this dude argues that MCU films are no different than T2

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Nah, definitely not true.

I damn near stayed in the theaters around that time. It was talked about. You know what else was talked about? Robocop. It came out right after

87 was a STRONG film year. 91 was good too
Yes it is definitely true. It gained a cult following. It wasn't anything special at the time like he said

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I feel the same but never had the guts to say it. Black Panther in Civil War > Black Panther on his own shyt.
A lot of Black folk are use to slop being hurled at us guised under "blackness."

Hey lets make a 95 percent movie about a fictional African nation, and male sure you throw in a diaspora war cause we dont wanna promote unity. Also show the CIA in a good light to help indoctrinate black. Make sure you call white folks colonizer! Also make the King cry! We need black masculinity to have some dent in its armor.

Lets the show the most technically advamced nation on film! And only show the downtown market area and shots from above.

What about his tech? Lets give them a suit that force pushes!!!!! And has the same nano tech like Stark! Lets contridict ourselves all for the sake of Black Panther! And since we know blacks worship Jesus dont let them use the word Habit or Bast or Panther Cult. Cause we know blacks cant fathom any African religion besides the b*stardize version of Christianity.

Lastly, lets change his name from ManApe to Mbaku and have him wear Ape skin garments with fur and grunt like an Ape but he can tbe called ManApe. BUT he grunts like an Ape and wears Ape skin and fur on his body while grunting.

This is these nikkas fave movie? This is who they wanna die on the Hill for?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
A lot of Black folk are use to slop being hurled at us guised under "blackness."

Hey lets make a 95 percent movie about a fictional African nation, and male sure you throw in a diaspora war cause we dont wanna promote unity. Also show the CIA in a good light to help indoctrinate black. Make sure you call white folks colonizer! Also make the King cry! We need black masculinity to have some dent in its armor.

Lets the show the most technically advamced nation on film! And only show the downtown market area and shots from above.

What about his tech? Lets give them a suit that force pushes!!!!! And has the same nano tech like Stark! Lets contridict ourselves all for the sake of Black Panther! And since we know blacks worship Jesus dont let them use the word Habit or Bast or Panther Cult. Cause we know blacks cant fathom any African religion besides the b*stardize version of Christianity.

Lastly, lets change his name from ManApe to Mbaku and have him wear Ape skin garments with fur and grunt like an Ape but he can tbe called ManApe. BUT he grunts like an Ape and wears Ape skin and fur on his body while grunting.

This is these nikkas fave movie? This is who they wanna die on the Hill for?
Yes. And all this conspiracy when the director is Black, the producer is Black. Oh I know they are just sell outs and real niqqaz don't make shyt like that they just complain about it online. lol

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Daps
Reppin
Yes. And all this conspiracy when the director is Black, the producer is Black. Oh I know they are just sell outs and real niqqaz don't make shyt like that they just complain about it online. lol

All Coogler and the writer had to do was use source material. Its sad Tchalla was represented better under white people tham blacks. Yea I said it.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Infinity War can squabble with T2, won't kill it but it's definitely a good fight.

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Daps
Reppin
Action wise maybe but his movie did more with him character and theme wise.
Naw they made my man dumb compared to the comics and even young Tchalla was shown capable as well. They dropped the ball big time. And every comic book fan of the character could take a poll and Im sure you they would agree in large numbers....MCU fukked up the character T'Challa...all to pander to blacks who wont read comics, and support the character to bringing in casual movie fans...les5 but not least the Diaspora war in a 95 per cent black movie. We cant even have a film that showcases black grestness in fiction without an agenda being fed to us. Our own people dont wanna see us united in film.

What was so wrong about Killmongoer's original origin? It would have kept the story in Wakanda for pete's sake. But dat weak budget....

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Naw they made my man dumb compared to the comics and even young Tchalla was shown capable as well. They dropped the ball big time. And every comic book fan of the character could take a poll and Im sure you they would agree in large numbers....MCU fukked up the character T'Challa...all to pander to blacks who wont read comics, and support the character to bringing in casual movie fans...les5 but not least the Diaspora war in a 95 per cent black movie. We cant even have a film that showcases black grestness in fiction without an agenda being fed to us. Our own people dont wanna see us united in film.

What was so wrong about Killmongoer's original origin? It would have kept the story in Wakanda for pete's sake. But dat weak budget....
Sorry, these movies are not for some niche comic book fan base. This is the MCU, they making big budget movies that are trying to break box office records. So yes they are catering to the general audience more than comic book fans. And the conflict within the movie reflects what is going on in the African diaspora, unfortunately we don't get along and are not unified. And why we are like that has. a lot to do with our history of selling our own into bondage/slavery. There isn’t a major blockbuster movie that even touches this theme and this movie did it and did it well.

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Daps
Reppin
Sorry, these movies are not for some niche comic book fan base. This is the MCU, they making big budget movies that are trying to break box office records. So yes they are catering to the general audience more than comic book fans. And the conflict within the movie reflects what is going on in the African diaspora, unfortunately we don't get along and are not unified. And why we are like that has. a lot to do with our history of selling our own into bondage/slavery. There isn’t a major blockbuster movie that even touches this theme and this movie did it and did it well.
Naw man...keep reality out of my fiction as much as possible. If I wanted a diaspora war movie, we could ge tit dine via other outlets. This movie was about showing all beauty and we didnt need an agenda esp when Wakandans wouldve never gave a damn about anything not Wakanda. The movie was a huge let down and Ive been waiting since middle school to see this King, they turned into a pauper. Maybe if I didnt know about the character at alk, I would be blinded by this Hollywood slop. The hero was the villain in the film. And they made the nilitant black man the villain....man the agendas....

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Naw man...keep reality out of my fiction as much as possible. If I wanted a diaspora war movie, we could ge tit dine via other outlets. This movie was about showing all beauty and we didnt need an agenda esp when Wakandans wouldve never gave a damn about anything not Wakanda. The movie was a huge let down and Ive been waiting since middle school to see this King, they turned into a pauper. Maybe if I didnt know about the character at alk, I would be blinded by this Hollywood slop. The hero was the villain in the film. And they made the nilitant black man the villain....man the agendas....
This was Coogler's vision not yours man. And it was successful by any objective measure. Sorry you didn't like it. :yeshrug:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Imagine if Predator did not start in space with the alien ship coming outta hyperspace. Woulda added even more to the mystery.

It is one of those movies that never needed a sequel like the hidden.

The predator, the hidden and the original terminator have this wtf intrigue horror sci fi quality to them. That is unmatched in the sci fi genre creature feature genre. Although i feel aliens is the beat creature feature. Terminator the hidden and predator are arguably all time the best mind fukk creature feature horror aci fi movies ever. As the mind fukk from those three movies is on a other level all time.
in any form of media as a whole.

Art Barr