this dude argues that MCU films are no different than T2

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Please explain the 'depth' of Predator? What's the theme of the movie other than Arnold is a bad ass?

It's not just Arnold though, it's the entire ensemble. Take a cast of characters, Magnificent Seven style, put them in a simple war movie, but alter the premise slightly. Predator feels like a real war movie, with the baddest team on a mission...even after he's introduced. That's also why Predators failed, but also why Overlord works.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's not just Arnold though, it's the entire ensemble. Take a cast of characters, Magnificent Seven style, put them in a simple war movie, but alter the premise slightly. Predator feels like a real war movie, with the baddest team on a mission...even after he's introduced. That's also why Predators failed, but also why Overlord works.
It did not feel like a 'real war movie'. The violence in parts is actually cartoonish. Arnold throws a knife thru a niqqa and tells him to stick around. That's that jokey shyt people complain about in Marvel movies.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Marvel movies a very good, in fact some are great. Short of Infinity War and maybe Ironman, none of them are ground-breaking in the same vein as Terminator 2. I'd argue the CGI in Terminator 2 looks better than most Marvel movies, nevermind the plot...and Terminator 2's story is a convoluted mess when you take a step back and look at it, but how it plays out is arguably one of the greatest action movies of all-time.

However, the world building in the MCU is second to none, and whoever keeps greenlighting Terminator sequels could learn something from Marvel.

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
My Marvel thoughts

Winter Soldier CLASSIC
Ironman CLASSIC
Tobey Mcguire Spiderman 1 and 2 CLASSIC

Thor Ragnarok CLASSIC
Blade 1 & 2 BLASSIK
Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2 CLASSIC
All Wolverine movies classic, :hubie:

All Xmen movies WACK

*Eric Bana was the best Hulk (fight me :unimpressed:)
Andrew Garfield actually the best Spiderman but all his movies had horrible scripts n villains

All the Avengers movies mid

X men Origins wolverine and The wolverine are classics?

X-2, First Class and DOFP aren't classics?

what a disgusting post :scust:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Civil war, winter soldier, the batman, dark knight, endgame, infinity, spiderman2, are better than predator and t2 tho.

Which are both rated r movies and under a different set of criteria. As distinctly rated r films.
I would also say the crow is better than predator singularly as well.

Art Barr
:mjtf::camby:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I like The Batman more the second time I saw it. Peoples Hernandez did his thing as Gordon. The score was great. I play this song when I need to speed my walks up to get my pumping. This shyt hits and I feel like I'm bout to run down on Carmine Falcone.

Admittedly, I did not see either in theaters. Wasn't born when Predator came out and I watched The Batman on HBO Max. The sound design was great in The Batman so I imagine it was even better in theaters.

For me, it's just the opposite: I like The Batman and love Predator. For a while, Batman Begins has been my second favorite movie, so I admit my bias when watching The Batman through the lens of how it compares to Begins.

The predator is one of those great movies
.where you did not know.
wtf to expect and it arguably has the best wtf is this movie about trailer ever made. Which drives the audience to connect.
before even a single view. Yet the batman delivers on a level where. The penguin's casting and makeup is so profound. Just that alone rivals the wtf trailer of the predator. The predator is arguably one of the best theatre rides of mystery ever. Yet i feel the predator could have had more jungle conflicts for Dutch and crew. Whereas with the batman. We finally get the actual batman in all his detective glory. Along with the intrigue of villainry. In the same idea of wtf is this predator thing in the predator movies easily as well. The predator and the batman are to well put together films. Yet with the batman. It hits in all levels and begs for a sequel. Whereas the predator would live in larger enfamy. If it was not bastartdized

Art Barr

Avisible Man

The animal that Hughve Hefner created
Daps
The predator is one of those great movies
.where you did not know.
wtf to expect and it arguably has the best wtf is this movie about trailer ever made. Which drives the audience to connect.
before even a single view. Yet the batman delivers on a level where. The penguin's casting and makeup is so profound. Just that alone rivals the wtf trailer of the predator. The predator is arguably one of the best theatre rides of mystery ever. Yet i feel the predator could have had more jungle conflicts for Dutch and crew. Whereas with the batman. We finally get the actual batman in all his detective glory. Along with the intrigue of villainry. In the same idea of wtf is this predator thing in the predator movies easily as well. The predator and the batman are to well put together films. Yet with the batman. It hits in all levels and begs for a sequel. Whereas the predator would live in larger enfamy. If it was not bastartdized

Art Barr

Imagine if Predator did not start in space with the alien ship coming outta hyperspace. Woulda added even more to the mystery.

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
Predator is one of my favorites. It's record is impeccable. It's not to be fukked with. Terminator 2 is universally beloved but I think The Terminator is better. Still tho, they both great. Iont know if there's any MCU movies that surpass Predator. There's a few that are on par but Predator and T2 are rated R action movies. It's not the same sport compared to MCU PG-13 summer blockbusters.
fukking love The Predator

Avisible Man

The animal that Hughve Hefner created
Daps
fukking love The Predator

"The" Predator?

arnold-schwarzenegger-predator.gif

Just playing. I know what u meant