#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yeah I grew up square and was never clubs, but by the time I was 21 shyt was downhill anyway.

I'm tryna find some Carribean joints though and want to start up Bachata:mjgrin:
Royale Palace in Atlanta was my shyt. I stay on them Jamaican broads.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smartphones ruined clubs. People became more interested in portraying an image rather than being in the moment. That and back in the days what happened in the club, stayed in the club.

The last thing anyone wanted was a trail of evidence documenting your indiscretions, antics and any potentially nefarious shenanigans.

Swap smartphones out for social media, and you got it.

The experience of going out stopped being about having a good time and pulling something out the club, and is instead about being able to go live or post pictures from your section, especially if someone half famous is there. It's crazy, but shyt is all about putting on a show for people who aren't there, most of which might actually just be chilling at home.

I'm not really into night life these days, but even if I were, I'd still be more about lounges, and probably really just fukk with houseparties, if I'm being honest.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Another thing that was really dope back then is that the DJs had maaaaad skills. They'd set the tunes up perfectly so you were riding a wave to a crescendo and it would just amp up everything so much. That and they had their own exclusives, blends, remixes with extra thump that just made the sets click. Track selection was always A1 back then because everyone in it was a head as it was such a niche genre and they came correct with each session.

They really set the mood perfectly because you'd have the young and sexy vibe build up to a peak around 1AM when it was to to snatch and leave with a baddie:steviej:after that you'd get a chunk of the :pacspit:energy for the gameless and frustrated to beat the shiz out of each other and then it would switch across to the :shaq:hour with slow jams to wind the night up with everyone that was still in there and scraping the barrel, not wanting to go home alone. On a Thursday. Or Tuesday because "urban" wasn't mainstream and :mjpls:was in full effect because the clubs really didn't want our type of business. Can't blame them in one sense because even though it was fun there was always some :demonic:energy holding up the wall as well as people who came to :birdman:. But if you were in it for the :blessed:and were fly with some bills in your pocket and not a care in your heart it truly was something else. Whats nuts is it would always be 86% the same crowd each time round. :russ:

Motion picture ish...

:wow:

If you know, you know. Salute!

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
nikkas used to hit the club, then the strip club afterwards. Then nikkas said, why even go to the regular club if we gonna end up at the strip club anyway? So the strip club became the club. They play all the fast stuff he taking about in the strip club. At the end of the day the regular club is basically lame as hell these days

Every time I got people coming in asking what’s to do…the strip club, that’s what’s to do, if you trying to go out and party

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Yet when artists especially female artist make dance records there's an army of grumpy old nikkas talmbout "Babylon" and "our queens" sarcastically and lame shyt like that:francis:

Twerk music is probably at peak popularity right now and dancing in general is making a comeback with tiktoks popularity. This take makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Facts are being stated here.

As a DJ myself, its sad as fukk to witness the death of club rap. It's all slow drugged out soungs you can't dance to, nobody wants to dance, everybody wants to look at their phone and take pics on social media, it's sad.

It would be nice if more black folks got back into house and techno and take it back from these white folks. Rap as club music is dead as fukk. And it really sucks that the American music landscape is wholeheartedly SEGREGATED.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Even restaurants

Phone_at_the_Table.jpg

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I actually think Megan Thee Stallion was bringing it back for awhile, she consistently had some dancey uptempo songs but then the pandemic hit. I notice even today a lot of videos where girls are dancing has a Megan song playing in the background. I can imagine some clubs would've went off to supplement the tiktok dance videos when Savage was big.

I pretty much agree though with the original post.

Trap is actually a pretty slow tempo and additionally many producers today make "hard", head-nodding beats rather than anthems that make you want to move. I think maybe the exceptions are Mustard, MikeWill and Megan's main producer Lil Ju. They got that bounce to their music when they want to do it.

So many more non-Black American producers making beats now and getting on the charts. I'd actually say the mass majority of new trap/drill producers are non-Black American. Some beats are straight emo. I also agree about posts regarding the social media factor.

Edit:

Of course folks through the comments defending it :mjlol:

Mind you many producers have outright said Yeat is "saving music" on twitter.

Same people at those shows are on twitter saying what is and is not dope btw, including what grown folks actually in the club post.

Last edited:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I actually think Megan Thee Stallion was bringing it back for awhile, she consistently had some dancey uptempo songs but then the pandemic hit. I notice even today a lot of videos where girls are dancing has a Megan song playing in the background.

I can imagine some clubs would've went off instead of tiktok when Savage was big.

I pretty much agree though with the original post (trap is actually a pretty slow tempo) and the posts about social media.
Has nothing to do with music tbh
Young females do not go out to dance vs women from 10 years ago

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yet when artists especially female artist make dance records there's an army of grumpy old nikkas talmbout "Babylon" and "our queens" sarcastically and lame shyt like that:francis:

Twerk music is probably at peak popularity right now and dancing in general is making a couple with tiktoks popularity. This take makes no sense to me.

You just laid out what happens... A lot of females are gonna be in they own lil section.. no men around and just doin sh-t for instagram.

That's cool if that's what they wanna do but it's not a great setup for a young dude who wants to go meet someone