Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Was about to come in and say this. Smartphones and stunting trap music. You can't dance to no damn trap

I was too young back then, but it's not hard to figure out why Black American clubbing is dead. Back in the early 2000s in the crunk era with dance music and no phones bytches stayed dancing.

From what I understand the best clubs are now Caribbean and Spanish/Latin. So if you want to dance with some nice hoes hit up those joints

I’ve definitely heard the same. Pretty much a lot of Afrobeats and Soca has taken over and I’m glad.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Is this what really led to the club scene being hardly any dancing and just sitting around and stuntin, at least when it comes to rap.

Smartphones ruined clubs. People became more interested in portraying an image rather than being in the moment. That and back in the days what happened in the club, stayed in the club.

The last thing anyone wanted was a trail of evidence documenting your indiscretions, antics and any potentially nefarious shenanigans.

These, plus:

- The Club of choice became the Strip Club, as far as the music that was made.
- No slow songs at The Club because nobody knows how to slow dance anymore (this helped kill R&B)

The rappers were lowkey telling us the club was gonna die back in the day.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Bottle service was before my time but I can definitely see how it shifted the club experience. Same goes for smart phones

When I was going you didn't want to dress too nice because 1), your nice shoes would get scuffed up, and 2) you were gaurunteed to be drenched in sweat at the end of the night. The setup now allows you to be pretty all night

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Was about to come in and say this. Smartphones and stunting trap music. You can't dance to no damn trap

I was too young back then, but it's not hard to figure out why Black American clubbing is dead. Back in the early 2000s in the crunk era with dance music and no phones bytches stayed dancing.

From what I understand the best clubs are now Caribbean and Spanish/Latin. So if you want to dance with some nice hoes hit up those joints

I would disagree and say afrobeat but we on the same side as far as the topic at hand.