scene. Actually shyt might be worse :patrice:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Blame the Bourne series for this. Every action movie since it's inception has done this and it's stinks.

I wrote about this a few years ago (shameless plug) and notice everyone posting scenes from foreign movies? Yeah, 'Merica gotta copy the filmmakers in across the sea for fight scenes. Keep the camera steady dammit!

The video above is a parody that includes multiple repeats of the same shot. The actual scene is only marginally less ridiculous.:russ:

And yeah, this has been the worst trend in action movies for years.:scust:

I swear this reminds me of the chick in the Sandstorm video jumping the fence :russ:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
There's a way to cut a movie during action scenes that make it seem, seamless but Hollywood is too lazy to do this nowadays in most of their movies.