Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

Is this what really led to the club scene being hardly any dancing and just sitting around and stuntin, at least when it comes to rap. Real interesting thread if you go through a lot of the quotes and replies. I have felt like the past few years as far as rap, what are actually the songs you dance to?? What songs of this current era do you play and people would instantly hit the dance floor and go wild? What’s today’s Back That Azz Up, Hot In Herre, or Yeah!???

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Smartphones ruined clubs. People became more interested in portraying an image rather than being in the moment. That and back in the days what happened in the club, stayed in the club.

The last thing anyone wanted was a trail of evidence documenting your indiscretions, antics and any potentially nefarious shenanigans.

Joe Budden

Banned
Daps
Northerners used to be mad as shyt cuz everyone was in the club dancing and having fun. When my cousins used to go down south they’d leave the club early and start a freestyle cipher in the parking lot and ice grill people driving by.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:yeshrug:Clubs just evolving with the market. The kids gonna do what they like to do like we did what we like to do. If Covid couldn’t “kill” clubs nothing will.

Sturdy

Rookie
Daps
Phones killed clubs.
Im in my mid 30’s and haven’t clubbed in years but I saw the change with my own eyes with the phones and rise of social media. When I was in my early 20’s clubbing every weekend the floors were packed and it was so easy to dance and mingle with females and even males for bullshyt conversation. Then gradually that all disappeared and everyone turned into wallflowers or stayed in their own groups like no one was there but themselves on their phones. Turned wack

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Smartphones ruined clubs. People became more interested in portraying an image rather than being in the moment. That and back in the days what happened in the club, stayed in the club.

The last thing anyone wanted was a trail of evidence of your indiscretion, antics and any potentially nefarious shenanigans.

Was about to come in and say this. Smartphones and stunting trap music. You can't dance to no damn trap

I was too young back then, but it's not hard to figure out why Black American clubbing is dead. Back in the early 2000s in the crunk era with dance music and no phones bytches stayed dancing.

From what I understand the best clubs are now Caribbean and Spanish/Latin. So if you want to dance with some nice hoes hit up those joints

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Chea, people got "too cool" and everyone was too busy trying to build an image. Add in things like bottle service, VIP sections and that whole pseudo celebrity thing and people forgot what the whole point of hitting a club was as they were so busy fronting.

Shout out to my peeps that clubbed in days when it was as dangerous as it was exhilarating and people were truly with it, in both senses of the word, as it was so much fun. Everything from getting crazy drunk at home before you hit the spot with your team as a warm up to the 2AM slow jam desperado hour with the dregs on the dancefloor if you were lacking in your macking earlier that night as well as the spontaneous violence and all the rest of what made it what it was.

:flabbynsick: out.